What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Titans @ Cbus Super Stadium

Who will win? Round 20: Titans v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spot On

Coach
I don’t want to make excuses but just watching the roosters now, is/was it a case of minds on next week?

We can only hope. But we were physically inept tonight and of course, we are playing away so there's a really big challenge for this feeble side to overcome.

Knight Vision

First Grade
The thing that shits me every week watching us is that we just refuse to play any creative football until we’re in the opposition’s 20m zone. We are just so predictable it is so frustrating to watch.
I agree ....Is it our playmaker ? or is it our attacking coach ?

I think the attacking coach is Willie Peters ?

Any team with a backline that has Ponga and Best in it and plays like that isnt being coached properly or isnt following the game plan.

Reflector

Juniors
This Knights squad remind me of the early 2010's Cowboys. Because there's definitely talent there in the forwards and backs, but there's not much in the way of discipline or leadership. It's no coincidence that (in addition to having good rosters) something else both Newcastle's Premiership teams had in common was great leadership, first with Chief who lead by example and then Joey who while (like Pearce) liked a drink and a good time, but (unlike Pearce) thrived on pressure situations and was arguably the best #7 in the games' history.

Spot On

Coach
I agree ....Is it our playmaker ? or is it our attacking coach ?

I think the attacking coach is Willie Peters ?

Any team with a backline that has Ponga and Best in it and plays like that isnt being coached properly or isnt following the game plan.

Surely we haven't hired an attacking coach that is anti attack?

Have we?

Old dog

Juniors
Not sure if that was our worst game this season or not but was certainly the most, by far, disappointing through effort and what we might have achieved

No way known to man. f**k no.

He's done. Not just a patch of form but the whole season. Going through the motions.

You watched any of his interviews ? he has the maturity of an 18 yr old. How the f**k he was given the Captaincy is anyone's guess. A leader of men? sweet lord.
Agreed. Watching him around the young blokes and in interviews is concerning. He never grew up and the young guys feed off that.

macavity

Referee
Can’t drop balls and play from shit field position So long and expect to have gas left in the tank, you can literally tell if we are going to win by our completion rate in the first 10-15 mins every game.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Agreed. Watching him around the young blokes and in interviews is concerning. He never grew up and the young guys feed off that.
Absolutely, if anything Pearce's career has been an example to young fella's of what not to do off the field.

And the manic way he conducts himself when the pressure is on is an example of what not to do on the field.

He is the polar opposite of Cameron Smith.

If the leader is the primary driver of culture then that's where we should look first if we want to bring change. That performance wasnt about skill it was about attitude and desire.

We resort to one out hit ups since it worked for us early on to establish a platform. When it doesn't work out we have no leader out there to enact an alternate game plan.
DSaf mentioned a few weeks ago after a loss that we had nobody out there doing any talking. I wonder if it was much the same this week.

Knight76

Juniors
And, it appears Barnett used a racial slur on Peachey. Absolutely no discipline, unacceptable behaviour and Barnett would be in the leadership group.

Latest posts