What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Cronulla @ PointsBet Stadium

Who will win? Round 4: Cronulla v Newcastle

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 13+

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You were the better team tonight but to sit here and say that you think we played anything close to the style we did in the first 3 weeks is absolute horseshit
And i Never said that you played the same style that you have been playing. Please find, and quote me, where I did.

Yosh

Coach
The coaching staff need to study how the Sharks used Kalakai tonight and use that as the blueprint of how to use Best. We are wasting Best. He gets no early ball and only takes hit ups. Put Best in Kalakai's position and he would have done just as well.

Willie Ray

Bench
Fitzgibbon, Finucane and Hynes are your reasons why.

Last year you had the nucleus of a strong attacking team but lacked that 2016 defensive steel and grit. Fitzgibbon brought that steel and grit, but at the same time trusted his players to play what was in front of them, to trust their instincts.

You did away with show ponies like Johnson, Dugan and Townsend and brought in born winners like Hynes and Finucane.

Your young blokes are a year older and know what it takes to be NRL footballers now.

That’s why you’re no longer mentally weak.
I thought their forwards dominated the middle with and without the ball,
gave their halves a great platform to play off,
got a good forward leader in Finucane and the back three are great.
and the coach..... made some great recruitment decisions in his first year.
I'm a little envious.

You said teams had figured us out . Meaning we played the same style it just didn’t work ??? Or were you implying something else ?
Ohmy.
Of course we had figured you out,
thats why we played like the way we played, and in turn made you play the way you played.

Are you new to this game?
Serious question.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I thought their forwards dominated the middle with and without the ball,
gave their halves a great platform to play off,
got a good forward leader in Finucane and the back three are great.
and the coach..... made some great recruitment decisions in his first year.
I'm a little envious.

Hynes didn’t even have to put in a “superstar” performance to win that game. I didn’t see any “wow” moments from him. He just directed the team around and made sure Talakai and Ramien got good early ball and they did the rest. Hell Blayke Brailey did more damage with his dummy half runs around the ruck. It was more of a team performance where everyone did their part.

perverse

Referee
You seem to think it was some genius coaching masterstroke that won you the match - rather than the reality that your team wanted to win about 500% more than ours did. We were beaten by the better team - for sure - but your most important advantage was your enthusiasm (particularly in the middle of the park), not some 5 dimensional gameplan.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Hynes didn’t even have to put in a “superstar” performance to win that game. I didn’t see any “wow” moments from him. He just directed the team around and made sure Talakai and Ramien got good early ball and they did the rest. Hell Blayke Brailey did more damage with his dummy half runs around the ruck. It was more of a team performance where everyone did their part.

When Cameron McInnes is carving up every run you know you’re in for a long night.

You seem to think it was some genius coaching masterstroke that won you the match - rather than the reality that your team wanted to win about 500% more than ours did. We were beaten by the better team - for sure - but your most important advantage was your enthusiasm (particularly in the middle of the park), not some 5 dimensional gameplan.
Do not assume what I am thinking.
there was no 5 dimensional game plan, it was the Knights, that’s a 3 dimensional at best, and more likely 2.
not that hard to figure out.

TooheysNew

Coach
Ohmy.
thats why we played like the way we played, and in turn made you play the way you played.

Are you new to this game?
Serious question.
Or, we played the way we played, which allowed you to play the way you did...

perverse

Referee
Do not assume what I am thinking.
there was no 5 dimensional game plan, it was the Knights, that’s a 3 dimensional at best, and more likely 2.
not that hard to figure out.
I um... wasn't talking about our game plan, I was talking about yours. You might have numbers below 6 mastered, but reading comprehension is clearly not your strong suit huh? Poor thing.

I um... wasn't talking about our game plan, I was talking about yours. You might have numbers below 6 mastered, but reading comprehension is clearly not your strong suit huh? Poor thing.
You're priceless. Maybe you should read my post better, we only needed a 2 to 3 dimensional plan against you, not a 5.
I'll give you some space as you were up late, and I assume drunk as a skunk.

Or, we played the way we played, which allowed you to play the way you did...
Watch the game again. You were smashed through the middle all night in attack and smashed in defence all night.
All your teams energy was taken away.
You did not beat yourself as was claimed, a team that beats themselves means they scored some points and were somewhat in the game.
You scored zero points against 18. That's the sign of a team who were beaten by a better team.

Frederick

Staff member
Last night showed we are still lacking mobility in the forwards. Rudolph and Hamelin-Uele destroyed us in the middle, and their mobility and footwork allowed plenty of quick PTB's for Brailey.

The Safs and Klemmer make plenty of metres, but they're slow metres and rarely get off a quick PTB. Honestly I miss the days where we had Danny Wicks and Richie Fa'aoso - two big boys with quick feet and ball playing ability

Also if Fitzgibbon had any brains he would play Talakai in the centres for the rest of the year - can guarantee Gagai won't be the only centre he outplays

Craigshark

First Grade
When Cameron McInnes is carving up every run you know you’re in for a long night.

hey, what’s your issue with McInnes? Bloke is a good player and I know who I’d choose to have in my team between him and Kurt Mann..

Woosh

Head Moderator
hey, what’s your issue with McInnes? Bloke is a good player and I know who I’d choose to have in my team between him and Kurt Mann..

Nothing wrong with McInnes, he’s a tough little competitive bugger and someone I would have in my 17 every week.
But he look like Craig Wing last night without the nice teeth and pretty smile sigh.

Knight Tales

Juniors
We play better without Ponga. It is that simple. I am not the first to bring this up in here. Had Ponga tried to play right, commit himself to getting smacked in the line, and create space for Gagai and Young we may have been able to go with the Sharks.

Latest posts