What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Raiders @ GIO Stadium Canberra

Who will win? Round 2: Raiders v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frederick

Staff member
Yates and Saifiti were both late scratchings from the NSW Cup side. I imagine they'll both be travelling with the top grade side with Buhrer in doubt.
Paper today said that if Buhrer is ruled out then Yates will take his spot

macavity

Referee
Better defender than Jaifiti. Makes plenty of tackles and rarely misses

Not like Jaifiti would be trying to put down angle running backrowers. The Raiders want to trample everyone. They would back themselves to trample Yates.

Pedge1971

First Grade
You need some little guys on the bench for these blokes against popular opinion. If u can hold your own and be in touch after 50 mins, a fit, fast, mobile middle will run them ragged.

Just my opinion, I trust Brown.

Hope we watched Tigers v Storm tonight. Impossible is nothing.

PhilGould

Bench
You need some little guys on the bench for these blokes against popular opinion. If u can hold your own and be in touch after 50 mins, a fit, fast, mobile middle will run them ragged.

Just my opinion, I trust Brown.

Hope we watched Tigers v Storm tonight. Impossible is nothing.
The problem is Yates isn't fast or mobile enough with the ball to worry any defenders. He'll tackle his heart out, but heart won't make up for the massive size difference.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Yates will offer 40 tackles and none missed. Jacob Saifiti can’t do that. Yates will probably give us 70-80 running metres too, which is probably all that Jacob would give us.

Brown has his reasons. It could be that Jacob isn’t going to well at training, maybe he has an attitude problem after getting towelled up by Daniel saf at guerras birthday. There could be plenty of reasons why that only those at the knights know about.

PhilGould

Bench
Yates may get 40 tackles and 80 metres on a good day if he was starting and playing 80 minutes at lock. You're off your head if you think he's going to do that off the bench.

Burwood

Bench
It will be nice when we pick a team to worry the other side and force them into certain team selections.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Jacob is the right call I feel, I can cope with a missed tackle here or there if he's able to help us on a roll through the middle. Jacob and Daniel both coming off the bench at the same time is a good play imo.

Yates is just a poor man's Matt Hilder and not what we need in the team right now. Although I like his ticker I hope we don't see him in first grade much this year.