What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Canterbury @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 13: Newcastle v Canterbury

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burwood

Bench
You almost need Brailey or Crossland to pick up an injury or suspension so we can throw Pryce on the bench for a couple of games.

Apey

Staff member
Meh AOBs comments on Pryce were more generous than anything we have said on here. I think he was a bit spurned by the way the question was phrased, though: "Joey reckons...", I think he was diplomatically saying who the f**k cares what Joey thinks in this context?

Nuke

Staff member
Meh AOBs comments on Pryce were more generous than anything we have said on here. I think he was a bit spurned by the way the question was phrased, though: "Joey reckons...", I think he was diplomatically saying who the f**k cares what Joey thinks in this context?
I haven't seen the presser, nor have I read the comments made, but from things I have read over the last few years, I think you've hit the nail on the head. AOB, again, from what I've heard, doesn't like to hear the opinions, ideas, or suggestions from other people. Whether those ideas come from the media or an immortal of our game, it doesn't matter to him. "I'm the head coach. They're not." That kinda thing.

I can understand his stance, sure, however he's not an elite coach with lots of success under his belt. He kinda needs a lot more support and guidance than he wants.

I thought his comments about Pryce were completely unnecessary btw - he makes such an effort to defend the players constantly in the media but then comments on Pryce negatively like that? Not a good look).
may very well be the same reason a senior member of the team had a run in with the young bloke at training?

Coaches are usually on the money when using a carrot or a stick to get the most out of players.

Pryce might just be in need of a kick in the ass to get going? Much of defense is attitude.

Apey

Staff member
I haven't seen the presser, nor have I read the comments made, but from things I have read over the last few years, I think you've hit the nail on the head. AOB, again, from what I've heard, doesn't like to hear the opinions, ideas, or suggestions from other people. Whether those ideas come from the media or an immortal of our game, it doesn't matter to him. "I'm the head coach. They're not." That kinda thing.

I can understand his stance, sure, however he's not an elite coach with lots of success under his belt. He kinda needs a lot more support and guidance than he wants.
I have no doubt AOB does it to a fault sometimes but he is well within his rights to take that approach when a reporter chimes in with what Joeys opinion is.

Who cares what Joey thinks here? He's not a coach, in fact the general consensus is he's a bad one when he is, and he's no longer employed by the club.

The questions purpose was to throw a bit of shade at the coach, really. And he was probably caught a bit off-guard so he was a bit more blunt about Pryce than he'd normally be.

Imagine questioning Benji in a press conference what Benny Elias's latest thoughts on what the team should be, lol.

perverse

Referee
Feral ass, sore winner in bred panthers fans. Swear at the home side, then get all offended when people swear back at the 450kg bush pig. Then her mother slaps people in the face and runs when the police are called. Classy!
little-girl-meme.gif

Latest posts