What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Canberra @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 4: Newcastle v Canberra

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 1-12

• Canberra Raiders 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alex28

Coach
There was two players in that tackle for long enough to have called the tackle. Doesn’t excuse the poor defence to let Young score, but the strip could have easily have been a penalty.

perverse

Referee
We're definitely showing a lot more shape in attack this year. Much more organised in that regard. We just suck at passing the football most of the time.

Alex28

Coach
Good play. Everyone looks up for it. Bradman seems to have taken note that if Dom can be dropped, so can he…

perverse

Referee
Loving see them throw the ball around a bit and try some different kicks

I don’t care if some of them don’t work, at least they are trying something
They're throwing it around more because they're actually set to do so. We're slipping into shape a lot more frequently, and it's giving the ballplayers some options.

Jono078

Referee
Gee whiz they've come out with some attitude today.. It's very un-Knights like. But it's a joy - so far!

perverse

Referee
Mann needs to be in the 14 when Ponga is back, or left-right-out. Gamble, despite being super limited as a half, would do a much better job than Mann in the 13.

I'm liking everything else I'm seeing though. They're going good.