What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Gold Coast @ Cbus Super Stadium

Who will win? Round 4: Gold Coast v Wests Tigers

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Gold Coast Titans 1-12

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fordy20

Juniors
You brave souls willing to subject yourself to the torture of watching our team play, I salute you.

Your courage and fortitude in the face of such abject failure and chronic ineptitude is an inspiration.

This officiating is poor as well. Tigers can't catch a break. Sickening. Madge needs to blast these refs and cop the 10k fine to wake them up. Or get Pascoe to meet with Vlandys and/or Abdo. Or get Lee to threaten to pull sponsorship from the NRL until something happens.
100%

phenisha

Juniors
as bad as we were, we haven't been getting the rub of the green recently. it is unfortunate, but we are not good enough to stay competitive when we get 50/50 calls against us. on to next weeks loss

There was in fact a very good game by 1 player in my opinion and that was Liddle. His defence was outstanding.
Good games by LL and Garner when he came on.

League WTF

Juniors
I’m not a Madge fan.

But if Madge made that decision to take the 2 then I’m 100% done with him.

Not only did we give up our chance to win the game by scoring a try, to run down the clock, earn repeat set, we also gave the Titans a breather

Worst decision.

I feel for the Wests Tigers fans after that game. Maybe this is what’s needed; a season of intolerable lows to provide the impetus to start afresh. But it is horrible for the neutral to watch so my heart goes out to all WT fans.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I was starting to feel sorry for Madge but he said how much he enjoys coaching this team and he learnt from tonight's game what a good bunch of blokes the whole team is so ALL GOOD.

All better now Alice. ta

I must have a watch. I used to get so angry when Hook and the great (in his own mind) Matty Elliott fronted pressers after a loss. I just wanted to scream and destroy things. I'm sure you guys are feeling the same. Or are you all just numb from it all.

To be honest I think Madge is probably a very good bloke, and OKish coach when he has good cattle. But he sure as heck needs a decent script writer for his pressers.

Take care everyone. Take care.

Wizardman

First Grade
Man..........Im not going to go into the game too much.....my energy is sapped. I'll say this.....I thought we were the better side tonight....Titans were absolutely atrocious. YET....we still managed to lose. But being the better side does not mean we were good.....we were very crap ourselves.

The 2 point penalty kick near the end of the game was the right call. The feel of that game was that the Titans attack was terrible and our defence should have been enough to hold them up when ahead by four. If we went for the try and f**ked up, you could bet your ass the ref would have piggy backed the titans to the other end to give them a penalty kick chance of levelling up the scores.
At four in front and considering the state of that game, we should have held them being 4 in front knowing that they had to score a try to win. Madden grounds that, we win the game.

WA Tiger

Bench
Another try that was disallowed and not checked at the start of the game..and another case of Brooks not doing his job with the challenge…He prob needed to warm up a bit and get into the game first..instead of once again just asking… Maumalo?

Last edited:

Ron's_Mate

Bench
The two points doesn't matter because we are no hope of making the 8. Our place is to battle it out for a place in the bottom 4. Winning that game by a penalty goal or two would have been meaningless, as the important fact is the total lack of any attacking nous on the part of the playmakers. Titans were bad too, but as for the Tigers I have never seen a team so utterly clueless in attack, and so adept at self sabotage. That is what needs to be fixed, if it is even possible with the current roster.

WA Tiger

Bench
The game had some individual brilliance eg from Roberts and Nofo (and that’s what’s needed to win) but some comical mistakes also…I couldn’t believe my eyes when the ref seemed to be trying to make up for his initial blunder, and give us some calls. But the titans kept overturning them with challenges..

Liddle needs to learn to pass in one motion

When it was 3 minutes to go I thought There’s still plenty of time to lose. It’s like we are programmed to lose. That non grounding would have PTSD’d Madden surely….

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I think there’s just a lack of real confidence in the halves and at hooker. ..They are just so “oh woops sorry” at critical moments……unlike Nofo, Roberts, Gildart and Laurie and maybe Maumalo who think anythings possible at any time

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
You've got teams like Roosters and Melbourne who always find a way to win. Even when they are the worse team, behind on all the stats, injuries...whatever...they find a way to win.

Tigers are literally the opposite. We can be the better team, better stats...everything...we still find a way to lose.

I just don't know what to think anymore. I feel like this is some sort of f**king curse. I'm not superstitious (complete lie) but maybe we need to hire a witch doctor or priest or something to lift this curse.

Pezz70

Juniors
Take solice in the fact that in the last two weeks we have had only three tries scored against us and they’ve all been from kicks. Last nights try just illustrated how luckless we are, a kick in the last minutes hits the post and the young fella wants to pick it up and run it instead of just killing it.

Our attack the last three weeks has been ordinary, the first half of the Melbourne game was good. According to Madge we’re close😳

Got to say too that Atkins really needs a stint in Reggies, appeared to be making things up as he went along.

Latest posts