What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Roosters @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 16: Wests Tigers v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney Roosters 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I actually think we played better last night then we did last week

One of the lads at the game made that observation we flooded out after the game.

He reasoning is the Roosters offered a whole lot more in defence and attack than Souths and the game didn’t have that extended phoney war period with both sides evenly poised.

There was no surrender, no hint of the extended smoko and hot shower fever. The boys had a red hot go.

I made the point before that our attack seems to lack the requisite sophistication and intrigue to worry competent defences.

We don’t ask enough questions and phenomenal attack players like ck are shut down before they lace up a boot.

Brooks is superb, consistently excellent.

83998836-BB51-4CF2-A5A1-11BB94AD4B75.jpeg Latrell calls in the “tee whisperer”

I suppose we should recruit the tee whisperer to help our beloved em.

Latrell is working his way back into form. Good on him.

The Rosco

Bench
And one that has hardly been mentioned . . . . Momirovski played well. Handled defence and attacked OK.
I was worried that he hasn't been setting the world on fire in CC so he'd be a useless addition . . . but he played well.

Some atmospherics:

Comedians in the tigers crowd offered the following loud “quips” last night:

When keary threw a dreadful pass that hit it’s target in gate 124, row 17:

“ You’re playing footy keary, youre not in the hia”

At Crichton waiting to receive the ball:

“ You’ve been total crap since you left Souths, give them a ring”

At the Tigers players after the “didn’t play at it call”:

“ Grab the effing ball and walk off boys, this is a joke”

At the ref after a late hit on Brooksy:

“ No penalty? You are f-ing kidding Sir! Stevie Wonder saw that, you effing cheating dog”

In the last ten:

“ Ffs Tigers, pass the effing ball to ck on every play....do something!”

Whilst walking in the flood after the game with police and security ensuring none of us spill onto the road:

“ Why aren’t you coppers out there catching real criminals?!”

Anyway....

WA Tiger

Bench
I keep thinking that Madge wants to see Farah get his 300 games and that is simply wrong, the team must come 1st.
Farrah spoke to Madge for the first time about coming to the tigers when they were at a wedding /gathering ? Where they both new the person celebrating. So it’s more than coach player relationship.Family are involved somehow

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Nothing wrong with the pass itself only the fact that he threw it. Manu, playing fullback had already committed himself to going for Jennings, he had practically run past Thompson, and CT still passed the ball. It really was poor footy from Thompson. He had an other wise pretty strong game though.
You know your stuff Pezz so I’ll take it more into consideration.... I do remember the Turd dropping the ball for no reason literally in origin 1 which helped them lose that game...Ah well ...I think once u make a decision it takes a lot to change it ey

WA Tiger

Bench
I can only offer useless info as I didn’t watch the whole game until Monday .....Benjis down to 89 kg He has been playing up to 95k ...Ive Been thinking he should drop another 4-5 again to get his step back but then more injuries again... and his wife’s a compulsive cook.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
We really needed to take out Latrell some how legally of course...Get him at the right time and angle and u can hurt him or at least daze him ..I’d love to have seen Thompson launch at him as he was scoring that try..when he was rolling all over the place He was open to being hit hard. But the moment passed.That would have been folk hero stuff..If it was borderline and hes on the sideline for a week so what ...still more likely to win..PS .24-16 is a respectable score

WA Tiger

Bench
We really needed to take out Latrell some how legally of course...Get him at the right time and angle and u can hurt him or at least daze him ..I’d love to have seen Thompson launch at him as he was scoring that try..when he was rolling all over the place He was open to being hit hard. But the moment passed.That would have been folk hero stuff..If it was borderline and hes on the sideline for a week so what ...still more likely to win..PS .24-16 is a respectable score
Re phrase even a good legal hit would have at that point been big for us ...around the high chest area ...

WA Tiger

Bench
He’s a good sized unit with loads of skill, he just needs someone good in his corner to keep the volume of the voices in his head down and he will go beyond being compared to Inglis.
Two arms two legs and a solar plexus. He’s good but like Kyrios what is his worst and how long will those periods last over his career.Great is defined by a sustained period of playing great...When was Inglis bad and for how long. I didn’t follow him closely but I suspect hardly ever

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
The other way to look at it is forget about great ness ...who would u want in your team Mitchell or Inglis.In their primes.

The other way to look at it is forget about great ness ...who would u want in your team Mitchell or Inglis.In their primes.

I don’t think Latrell has reached his optimum!

If our recruitment had shown any promise, he’d be jogging out for us followed by 2 or 3 origin stars!

He’s on my wish list...at the right price!

Madge and our best players will bring in some guns