What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Dolphins @ Optus Stadium, Burswood / Whadjuk

Who will win? Round 23: Dolphins v Newcastle

• Dolphins 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dolphins 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knight Tales

Bench
I hope O’Brien keeps the answers short in the presser. I would not give them anything. The media are always trying to pump up the tyres of sides around us as playing below their best. the crowds are going to be huge at home. The Souths game could sell out.

Woody90

Juniors
That was terrible, but at least we got the points.

I don’t like blaming the refs but the ref and the bunker completely f**ked us over.

Jono078

Referee
Didn't play anywhere near our best, got some dud calls & still got the win is all that matters in the end

Beside that when was the last time we won 5 in a row? 6th place right now!
I'm pretty sure the last time we won 5 in-a-row under AOB, we went on to lose our next 5... So there's that...

We needed this 2 points badly.

We can't afford to to think we'll roll the Bulldogs again next week either.

The hope remains alive everyone.

Rod

Bench
Got out of jail a bit with that late penalty but we were due a call, Gagai's penalty, them not checking the obstruction on Frizell and then the strip which just looked like Wallace trying to offlaod, plus a few other ones against us all very dubious.

Anyway a W is a W, would have been a super frustrating loss because the Dolphins are pretty terrible. A guess the positive is that we were due a down performance, played decent for about 15 minutes total and still won. Now temporarily in 6th on the ladder and 3 in a row at home!

Woody90

Juniors
I think we won 6 or 7 in a row in 2021 then shit the bed in the middle of the year then limped into 7th.

Zoidberg

First Grade
The “strip” on Wallace was Ponga all over the ball making sure he didn’t score, then Wallace just let the ball go.
Anyway, that performance definitely dampens my confidence in the team but it keeps us in line to make the finals. We need to be careful because we could easily lose any of our upcoming games and not make the 8 even against teams not going well if we don’t play well.

Yosh

Coach
Mann was used well today, gave Crossland the middle of the game off but I think Mann did stay on a little long. Got himself a try which was great. So did Crossland!

Ponga is a class above anyone else in the league. Good to see Marzhew get a try because he was shot for confidence out there. We're going to miss Dom...

Latest posts