What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Dragons @ WIN Stadium

Who will win? Round 4: Dragons v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pedge1971

First Grade
I’d play Cogger over Lamb. He’s at least quick and plays more like Watson than Lamb.

I’d drop Sione and Ross too but I’m not sure we have anyone to replace them with?

Saying that though we lost that in the forwards. The backs are the easy target because they stand out more but if we’re being honest at the very least if they go, the twins, Guerra and Barnet deserve some time in reserve grade too.

We lost because we made too many dumb mistakes and found ourselves defending in our own 22m for 65% of the game.

Everytime we looked on a roll a buffoon (namely Sione, Rossy or Lamb) dropped the friggin pill.

So frustrating...

Noname36

First Grade
Our outside backs, especially Sione and SKD, seem to race up in defence ALL the time as well leaving the others exposed. Are they coached to do it or do they just think it’s a good idea? It comes off maybe 20% of the time.

aqua_duck

Coach
I feel like we’re really missing that spark off the bench that Levi could bring. In my opinion Jacob needs some time in reserve grade, start Daniel and just try to get some quantity out of him similar to last year. Anyone suggesting we sign Tolman needs to have their heads examined, we desperately need 2 impact forwards, Leeson Ah Mau is off contract and would be a very shrewd buy

macavity

Referee
Who is your alternative?

First option would be offer a van load of peptides to get Ramien early.

More likely is SKD to centre and Sio in.

Hoping the likes of Naden and Tom Hughes are ready and would offer something but I haven’t seen an ISP game so wouldn’t know.

macavity

Referee
I feel like we’re really missing that spark off the bench that Levi could bring. In my opinion Jacob needs some time in reserve grade, start Daniel and just try to get some quantity out of him similar to last year. Anyone suggesting we sign Tolman needs to have their heads examined, we desperately need 2 impact forwards, Leeson Ah Mau is off contract and would be a very shrewd buy

Shannon Boyd and Junior Paulo also off contract. Boyd very much a country boy we should already be sending him on a piggin’ trip with Billy Peden

First Grade
"If brown is legit sione lamb and Ross play nsw cup next week"

Yeah but who do i bring up? Sio maybe? Cogger and Johns are worse than Lamb and we have no centres.

Wait!!!!!! Nathan Brown (aka Pedge1971) has been amongst us all this time.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
First option would be offer a van load of peptides to get Ramien early.

More likely is SKD to centre and Sio in.

Hoping the likes of Naden and Tom Hughes are ready and would offer something but I haven’t seen an ISP game so wouldn’t know.
SKD has been one of our best players in 2018. I'd be reluctant to move him from the wing where he has been going great guns.

Swarzey

Bench
Well look at it this way, they should have put 50 on us given the way we handed them possession and rooted ourselves. The last 20 minutes in defence was impressive. Lamb and Barnett were poor but they're also players that we've all seen do tremendous things; a bad game isn't enough to send em. Poor form and injuries are complicating an already lengthy and taxing process of having players adjust to playing with Pearce, Ponga, Griffin etc.

We can't afford to replace anyone in our backs, we simply don't have the depth. At best we're moving SKD to centre and Sio comes in on the wing. I rate Hughes highly and would love to see him get a crack.

Jono078

Referee
I wouldn't be opposed to Ross to Centre and a new winger coming in. He had some really good games at that position last year. Might eliminate some of those errors and poor plays he's had so far this year.

Noname36

First Grade
Peace and Lamb just don’t work together.

The good combinations have one playmaking half a one runner, we had that with Watson.

Even though Cogger is no better than Lamb i’d play him because his style is more suited to the side than Lamb’s is.

macavity

Referee
Peace and Lamb just don’t work together.

The good combinations have one playmaking half a one runner, we had that with Watson.

Even though Cogger is no better than Lamb i’d play him because his style is more suited to the side than Lamb’s is.

Cogger is literally a midget. Gets steamrolled. And he isn’t that quick either.