What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Raiders @ GIO Stadium Canberra

Who will win? Round 3: Raiders v Knights

• Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silent Knight

First Grade
Would the soft runs suggest a lack of motivation amongst the playing group? There doesn’t seem to be any sense of intensity in our attack. No decoy runners, no bodies in motion, just one-out runs and going sideways. We need these blokes to fire up!

Swarzey

Bench
Outplayed by a Sam Williams and Jack Wighton pairing. f**king kill me. If Ponga isn't back at fullback next week I'll be filthy. For 15 minutes, our attack looked incredibly more fluid and potent than it has until that point; not just Ponga, but Pearce was able to play wider, we seemed to be putting more pressure on. No more square pegs trying to be jammed into circle holes; play players in their natural positions instead of what we've got now.

With this side, to get this kind of performance again, it comes down to the coach. Absolute all respect and admiration to Browny for building this side but I'm becoming more and more convinced that this is as far as he can take us. Ponga might want to play 6, but Brown needs to put his foot down on this shit and put him back at fullback. It's whats best for the team.

Awful night, awful effort. Had a feeling this had the makings of an uninspired, lackluster and pathetic performance and welp, it was.

Spot On

Coach
Silent Knight

Don't know but the fluffy talk, reports and articles about the pre season have quickly been forgotten and it's Ground Hog Day already.

This is just all too familiar.

How many more first graders do we need?? Or is it the coaching?? Or is it both??

This can't happen every year ... surely.

Spot On

Coach
Outplayed by a Sam Williams and Jack Wighton pairing. f**king kill me. If Ponga isn't back at fullback next week I'll be filthy. For 15 minutes, our attack looked incredibly more fluid and potent than it has until that point; not just Ponga, but Pearce was able to play wider, we seemed to be putting more pressure on. No more square pegs trying to be jammed into circle holes; play players in their natural positions instead of what we've got now.

With this side, to get this kind of performance again, it comes down to the coach. Absolute all respect and admiration to Browny for building this side but I'm becoming more and more convinced that this is as far as he can take us. Ponga might want to play 6, but Brown needs to put his foot down on this shit and put him back at fullback. It's whats best for the team.

Awful night, awful effort. Had a feeling this had the makings of an uninspired, lackluster and pathetic performance and welp, it was.

Don't forget James f**king Maloney bashed us up last week. Maloney FFS.

Now, if that wasn't a massive f**king red flag for what was coming this week......

Absolutely embarrassing.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Silent Knight

Don't know but the fluffy talk, reports and articles about the pre season have quickly been forgotten and it's Ground Hog Day already.

This is just all too familiar.

How many more first graders do we need?? Or is it the coaching?? Or is it both??

This can't happen every year ... surely.

We have a first grade team now that on paper should make the top 8. There is no more leeway for Brown now, it is crunch time. No top 8 this year, no more Nathan Brown. Wests won’t cop it.

If we are looking at the coach I regret that Michael Maguire is locked up by the Tigers now, look at them and they have an ageing Benji and Robbie in the spine. Who is the best unsigned coach available. Griffin? Would Woolf do any better than Brown?

Anyway maybe I’m getting in too early. It’s the third round, maybe Ponga will go back to fullback and this early season form will just be a brief aberration and we’ll have a successful season.

Lynoman

Bench
Ponga has to play 1, the best we looked was when he moved and by that time it was too late. I'm happy for Conner to slot into 6 or Lino, it means there isn't the constant presure on Levi to have to choose who to pass to, give it to Mitchell and let the team run off him. It's what we paid top dollar for. Let the guys play their natural games ffs.

Haffa

We have a first grade team now that on paper should make the top 8. There is no more leeway for Brown now, it is crunch time. No top 8 this year, no more Nathan Brown. Wests won’t cop it.

If we are looking at the coach I regret that Michael Maguire is locked up by the Tigers now, look at them and they have an ageing Benji and Robbie in the spine. Who is the best unsigned coach available. Griffin? Would Woolf do any better than Brown?

Anyway maybe I’m getting in too early. It’s the third round, maybe Ponga will go back to fullback and this early season form will just be a brief aberration and we’ll have a successful season.
Jason Ryles

Alex28

Coach
There is a lot of “shift Ponga” talk here, but no one is really talking about how much of a spud Pearce is playing like while Connor and Kalyn are working out new positions on the go.

He needs to stand up, take control and direct the team - Kalyn included. If Kalyn is getting in the road - f**king tell him and direct him where to go.

Does he need to get back on the drink?

Spot On

Coach
There is a lot of “shift Ponga” talk here, but no one is really talking about how much of a spud Pearce is playing like while Connor and Kalyn are working out new positions on the go.

He needs to stand up, take control and direct the team - Kalyn included. If Kalyn is getting in the road - f**king tell him and direct him where to go.

Does anyone truly believe he is off the drink?

I certainly dont blame our poor attacking structures on Ponga playing at 6. Sure, it is some part of that issue.

I still see a lot of other issues. Tonight Canberra made 54 tackle busts to our 23 and we missed 54 f**king tackles to their 24.

That's a huge issue.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Does anyone truly believe he is off the drink?

I certainly dont blame our poor attacking structures on Ponga playing at 6. Sure, it is some part of that issue.

I still see a lot of other issues. Tonight Canberra made 54 tackle busts to our 23 and we missed 54 f**king tackles to their 24.

That's a huge issue.
Those numbers make sense. Missed tackle is a tackle bust.

Agree with the sentiment, though.

Burns

First Grade
We are a poorly coached teamed that can attack alright when we feel like it; but can’t defend. Has been that way for yeeeears.

Lynoman

Bench

See this is where I thing it comes down to coaching. Pearce playing to the game plan?

Latest posts