What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs Penrith @ BlueBet Stadium, Penrith / Dharug

Who will win? Round 22: Penrith v Newcastle

• Penrith Panthers 13+

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Penrith Panthers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slotmachine

First Grade
I feel really bad for Tyson here. I feel like he took the right option both times and his own lack of talent and/or composure just let him down so badly. He knew what had to be done, just couldn't nail it when it mattered.

It's why you need to pay a million bucks for the good halves and not 200k

Of more concern is that KP was outplayed by a debutante and flat out gave up on the crucial play of the game, not that gamblor makes errors or crossland isn't a halfback

perverse

Referee
It's unfortunate our best player probably put two of our worst plays on given the context.

Ponga pretty MIA and Brailey needs to go ASAP.

Some garbage high tackle penalties against us. Guess we got away with Frizz's try though.
Ponga was bad enough today that he shoulders a lot of the result. In a game where somehow it was close, you absolutely expect your million dollar man to stand up and basically do what Cleary did. Ponga was MIA all game. Either couldn't figure out how to get involved, or didn't want to. Not sure what the go was, but questions should be asked.

Woody90

Juniors
Ponga was MIA all game. Either couldn't figure out how to get involved, or didn't want to. Not sure what the go was, but questions should be asked.

Walsh (mostly fairly) cops a lot of crap for overplaying his hand and popping up on plays that aren’t on…tbh, for his pay packet I’d prefer Ponga getting involved like that rather than doing nothing. Not saying at all I’d was to swap Ponga for Walsh, but more I’d prefer him to overplay his hand for a chance to make something happen than do nothing.

We’re paying him to be a clutch player. Today is when he was needed but he was MIA. Gamble and Crossland will cop the blame for that one, but questions need to be asked to Ponga. I just hope there’s someone brave enough at the club to hold him accountable.

Controversial opinion, but the run we went on last year, we still win the majority of those games without KP, just not by as many. Tbh I think him getting so much credit for that run probably ironed over a lot of issues he still needs to work on.

perverse

Referee
Walsh (mostly fairly) cops a lot of crap for overplaying his hand and popping up on plays that aren’t on…tbh, for his pay packet I’d prefer Ponga getting involved like that rather than doing nothing. Not saying at all I’d was to swap Ponga for Walsh, but more I’d prefer him to overplay his hand for a chance to make something happen than do nothing.

We’re paying him to be a clutch player. Today is when he was needed but he was MIA. Gamble and Crossland will cop the blame for that one, but questions need to be asked to Ponga. I just hope there’s someone brave enough at the club to hold him accountable.

Controversial opinion, but the run we went on last year, we still win the majority of those games without KP, just not by as many. Tbh I think him getting so much credit for that run probably ironed over a lot of issues he still needs to work on.
Walsh is having a pretty shit of a year too, but absolutely you always get some highlights out of him. Ponga has it in him, I dunno where it was today, but it was very conspicuous.

Yosh

Coach
Walsh is having a pretty shit of a year too, but absolutely you always get some highlights out of him. Ponga has it in him, I dunno where it was today, but it was very conspicuous.
Maybe we need a coach who can get the best out of him?

Woody90

Juniors

The only thing I can think of is that I’ve heard players that had the same injury say they weren’t the same after their injury…he seems unhindered physically though so I don’t know.

Just disappointing because I really thought he’d turned a corner last season.

Here comes the I am happy with the effort presser. Meanwhile our ex assistant Willie Peters has Hull KR running first in Superleague over the two sides who have beaten Penrith in the WCC in Consecutive years. With a roster not even close to Wigan or St Helens on ability. Now where does that sound familiar?
You aren't seriously comparing coaching the ESL with coaching in the NRL are you?