What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Panthers @ Panthers Stadium

Who will win? Round 25: Panthers v Knights

• Penrith Panthers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knight Vision

First Grade
this team seriously lacks pride in themselves and the jersey.

No mongrel
No heart
No effort

Shame Shame Shame

Let us hope the new coach hangs a few of these guys ....regardless of reputation or pay grade

Loose Cannon

Bench
Is Ponga going to play rep footy for Australia? Maybe at the 9's?

Hope not, dude needs time off to think about his game
He doesn’t deserve to play for Australia, on recent performance.

Barely deserves first grade based on effort. Guy needs a serious attitude overhaul.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Ponga has missed two crucial 1:1 tackles on Cleary, not that Cleary should have gone through the hole in the first place but Ponga just didn’t hit and stick at all in either of those attempts. Pretty poor really.

Knight Vision

First Grade
He doesn’t deserve to play for Australia, on recent performance.

Barely deserves first grade based on effort. Guy needs a serious attitude overhaul.
the very definition of a confidence player. Team on the back foot and Ponga folds.

Ponga has been targeted and niggled by Tamau this game and its paid dividends.

The team has let Panthers bully and niggle them in every tackle so far. No fight in these dogs whatsoever.

perverse

Referee
Well, for some reason I had it in my head that it was a 5pm kickoff. I think I'm glad I missed the first half.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Well, for some reason I had it in my head that it was a 5pm kickoff. I think I'm glad I missed the first half.

TBF we were in the arm wrestle for the first 20 mins and then after we scored off an intercept we basically haven’t held onto the ball since then and the Panthers have made it count on the scoreboard. Our defence has been pretty bad during that time frame too.

perverse

Referee
TBF we were in the arm wrestle for the first 20 mins and then after we scored off an intercept we basically haven’t held onto the ball since then and the Panthers have made it count on the scoreboard. Our defence has been pretty bad during that time frame too.
Ah yes, business as usual then.

aqua_duck

Coach
Not exactly sure why we decided to revert back to Best on the wing and Hunt to centre when we tore Titans apart with Best in the centres and Hunt on the wing

Zoidberg

First Grade
I know there’s no top 8 to play for but the effort is pretty bad. Ponga is doing nothing, hardly involved in attack.
I really hope it’s an attitude thing with this team (that can be fixed somehow) or we will be in for another few years of this crap.

Burns

First Grade
I mentioned Ponga for the 9's World Cup as he has been featured in the marketing etc. It might do his confidence good?

Loose Cannon

Bench
Not exactly sure why we decided to revert back to Best on the wing and Hunt to centre when we tore Titans apart with Best in the centres and Hunt on the wing
It’s a Knights thing.

Make changes that aren’t required, and which defy logic.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I know there’s no top 8 to play for but the effort is pretty bad. Ponga is doing nothing, hardly involved in attack.
I really hope it’s an attitude thing with this team (that can be fixed somehow) or we will be in for another few years of this crap.

Pretty much seems to be the attitude of the club for the last decade. We rebuild and rebuild and players come and go but the fundamental issues with our attitude remain. I have no idea how we fix that problem as it almost seems to have become part of the fabric of the club now. I can only hope that O’Brien brings some of the Bellamy/Robinson magic touch with him and manages to get these guys putting in a consistent effort for 80 mins every week.

perverse

Referee
Pretty much seems to be the attitude of the club for the last decade. We rebuild and rebuild and players come and go but the fundamental issues with our attitude remain. I have no idea how we fix that problem as it almost seems to have become part of the fabric of the club now. I can only hope that O’Brien brings some of the Bellamy/Robinson magic touch with him and manages to get these guys putting in a consistent effort for 80 mins every week.
I've been thinking about this a bit in the wake of the Jacob Saifiti "night out" footage. I often wonder if not being in the Sydney fishbowl and being a bit "protected" around town does more harm than good to the attitude of these blokes. In Sydney and Melbourne at least, NRL players are just another dude. In Newcastle (and possibly Brisbane) - these guys are practically worshiped and adored by the local media and many fans, too - and they can get away with a lot more as a result.

I do wonder if that doesn't go to their heads over time. As you say, we've recycled everyone and everything at the club over the past decade multiple times only to find the same issues time and time again. Does the town and it's attitude towards the players play a part?

Loose Cannon

Bench
Geez, live looked like the worst double movement ever.

Definitely was contacted when arm hit the ground, then slipped off.

Great effort either way from Herman.