What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Dolphins @ Optus Stadium, Burswood / Whadjuk

Who will win? Round 23: Dolphins v Newcastle

• Dolphins 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dolphins 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knight Tales

Bench
Playing 80 mins at hooker is a massive ask for Phoenix. I probably should have put it in context but I just want him to succeed. And Alex 28. I was harsh in my previous response in the other thread. You raised valid points and my pride took over. So apologies. Your faith in O’Brien is commendable. It is paying dividends.

Alex28

Coach
Playing 80 mins at hooker is a massive ask for Phoenix. I probably should have put it in context but I just want him to succeed. And Alex 28. I was harsh in my previous response in the other thread. You raised valid points and my pride took over. So apologies. Your faith in O’Brien is commendable. It is paying dividends.
There is nothing more I want than for Phoenix to be a great career-long Knight. Having him at 14 next year and further developing is going to be great for him and us. He’s not there yet, however he’s certainly heading the right way.

Nuke

Staff member
That win's for @Nuke 's old man

Hope you enjoyed the game mate
We did. Dad's happy. I nearly shed a tear at fulltime.
My nephew got one of Marzhew's boots too, so we're all stoked right now.

My voice is shot, & now I'm coming down sitting here watching Sharks run over the top of Souths. Great atmosphere here though.

Thanks @Frederick and everyone for your support and well-wishes today. Means a lot.

Up the Knights! 5 in a row!

Old dog

Bench
Wasn’t a great game, we were beaten in a way by an astute coach tactic but won by being the better side.
Marzhew was the player we got because that is how he can be, hope he gets back to his recent form, don’t drop him he has earned another go on past performances.
We didn’t dominate the middle like I thought we would and therefor didn’t win it out wide.
We also won because our senior players did very well, Frizell, Gagai, Hastings and Ponga held it together, the sin bin period cost us badly but fortunately not the game, is Fitz likely to miss a week or two?

How good have the 2 vets Frizz & Gagai been?

Absolutely brilliant from both this year
Friz has. Let's not pretend that Gagai hasn't had a few absolute clangers though, especially defensively. He's been awesome of late but much like Marzhew, he has that all-time shocker in him and that scares me. Hope his current form continues.

Wasn’t a great game, we were beaten in a way by an astute coach tactic but won by being the better side.
Marzhew was the player we got because that is how he can be, hope he gets back to his recent form, don’t drop him he has earned another go on past performances.
We didn’t dominate the middle like I thought we would and therefor didn’t win it out wide.
We also won because our senior players did very well, Frizell, Gagai, Hastings and Ponga held it together, the sin bin period cost us badly but fortunately not the game, is Fitz likely to miss a week or two?
The positive is that Marzhews deficiencies can be fixed with good coaching. A challenge for AOB that I hope he's up to.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
That was sloppy but a win is a win. It was nice to finally win a game on a goal kick after losing a few.

I hope AOB treats this one like a loss. I.e. we’ll bank the 2 points but flog them at training and work on some of the basics that let us down today.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
TBF to Marzhew he's been really good all year and has been pretty safe without a lot of errors. Guys have off days sometimes and that was what it was for him yesterday, and he still scored a crucial try which would hopefully give him some confidence. Overall he has hopefully built up enough positive evidence this year that he can be a consistently good first grader and will work hard on fixing those errors at training this week rather than dropping his bundle.

aqua_duck

Coach
To be fair to Marzhew there’s a reason we were able to get him in a swap for a nsw cup level journeyman dummy half, he does have defensive deficiencies. That aside I think most people would agree the best winger in the game is Brian To’o, Marzhew is right there with him in metres per game and tries and we’ll ahead in tackle breaks, and line breaks so I think it’s fair to say he’s outperformed most people’s expectations.

Knight Tales

Bench
Does AOB need to give Greg a week in NSW Cup to think about it? I have fears about a win over Dogs giving him a false sense of security that things are right again. And a week later we face a very desperate Bunnies side who can score points in a tsunami regardless of how well they are actually playing. Campbell Graham may cut loose.

Does AOB need to give Greg a week in NSW Cup to think about it? I have fears about a win over Dogs giving him a false sense of security that things are right again. And a week later we face a very desperate Bunnies side who can score points in a tsunami regardless of how well they are actually playing. Campbell Graham may cut loose.
Doubt he can, sounds like we're going to be missing a few already in Bradman, Fitz and J Saf

Woody90

Juniors

No. He’s been so good for us for the majority of his games and has done the forwards job for them most weeks. He more than anyone well and truely deserves the benefit of the doubt after a poor game. If yesterdays performance becomes a regular thing definitely needs some time in NSW cup but we shouldn’t be crushing his confidence after one bad game (he was pretty good for the back end of the game too).

Jono078

Referee
To be fair to Marzhew there’s a reason we were able to get him in a swap for a nsw cup level journeyman dummy half, he does have defensive deficiencies. That aside I think most people would agree the best winger in the game is Brian To’o, Marzhew is right there with him in metres per game and tries and we’ll ahead in tackle breaks, and line breaks so I think it’s fair to say he’s outperformed most people’s expectations.
I seem to remember me being the only one that was super excited by the trade and we’ve gotten exactly what I expected. I also think his defensive deficiencies have been overstated.

He’s not perfect but he’s provided us plenty and contributed his fair share and more to any win we’ve had this year.

Frederick

Staff member
Lol no. Most of the damage was done when fitzy was off the field and the whole defensive line seemed to struggle to adjust

Zoidberg

First Grade
Lol no. Most of the damage was done when fitzy was off the field and the whole defensive line seemed to struggle to adjust
I don’t think it was the defence that was the issue, just a few dropped balls and attempted catches on kicks.
No need to drop him. Just get him to work on it during the week.