What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Newcastle @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield

Who will win? Round 2: Wests Tigers v Newcastle

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
An interesting read this morning how Sua'ali'i didn't pass inside to an unmarked Teddy. Reminds me of AD yesterday.

Why do the press speak about, Tim Sheens and his assistants Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah. Why doesn't David Furner get a mention? The 9 coverage yesterday showed that there was Marshall talking to some players, Furner to others, Farah standing behind Marshall and I couldn't recall seeing Sheens, good to see them all united !!!

Front-Rower

First Grade
An interesting read this morning how Sua'ali'i didn't pass inside to an unmarked Teddy. Reminds me of AD yesterday.

Why do the press speak about, Tim Sheens and his assistants Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah. Why doesn't David Furner get a mention? The 9 coverage yesterday showed that there was Marshall talking to some players, Furner to others, Farah standing behind Marshall and I couldn't recall seeing Sheens, good to see them all united !!!
He was there, standing on the left hand side of the box as you looked at it. Later on he went down on the sideline. But like last week it looked like Benji was calling the shots.

WA Tiger

Bench
Im going to go a bit against the grain here and say that the effort is not the probem. Both games the guys have put in, moreso then they did at any time last year. Our problem so far has been:

* The 1/6/7 have been absolutely diabolical
* The coaching/gameplan/structures is a complete shambles

These two probably tie into each other so its a bit of the chicken or the egg first, however I havent felt that the guys packed up at any stage so far.
That’s fkn lot of spine

WA Tiger

Bench
I used to cringe for Ben Hunt after he got the dropsies and then he had trouble making an impression at the dragons..Look at him now with so much authority

WA Tiger

Bench
The positive out of all this despite the loss..1/ some good reading 2/ A broom through the brain dead suits. Shit we all knew this was going to happen from day 1. We’ve just been humouring them coz we had no choice..

I finally got around to watching the press conference. I have to concur with the earlier remark that it seemed devoid of solutions.

Tim knows it’s crunch time.

We discussed it at work and Tim got most of the criticism for not capitalising on their weaknesses to any meaningful extent.

We also lack of a lot size in key areas.

Api came in for more joyful tidings.

Wizardman

First Grade
Well......that match left me f**king deflated. It must have sapped my energy because I was crook and had an early night in the sack.

Honestly, Im putting a large amount of the blame on our spine and our coaching team for that performance yesterday. We have an uncanny ability to turn decent players into absolute spuds. That has to come from bad direction from our halves and most importantly.....bad coaching.

The most disturbing thing about this performance was that effort-wise, it was worse than last week. The Knights clearly wanted that more yesterday....and it would have been an absolute travesty of justice if we got over the line yesterday. After that bullshit try to Stefano was given, I actually HOPED the Knights held on. I would have hated to win in the circumstances that were in play yesterday.

Our 1, 6, and 7 need to go at the end of the season. We will get nowhere with those three men. I'd give Douhei the season at 6 as he is simply the best option at our club in that position. As for the 1 and 7, those two can f**k off as soon as a better option emerges. Laurie needs a NSW Cup stint. He gives me NO confidence at the back and is quite lazy in running off guys who can potentially push an offload. If Wakeham shows decent form at NSW Cup and is a better fit for Douhei, bring him in.

Nofo and Talau....they must be nervous at the selection table this week. Nofo actually pisses me off......I want him dropped for someone who wants to play first grade.

The forwards (apart from Twal) need to be put on notice after yesterday. Give them another go next week. Run hard you cocks!!!

I hope Im wrong regarding the three stooges in the coaching box.

Well one solution might be to trial some of the players in the secondary positions, they’ve been training for.

It was supposed to be for injuries, but form would be another reason.

And we have to give Tim and co a way out on the ego front, and I don’t know about anyone else, but so far, they aren’t accepting responsibility.

macnaz

Staff member
Well one solution might be to trial some of the players in the secondary positions, they’ve been training for.

And we have to give Tim and co a way out on the ego front, and I don’t know about anyone else, but so far, they aren’t accepting responsibility.
Teflon fonzi shifty Sheenious never has and never will take responsibility for anything he creates.

It only took 4 shows for NRL 360 to put the slipper into us last night and I can't really blame them.

What happened to the style of play we showed against Canberra in the trial? At least that was enterprising. I can accept if we make mistakes off that type of adventurous play.

The last 2 weeks has been a short side play that's fooling no one. 3 crash plays and then a backline shift that looks to be just made up on the spot. Followed by an ineffective kick on the last.....if we make it that far.

Cronk had some good insights into what we should be doing. Worth a look at his comments

Shredder

Juniors
Im a little disappointed in Staines to be honest.

If he wants to play fullback, he better step up.

Perth Tiger

Bench

It is pretty clear they should of spent more time training in their actual positions instead of Shennius trying show how smart he is by converting someone to a different position

WA Tiger

Bench
I think sheens showed what was to come from him when he hung Noddy out to dry despite still being the director at that point ..shortcut sheens

I swear this club could take a diamond and turn it into sh#t.Take Talau , he received an unfortunate knock,
instead of being a man and accepting an apology from Hastings over the tackle, he has carried on after the game and now its reflected poorly on him and the club.He is the one now that should apologise to Hastings privately and publicly.

Latest posts