What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Roosters @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 16: Wests Tigers v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney Roosters 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
0073A9A3-DA99-4BF3-ABED-31BF51707217.jpeg
Tigers assault the ball carrier. Rugby league is a brutal sport and our players are tough and courageous. Madge is big on wrapping up the ball carrier, offloads by the opposition are often flights of fancy.

WA Tiger

Bench
I don’t like Latrell much.. You can probably tell ..His reaction after being dropped from NSW - if my source was correct - he said he wouldn’t play for Fittler again...Nah didn’t like that ...like he can play as long as he wants regardless...Thats exactly what Fittler has weeded out of the team..

Mario chalmers

Juniors
One of the lads at the game made that observation we flooded out after the game.

He reasoning is the Roosters offered a whole lot more in defence and attack than Souths and the game didn’t have that extended phoney war period with both sides evenly poised.

There was no surrender, no hint of the extended smoko and hot shower fever. The boys had a red hot go.

I made the point before that our attack seems to lack the requisite sophistication and intrigue to worry competent defences.

We don’t ask enough questions and phenomenal attack players like ck are shut down before they lace up a boot.

Brooks is superb, consistently excellent.

Agree totally. No threat offered by a slow dummy half in Farah. Marshall refuses to run the football. The media keep wrapping him (and encourage him to play on in 2020) but how long can we keep missing finals.

Reynolds into 6 and Liddle into 9 in my opinion. The sooner the better

Front-Rower

First Grade
Agree totally. No threat offered by a slow dummy half in Farah. Marshall refuses to run the football. The media keep wrapping him (and encourage him to play on in 2020) but how long can we keep missing finals.

Mate if Paul Sirronen and Benny Elias were still playing they’d be first picked every week.

Good guys/fan faves —> new talent

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
“On behalf of all at Wests Tigers, I’d like to congratulate Josh on his new playing contract,” Pascoe said.

“Josh is one of the most impressive young men I have met in rugby league and continues to have a huge impact for Wests Tigers both on and off the field. ....High praise

WA Tiger

Bench
Now that my night shifts are over for a couple of days ill watch the game today ..from reading all yours posts from memory Ill be looking out for 1 Farrah playing like a muppet...2 How the momentum going against us caused Liddle to have little effect....sounds like a Liddle fan posted that one.....3 Thompson’s apparent Fk up ..I’m still not convinced and even if he did a couple of posts said shit guys chill on that one..what else ..4 Aloiai played well enough at Prop but not MOM level...5 Momirovski sounds like he did good...6 Masters dropped ball..already seen it but want to know if he could have caught it..on my phone it looked a tough catch...7 Benji well I saw enough to know he was amazing so I’ll ignore the bad comments about him ..although why he never runs I can’t fathom where’s his dummy gone..Read nothing about Taylor...nothing about CK ..8 Was Brooks as good as everyone says I doubt it but let’s see..8 Could Thompson have polaxed Latrell legally and accidentally using momentum when Mitchell scored that jump over try which would have changed everything... on my phone it looked like it if he was thinking attack while defending..which isn’t likely but possible if he thought about the consequences...If we had a superstar he would be targeted by other teams if it looked like he was the difference - iether blatantly or hidden..so stop cringing...I can’t think of anything else

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
O yes the third tackle kick by Farrah which was the game in the end probably - a huge mistake ...Thats the most important one to watch..why would he do that...also our forwards were good our backs were crap..sounds like a current or x forward posting that one We shall see

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
That’s a “Thanks for your signature and staying with us MOM” Their were 2 other clubs chasing him.

He was very good for us though. I'm sure that other clubs were chasing him. He hits it up hard and gets us going forward. I think he is our best middle forward.

Tiger05

First Grade
O yes the third tackle kick by Farrah which was the game in the end probably - a huge mistake ...Thats the most important one to watch..why would he do that...

When he did it I said why do that. It was so dumb and it hurt us big time.

super_coach

First Grade
If we are going to continue to use two no9s we have to be a lot smarter how we use them, or go back to one no9 and get another impact player on the bench.

Liddle is probably one of our only players who can make a break out of nowhere and needs to be used when we are going for the jugular like early in the second half last week, not when the horses bolted

Tiger05

First Grade
Liddle is probably one of our only players who can make a break out of nowhere and needs to be used when we are going for the jugular like early in the second half last week, not when the horses bolted

Exactly. Robbie for 20-30 minutes then put Liddle on.

WA Tiger

Bench
If we are going to continue to use two no9s we have to be a lot smarter how we use them, or go back to one no9 and get another impact player on the bench.

Makes sense..That blunder by Farrah might be the tipping point..Madge has to make a coupe of big decisions very soon if we are going to get anywhere ...also I like the post above but only for Sirronen ..I loved watching him play for years ..

super_coach

First Grade
Makes sense..That blunder by Farrah might be the tipping point..Madge has to make a coupe of big decisions very soon if we are going to get anywhere ...also I like the post above but only for Sirronen ..I loved watching him play for years ..

No two games are the same so I guess how the coach rotates his troops will differ from game to game, but I think most of us agree that the no9 rotation is not working as well as it should. I think at present Madge is reluctant to use Liddle’s attacking skills in fear it might have a negative effect on our defensive structure

Pezz70

Juniors
No two games are the same so I guess how the coach rotates his troops will differ from game to game, but I think most of us agree that the no9 rotation is not working as well as it should. I think at present Madge is reluctant to use Liddle’s attacking skills in fear it might have a negative effect on our defensive structure

Liddles defence isn’t a problem. May take the spark out of his attack though I guess if he is running 80 minutes. I hate two hooker rotation. Running Taylor off the bench gives you better coverage, Mbye could run it in a pinch, and if Reynolds comes good he can cover hooker and Matterson can cover 5/8 .

Tiger05

First Grade
Liddles defence isn’t a problem. May take the spark out of his attack though I guess if he is running 80 minutes. I hate two hooker rotation. Running Taylor off the bench gives you better coverage, Mbye could run it in a pinch, and if Reynolds comes good he can cover hooker and Matterson can cover 5/8 .

The only possible workable option in my opinion is to play ET at the start and then Liddle if Robbie isn't going to play at all. I think that the Robbie/Liddle combination is better than ET/Liddle.

Reynolds should be played at 6. At the moment he isn't good enough to replace Benji but Benji is playing as good as he ever has. He was great on the weekend. I also think if Mbye plays in the centres he should stay there and try and become a gun centre.

It's a difficult situation but hooker is one position that is interchanged because it can be a tough position. We also have guys in Eisenhuth and Twal who play big minutes in the middle. I don't see the two hookers problem as a big issue. I just think Liddle needs more game time because he is significantly better than Robbie at this point in time.

Latest posts