What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Raiders @ GIO Stadium Canberra

Who will win? Round 3: Raiders v Knights

• Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
So it sounds like Ponga is back at FB and Mann is at 5/8 now? Maybe the only positive that comes from this game is that Brown has decided to put Ponga back at FB.

PhilGould

Bench
Watson should be back next week and I imagine Brown would pick Lino over Mann as a half if he is switching Ponga back.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Terrible performance. Every player needs to take a good look at themselves.
Ponga needs to go back to fullback.
Don’t know how we stayed so close in the game but we in no way deserved to end up only 7 behind.

Haffa

We need a number 9 who can create and play minimum 70 minutes. Levi isn’t bad but he’s a class below what we need.

Spot On

Coach
Terrible performance. Every player needs to take a good look at themselves.
Ponga needs to go back to fullback.
Don’t know how we stayed so close in the game but we in no way deserved to end up only 7 behind.

That's because we were watching two bottom 8 teams battle it out.

They look clueless in so many aspects of thr game. Our defensive technique is still f**king horrible a lot of the time. Structures may be a little bit better but it is still no where near good enough.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I expect to be booted from the page after saying this, but I didn’t think King looked that bad in his limited minutes? 36m from 3 runs in 20min, close to a record for him? Lol
Thought he was good in defence as well. Without knowing the exact stats I think he made around 8 tackles

Bartwah

Juniors
Team changes for next week? Send me your thoughts.
1) Ponga
6) Lino
7) Pearce
11) Fitz
12) Guerra
Bench:
Mann
Ese Ese
Barny
?

Spot On

Coach
Not going to matter a f**k unless there is a massive change in attitude, defensive technique and general footballing smarts.

We are devoid of all that too often.

Pearce was channelling his inner Mullo with a couple of his kicks tonight. Absolute tripe.

Anyway, we wont have enough players to fill the 17 if Brown applies the 'Herman' test to the squad. And if he doesn't, I can't see how some of them would want to play for him. Can't have a rule for one bloke but not apply it to others.

K-Man

Bench
The biggest concern for me is the pedestrian attack. It's slow and overly structured, and we have rarely earned the right to shift the ball wide by building any momentum on previous tackles. Good defences are gobbling it up.

Unfortunately, I feel that this reflects rather poorly on Brown's coaching. He's finally got the squad he needed and a forward pack that won't be bullied, but now we appear bereft of ideas in attack. Those consecutive sets on their line with 10 minutes to go, down by 6, should have been edge of the seat stuff. But we did nothing. A couple of soft runs, an obvious set play here and there, it was incredibly obvious we weren't going to go either through them or around them. That's a real worry.

Latest posts