What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Canterbury @ Moreton Daily Stadium

Who will win? Round 25: Wests Tigers v Canterbury

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 25
Wests Tigers v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Moreton Daily Stadium, Redcliffe (TICKETS)
Sunday 5 September 2021

NRL kickoff 4:05pm

WESTSTIGERS-2021.png

1. Moses Mbye 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Tommy Talau 4. Michael Chee-Kam 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Jock Madden 7. Luke Brooks 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Thomas Mikaele 11. Shawn Blore 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Alex Twal
Interchange: 14. Joe Ofahengaue 15. Jake Simpkin 16. Tom Amone 17. Kelma Tuilagi 18. James Roberts 19. Reece Hoffman 20. Zac Cini 21. Tukimihia Simpkins

CANTERBURY-2021.png

1. Nick Meaney 2. Corey Allan 3. Will Hopoate 4. Aaron Schoupp 5. Jayden Okunbor 6. Brandon Wakeham 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Ava Seumanufagai 9. Sione Katoa 10. Jack Hetherington 11. Corey Waddell 12. Joe Stimson 13. Josh Jackson
Interchange: 14. Bailey Biondi-Odo 15. Ofahiki Ogden 16. Chris Patolo 17. Jackson Topine 19. Falakiko Manu 20. Dylan Napa 21. Jake Averillo 22. Watson Heleta

BvW7aru.png

Referees: Chris Sutton
Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Kasey Badger
Video Referees: Chris Butler​

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
We need to win and Drag's and Warriors to lose and we come 11th, same as last year?

Some of the games where we didn't compete have cost us dearly, haven't they?

Tiger05

First Grade
The team announced is as expected. I hope they put in like last week and win by 50. We'll probably lose by 2 or something like that.

Pezz70

Juniors
We played really well last game. Should be favorites for this one. So on seasons form we will have a really lackluster performance and lose this one.
Seriously, we played shite, Penrith made 17 errors and still smashed us. Glad the season is ending. Won’t be watching Sunday, rather sit in my back shed and pull my teeth out with a pair of multi grips. It would be less painful than watching this team get caned by the bulldogs.

Kilkenny

Coach
You guys need to finish with a win. I know it probably doesn’t mean than much in the scheme of things but it is rather important. There were positive signs in your game against us and you have to build on that. I’ve said it before you guys aren’t going to a force again until you embrace your junior base. Recruitment is just not happening for you guys and until you develop your pathways in the Campbelltown and Camden junior districts nothing is going to change. Southern Highlands as well. The whole trying to bring in the likes of TPJ and others is just not happening. Five year plan, get your centre of excellence up and running, build from within and with better outcomes maybe comes better recruitment. I’m not trying to tell you how to suck eggs it is just the way it us. Short term pain but long term gain. It really is the only way forward.

WA Tiger

Bench
I can see us in the game until Brooks and Madden throw a stupid pass coz da pwesha was just too much … taking all the pressure of the dogs and then play ok the rest of the game but lose …

stryker

First Grade
You guys need to finish with a win. I know it probably doesn’t mean than much in the scheme of things but it is rather important. There were positive signs in your game against us and you have to build on that. I’ve said it before you guys aren’t going to a force again until you embrace your junior base. Recruitment is just not happening for you guys and until you develop your pathways in the Campbelltown and Camden junior districts nothing is going to change. Southern Highlands as well. The whole trying to bring in the likes of TPJ and others is just not happening. Five year plan, get your centre of excellence up and running, build from within and with better outcomes maybe comes better recruitment. I’m not trying to tell you how to suck eggs it is just the way it us. Short term pain but long term gain. It really is the only way forward.
It is the only way forward as the club has lurched from one disaster to the other for a decade now, playing some god aweful football along the way. This has scared good players away and emboldened those at the end of their careers to demand huge overs for their services.
We‘ve put ourselves in this position and have to be smarter with recruitment as we still require on field leaders/mentors to aid the young blokes.

simmo1

First Grade
Not sure anything can be gained from this game. Win and finish 11th and paper over the cracks of a disastrous season (IMO probably our most disappointing ever), or lose to one of the worst teams of the modern era.

I suppose Madden having a blinder would be about the only positive to be gained. Then just hope he can replicate against decent opposition.

WA Tiger

Bench
I see it as an insult to hope we win this game to make us feel better… If the writing on the wall isn’t clear enough now then a loss may may be better than spec savers.. Someone said, Mario I think, that Lee didn’t support Madge over the last week with his review woffle …He Didnt shortly after he joined us and we started to fall off a cliff iether…It was the same talk oh the poor supporters we need to take a good hard look at where we are going…Yea yea…A loss imo can only help for the sake of change ..but I really don’t think winning is a real priority as long as the cash is coming in as well as the big names that are coming arrive with a lot of fanfare and they “focus on the juniors”
I’d be surprised if they turf Madge with their ridiculous logic about changing the coach and how history will repeat and how it would look. I mean shit the Eels coach had at worst a wobble and the exit door for him creaked open…
“Frozen in the headlights,afraid to make a move” comes to mind..
Perhaps the spoon is what’s needed?

Last edited:

JB04

Juniors
Mbye out with Cini to fullbakc, looking forward to seeing how he goes
Mbye bye. Hope Cini goes well.

Is it just me or has Tommy Talau actually been looking decent lately? Him and Nof seem to be forming a good combo, amazing what happens when you aren't swapped between left and right centre, wing and bench.

Das Hassler

Bench

Is it just me or has Tommy Talau actually been looking decent lately? Him and Nof seem to be forming a good combo, amazing what happens when you aren't swapped between left and right centre, wing and bench.

Yeah i'd agree....they're certainly showing some real improvement in defence...some real unWTlike commitment at long last

Vic Mackey

Referee

I think he’s been better , however the things he’s doing well aren’t really what a centre does. He has been great bringing the ball out of our own end, however he doesn’t beat his man one on one and doesn’t set his winger up, in fact he has blown multiple tries by not being able to do simple draw and pass in 2 on 1 situations

I still believe his best position is second row or more ideally lock.

Tigerm

First Grade
Not that it really matters too much?

But we need the Titans to beat the Warriors and us to beat the Dogs and we jump 2 places to 11th?

Trouble is, we don't do these sorts of games well.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think he’s been better , however the things he’s doing well aren’t really what a centre does. He has been great bringing the ball out of our own end, however he doesn’t beat his man one on one and doesn’t set his winger up, in fact he has blown multiple tries by not being able to do simple draw and pass in 2 on 1 situations

I still believe his best position is second row or more ideally lock.

I'd play him at centre. I don't think he is big enough to be a regular backrower. I think he is developing into a first grade player but he still needs a lot of work. The first thing he has to get out of his game is the regular mistakes. He has been making a lot less mistakes and I think that is why he is looking better.

Latest posts