What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Melbourne @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 3: Newcastle v Melbourne

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melbourne Storm 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melbourne Storm 13+

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
*watches Dom Young*
Andy Samberg GIF

Knight Tales

Juniors
He has been caught out badly by Walker three times. Now. Had it not been Souths being way off the pace he would have let three tries in. His defence and reads is terrible.

Last edited:

Old dog

Juniors
He has been caught out badly by Walker three times. Now. Had it not been Souths being way off the pace he would have let three tires in. His defence and reads is terrible.i
big win but are we justifying him leaving, he played strong, scored and assisted well, sure Rabbits were ordinary, wingers often caught out because of failure of inside men.
Roosters across the park were too strong as was the right winger, was nice to see Watson playing and scoring

He has been caught out badly by Walker three times. Now. Had it not been Souths being way off the pace he would have let three tires in. His defence and reads is terrible.
Still infinitely more talented than any other winger at our club and probably most clubs. Raw physical attributes alone are freakish and imposing. Dude can run, pass, kick, jump, fend, set up his inside man, smash through the ruck and more. One of the worst losses the club has endured imo.

Woody90

Juniors
It hurts. The commentary on him has gone up a notch now he's a Rorter. Can't wait to hear Ennis declare him an immortal in waiting as he prepares to give him a half time blowie.
I noticed this. He’s not suddenly fallen out of the sky. Just suddenly getting attention now he’s signed for one of the bigger Sydney clubs. In that regard definitely understand him leaving, especially with all the TPAs. Dom will probably be able to get a lot more sponsorship opportunities in Sydney.

Saying that though losing a winger is really the least of our worries at the moment. Our centres haven’t even been getting ball due to the slowness of the halves. Dom wouldn’t have made a difference our last 2 games.

Still infinitely more talented than any other winger at our club and probably most clubs. Raw physical attributes alone are freakish and imposing. Dude can run, pass, kick, jump, fend, set up his inside man, smash through the ruck and more. One of the worst losses the club has endured imo.
and he's only 21? If he continues the trajectory with his natural gifts, he could finish an all time great of the game, it would not surprise at all.

Woody90

Juniors
What’s everyone’s thoughts on this game?

I know we’re weirdly favourites but even with Storms outs I just can’t see a win here. I said before but it’s reminding me of the game against Penrith last year where even though we’re expected to win we won’t be able to find the points. Can’t see form suddenly appearing overnight and Storm will be really keen to prove they can still win regardless of their side.

Forms more important than ins and outs IMO and Storm have a lot and we have zero currently.

Apey

Staff member
Could win if we pull our finger out at home but Storm are good team and will probably still win missing their starting halves.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I feel like the previous 2 games this will be about whether we lose the game rather than the opposition winning it. We have the strike power to score enough points to win. It’s a big “if” we play to our potential, because we know the Storm players will play to theirs.

Knight Tales

Juniors
As much as the loss last week sucked, the physical toll of that game cannot be understated. When I read Friz lost 5 kgs then it becomes more understandable. O’Brien has a strong point regarding a loss like that kick starting our run..

We played them at the peak heat of the year up there. The real concern now becomes will we lose cos of that physical toll tonight. Against a side which works you over relentlessly. If we win this and after a close loss in the toughest road trip in the game, then I think we are going to be ok. It has been a very tough draw to start the year.

Last edited: