What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Panthers @ Campbelltown

Who will win? Round 3: Panthers v Knights

• Penrith Panthers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frederick

Staff member
DSaf ran for 229 with 74 post contact mtrs......1 of his best games....herculean effort. I think the only time he's ran more than the Klemmernator
Both twins have gone from 1st gear last year under Brown to 6th under O'Brien

Dunno what he's done with them, but they're both playing out of their skin

slotmachine

First Grade
O’Brien is pretty restrained in his presser but he said that he wanted Tex to get more ball than he did and that he was the one he thought was seeing the game best at the end and may have pulled it out of the bag.

Interesting he says that about the debutant and not the 100 game 5/8th

Knight Vision

First Grade

both are look much fitter and mobile I reckon and they both seem to have been on a diet of angry pills which is great to see.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Gee a lot of people in here are unfair on Edrick. Think he has done plenty of clutch things for us.
I dont think he had a bad game at all.....but boy oh boy that Bradman Best looks special and Hoy had a cracker for a debut.

Randell most tackles in a debut in NRL history also.....even young Jones did himself proud.

Knight Vision

First Grade
They've finally worked out how to use their big frames. Both constantly breaking contact in tackles and finding their fronts
I think they might have trimmed a few kilo off their frame?

Couple of times there I mistook JSaf for Herman, he just looked faster off the mark same as DSaf, not taking anywhere near as much time to pick up some speed going into the line and their legs are pumped higher going through the line.

Knight Vision

First Grade
It'll probably get lost in all the plaudits for Randell, but Jones made 51 tackles too
yeh none of the debutants looked out of place which is want we want in the squad. They'll be hungry for more.

Jeez I cant wait to see Frizell in the pack ....they'll be a handful for any opposition.

Frederick

Staff member
A lot of the fundamental aspects of that performance need to become benchmark minimum standards from now on.

We'd have been thrashed by 50+ under those circumstances last season. O'Brien has changed something in a huge way.
He's brought the culture that's made Melbourne and Sydney so successful for so long with him.

I loved his mantra for the pre-season:
"Be comfortable with the uncomfortable"

We all know that the knights of old would have hung their heads at 14-0 and that would've been all over, Red Rover. But that team today grew in stature as the game went on. Even if we lost I would've been immensely proud of them

Nathan did a good job of cleaning up the mess that Wayne left us in, but he wasn't the man to take us any further. He didn't exactly ooze confidence, and the squad clearly didn't respect him. You can see they respect AoB and are responding to the way hes challenging them. He's come in with a clear view of where he wants to take the club, and with more performances like today, we sure as shit won't be missing the finals this year

Spot On

Coach

Put simply, they are fitter than they have ever been.

So are most of the squad.

aqua_duck

Coach
Said this after the tigers game but honestly when J Saf is on the field he can't even notice when D Saf has come off.

Seage

Juniors
Tim Glasby was awarded the 3 Dally M points! Is that a wind up? Genuinely thought he was our least effective forward.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Tim Glasby was awarded the 3 Dally M points! Is that a wind up? Genuinely thought he was our least effective forward.
Set up the second try, made numerous off loads, around 100m, and almost 60 tackles, off the bench and with a HIA in there for 20 mins.

Latest posts