What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton

Who will win? Round 20: Brisbane v Wests Tigers

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
He is gone for the season but he has shown his worth. Hopefully they sign him on longer term.
Carrigan needs to be wiped out for the season. That tackle /injury was slow and planned.There was no other outcome but a serious injury.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Carrigan needs to be wiped out for the season. That tackle /injury was slow and planned.There was no other outcome but a serious injury.

It was bad but I don't think he realized how bad it was. It wasn't like a dirty high shot that was done on purpose.

Let's see what he gets. That have to get that tackle out of the game but I sort of feel sorry for the guy. He is a good player.

WA Tiger

Bench
E
I don't want to put a downer on it but we also don't have any pressure in relation to playing finals footy. We aren't under any pressure to desperately win games.

The players and coaching staff including team selections might feel a bit freer.
That lack of pressure and therefore able to play more freely didnt help us last year or the year before..And avoiding the spoon involves pressure. I don’t know why it’s so hard to give Noddy and the guys some credit. Most aspects of the game have improved 100% including attack, defence, kick chase, mistakes,send offs and the mental side of hanging tough. And Noddy is challenging them to be tough and he talked about the details. I would have thought with less pressure maybe attack might improve but not all that..we are throwing away tries and still winning with relative ease. This is different.

Would you risk bringing Madge back to find out?

Maybe little Noddy with the funny nick name,that’s too friendly and nice, and who has according to some (not me) stumbled in the the presser, and wants the guys to have fun is the guy

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
It was bad but I don't think he realized how bad it was. It wasn't like a dirty high shot that was done on purpose.

Let's see what he gets. That have to get that tackle out of the game but I sort of feel sorry for the guy. He is a good player.
God your hard work 05..I don’t know why you feel u have to reply to this at all..Do u feel that strongly about defending Carrigan.

How could Carrigan not know what he was doing. They all do wrestling and it was a slow methodical motion. Of course he new what he was doing .. Trying to win the game whatever it took! Hastings would have dreams about a high shot over this

They will all say “But he’s a nice guy.He wouldn’t hurt anyone on purpose”..Well he did and the next “harmless” player will as well untill he thinks twice before he breaks bones..he had plenty of time to think about what he was doing..and he had other options

“They have to get the tackle out of the game but I feel sorry for him and he’s a good player”
This is too hard and it’s too late..Good night

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
The Carrigan tackle was the worst of the year. Hastings ankle was locked under him and he pulled his upper body backwards. It was horrendous. It’s the exact tackle which Taniela tuiaki had his career ended from. Will probably get 4-5 weeks but IMO should be 10-12.

The Carrigan tackle was the worst of the year. Hastings ankle was locked under him and he pulled his upper body backwards. It was horrendous. It’s the exact tackle which Taniela tuiaki had his career ended from. Will probably get 4-5 weeks but IMO should be 10-12.
I'd go along with that for sure. The whole idea of the hip drop is to pin a part of the body and build up pressure while twisting the other way. Serious injuries are bound to happen. The NRL really need to start taking this seriously. They screwed it up for 15 years with Melbourne and basically let them get away with deliberately injuring players in many and varied ways, while at the same time making the game just about unwatchable.

Any time there's a new variation the NRL need to have a presser and and say this is what we've seen, it's not on and we're gonna start handing out 12 weeks whether there's an injury or not. On top of that, make the offending club reimburse all medical costs. That will make coaches think twice about introducing this sort of 'tackle' into the game. Then if there's a repeat offence they get a year.

In the 80's the NSWRL brought in Jim Comans as things had gotten out of hand. He handed out some massive suspensions and things changed. Sometimes you need to use the stick. Although no one is getting elbowed in the face or kicked in the head at full pace anymore, the wrestling tactics that have been around for far too long are designed to cause injury. On top of that they're grubby and the type of stuff that would make parents choose AFL over league for their kids.

gordsy

Juniors
Let's be honest sports these days are filed with dickhead, be it Soccer Union or League. If I could have my kid play any sport it would be golf as they can do it for life. I read an article today where Brandon Smioth said he's been training on hos own for the past 3 weeks after mouthing off to the ref. I wish out coaching staff had the balls to do that to a few of our boys.

WA Tiger

Bench
4 weeks what a joke. Imagine if they were told they’d get a knife up there arse if they do that tackle ..would that make that tackle disappear ? I think so ..but 4 weeks won’t..The NRL have a Chairman whose also the boss of a sport where the participants get shot if they are injured…Dont look for sympathy for a broken ankle, regardless of it being potentially career ending.

Latest posts