What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Parramatta @ Stadium Australia

Who will win? Round 4: Wests Tigers v Parramatta

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
He was once marquee, a prolific try scorer, step an speed to burn. The reference to “home” is a reference to his best days of the past.

Many people will only see the humiliating and laughable fumble as symbolic of his value. But I look to the build up and opportunity he provided himself to score and argue that it was a glimpse of his old self.

He’s spent a few years trying to recapture his form, trying to get “home” as it were, back to the fundamentally good player he is.

I trust that assists.

We just didn’t get the 100% merkin Moses we are used to. Something good this way creeps.

I think a lot of people forget How good Mbye was for us when he came here in 2018. He had a tough start to 2019 after a knee injury in the trials and never got his mojo back.

He only played a couple of games for us there in 2020 but was pretty good, I particular the manly game which we won, and I was looking forward to see if he could get his 18 form back this year.

Luckily for us we’ve unearthed a real diamond in Laurie who will hopefully be our long term fullback, so I’m not sure where Mbye fits in for us.

I think a lot of people forget How good Mbye was for us when he came here in 2018. He had a tough start to 2019 after a knee injury in the trials and never got his mojo back.

He only played a couple of games for us there in 2020 but was pretty good, I particular the manly game which we won, and I was looking forward to see if he could get his 18 form back this year.

Luckily for us we’ve unearthed a real diamond in Laurie who will hopefully be our long term fullback, so I’m not sure where Mbye fits in for us.

Agree entirely.

And for other fans of Mbyes fluffed try, I provide a quick assessment.

You can see that we have stranded most of the knights to our right, so we are heading left.

I thought instead of using Lucy as the decoy, a flat pass would have resulted in a try. He’s looking lonely out there. There’s a better shot of the opportunity down at the bottom of the post in the attachments.

22288F14-E96B-4887-B770-D22CFEE2265C.jpeg
Note Mbye. He’s not even thinking of catching the ball. He’s trying to stay on side before the kick.

Then It goes back to doogie and then he does a sweet thing, he creeps right up to them before he kicks

2AA312B8-923A-4CE9-A620-BF0DD4E0CB43.jpeg
Sorry about the phone montage, anyway you see what’s happening. Look at Mbye here running to a massive chasm.

Hence:
5B2DF40C-328C-46B3-B142-D411BF6C31EE.jpeg
No one is near him. Perfect kick from doogie.

And then of course is the part of the sequence best left unremembered

There’s a few really nice strings to this bow but also some interesting learnings.

Looking back on it, it’s a worry that Lucy didn’t get the ball and maybe we need to loosen up a bit and play “ what’s in front of us” a bit more.

But if you are Madge, the non-result was the result of a handling error, not the actual theory of the try.

The hero of the movement were the designers, the game awareness to see that they were short and picture perfect 5/8 play from Doogie. That was to the red letter. Spot on.

I could be rude about the knights right side players, there was some blatant tardiness, but to be fair, they didn’t have all the numbers either, so very little room for error which they fell into easily. Fatigue as well I guess.

Couldn’t be bothered making it all pristine presentation wise. Long day...

Attachments

• 07451646-BF1E-44D8-880C-2DA2073924BA.jpeg
    07451646-BF1E-44D8-880C-2DA2073924BA.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 2
  • B1171CD1-B425-4E5F-BD8A-9513BA0F04A5.jpeg
    B1171CD1-B425-4E5F-BD8A-9513BA0F04A5.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Parra is in good form, we barely beat a pathetic rabble last week and were belted both weeks previous.
Head says we get flogged.
That said, we often muscle up against these blokes.
It’ll be interesting viewing.

Pezz70

Juniors
Parra is in good form, we barely beat a pathetic rabble last week and were belted both weeks previous.
Head says we get flogged.
That said, we often muscle up against these blokes.
It’ll be interesting viewing.
I’d say we’re in for a whipping, Sivo will bag a hatrick .

Tiger Ted

Bench
This is another of the many mismatches scheduled for this round.I will b shocked if we stay with them for 80 mins.

Rhyno

First Grade
Why was this match moved from bankwest? Tigers scared of another Easter Monday massacre

The Rosco

Bench
Why are you spouting on a Weststigers forum ?
And I might have mentioned this to you before . . . but your avatar is incorrect.
I might be wrong, but I'd say that 1947 isn't when your team won it's last premiership.
I think it's only 35 odd years ago.
Like, I know that " only" and "35 years" should'nt be seen in the same sentence . . .
But I'm pretty sure youse have won at least one since '47. Surely.
Look into it rhyno.
It might be printed somewhere on your bedsheets.

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
Why are you spouting on a Weststigers forum ?
And I might have mentioned this to you before . . . but your avatar is incorrect.
I might be wrong, but I'd say that 1947 isn't when your team won it's last premiership.
I think it's only 35 odd years ago.
Like, I know that " only" and "35 years" should'nt be seen in the same sentence . . .
But I'm pretty sure youse have won at least one since '47. Surely.
Look into it rhyno.
It might be printed somewhere on your bedsheets.

Three times during the Sterling ..Price.era
.Their Innaugarel '47 side came last or second last which is understandable...a distinguished member of that side came close to having me as a son in law. ..one of the nicest most decent men I've ever known...and an eel...go figure

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
Three times during the Sterling ..Price.era
.Their Innaugarel '47 side came last or second last which is inderstandable...a distinguished member of that side came close to having me as a son in law. ..one of the nicest most decent men I've ever known...and an eel...go figure
. . . Yep. And then there's rhyno.

axl rose

Bench
6/7 games so far been spankings. But that salary cap evens out the competition remember?
In fairness the bottom 4 all have contenders for the worst buys over the last couple of years. Cotric to play centre on massive overs at Dogs was always going to end very badly. NFL 'star' Holmes to play fullback for cows.. err. What a great player Payten was for us, rarely lost a game with him in the side. Good luck to him, he'll need it.

axl rose

Bench
Oh NO! Ive just been made aware that the mighty Jordan Rancid had been named on the Eels bench .
Hah Rankin and Cartwright. Have the eels got an injury crisis or have they lost thier mind

a9ba60670cae6274bb3725bc3c8cdb21.gif

MasterTiger

Juniors
This game is a tipping point for us. I sense it and am very confident Madge and the boys sense it too. Its about time we competed and BEAT a top 4-5 team. I reckon Rhyno is worried. Parra are slightly over-rated in my opinion.