What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 18: Brisbane v Wests Tigers

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We do seem to have a good second half in us lately, don't we?

I want to know how well we are doing if the games started when we scored our first try. Seems like we give up a 12-16 point lead and try and run it down most weeks, only to lose by 4. Cowboys and Titans game are two that immediately spring to mind.

Tigerm

First Grade
TBH, I can't see it happening, but if we were to beat Manly, that would give us a huge boost for reaching the top 8?

TBH, I can't see it happening, but if we were to beat Manly, that would give us a huge boost for reaching the top 8?

manly, Warriors, bulldogs, cows, sharks, Panthers & bulldogs is our run home. Because the comp is AIDS this season 11-13 might get you into the 8, meaning we can drop 2 games. A win against Manly would have us in good stead. The only other good team we play is Penrith.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I love being totally wrong with my prediction of how this game would unfold. I know it was a win against the team coming 2nd last but I am starting to dream of a fairy tale finish to the doco with us actually making the top 8. I would be happyish with 9th.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hard to know what to make of that game however I’m feeling fairly happy with the performance. Not sure if it’s cause we played well or maybe just happy to get a win.

We showed a bit of toughness, grit and surprising class to come back multiple times.

Laurie, Doeuihi and Stefano were great, there’s 3 very good footy players there. Tamou had his best game for the club and thought Pauga was decent enough against Staggs.

Didnt like Mbye being on so long at 9, don’t be fooled by the win, he was terrible. I really don’t think Garner can be in the team moving forward, he offers nothing apart from a decent line in the red zone. Also not many will say it but Twal is just an out and out plodder, if he left I wouldn’t bat an eye lid.

Let’s see how we go against Manly, I’m not expecting much.

Tiger05

First Grade
Hard to know what to make of that game however I’m feeling fairly happy with the performance. Not sure if it’s cause we played well or maybe just happy to get a win.

We showed a bit of toughness, grit and surprising class to come back multiple times.

Laurie, Doeuihi and Stefano were great, there’s 3 very good footy players there. Tamou had his best game for the club and thought Pauga was decent enough against Staggs.

Didnt like Mbye being on so long at 9, don’t be fooled by the win, he was terrible. I really don’t think Garner can be in the team moving forward, he offers nothing apart from a decent line in the red zone. Also not many will say it but Twal is just an out and out plodder, if he left I wouldn’t bat an eye lid.

Let’s see how we go against Manly, I’m not expecting much.
I like Twal but he is a worker forward. We were so much better with Stefano and Mikaele starting.

Tiger05

First Grade
Madge mentioned this in his press conference.

I agree with everything you said, the balance is much better this way. Personally I’m dropping Twal for Seyfarth and Garner for Blore next week.

One of our issues is our starting forward pack gets smashed. Tamou and Twal can play but they are both worker types. You just can't start with both of them. Madge had to change that and he did.

I like your changes. I think it's hard to pick both Tamou and Twal in the team. We have forwards that can have an impact. I don't think Twal is great off the bench because he doesn't have any impact consistently.

Tigers1986

Juniors
2nd half specials. Let's be realistic though - Brisbane are just as bad. Next week I fear the worst with a fresh Turbo linking up with Garrick and Saab, plus DCE in the middle. Hopefully I'm wrong but yeah.

Junior Pawg and Tuki had fair debuts, ken threw that wicked one hander. Mbye looked busy. Daine was goat except he’s mincemeat if exposed v a huge grunt. His attack was up another level today.

Doogie had an absolute blinder.

As did Stef, Tom and Lucy.

cerberus

Coach
i couldn't believe you could play as shit as we did in the first half and still be alive .
indeed brisbane needed 3 very dubious calls to get there in the first place .

god i'd love to have payne haas

i couldn't believe you could play as shit as we did in the first half and still be alive .
indeed brisbane needed 3 very dubious calls to get there in the first place .

god i'd love to have payne haas
Haas is a massive unit, he’s got another 7-8 years or so to build physically. Frightening thought.

Stefano smashed over Turpin to score that good solo try which was good thinking. Probably a better game from Tamou than per usual but Twal could give a bit more. He was less than his best in a strong team showing.

Even Talau looked competent today.

Last edited:

Front-Rower

First Grade
So much optimism for a win in a game between 14th and 15th. And the standard was pretty reflective of that as well. It was great to get a win but please a little bit of perspective peeps