What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Broncos @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Broncos v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Das Hassler

Bench
HOW GOOD IS CHEE KAM OH MY GOD WHAT A PLAYER

Is he our starting centre? I prefer him to Jennings.

Better off with him off the bench ...an ideal utility that can play in the forward rotation and saves having a back taking up a spot just in case.
Gotta lock up Micaele.....the dawn of our first true powerhouse in a long time...we've never had them but i think we do now

Tiger05

First Grade
I like the look of Mikaele as well. Aloiai and Mikaele give us that ability to dent the line and get a roll on in the middle. Chee-Kam gives us a great runner on the edge and he can also belt it up the middle.

Matterson was good tonight as well. He looks good to me as well.

I think we might be better off with the Huth there instead of ET as well. Eisenhuth killed them out there today. Sure he isn't a game breaker like Aloiai or Mikaele but his work rate is great and he held us together in the middle out there for a while.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Matterson was great & Twal should’ve got mom from ch 9.
Brooks is fabulous when he frequently runs the ball like 2nite & his confidence was evident in getting us a repeat set.He needs to have belief in what he’s capable of & replicate that kind of game regularly.
At 16 all I was going to need a defibrillator.
Turning pt was Jennings getting concussed.Consequently Cheekam made a huge impact on the result.
Fk off Seibold & broncos !!

Tiger Ted

Bench
Matterson is looking like our best signing since Ellis. Possibly better with his versatility. He has really sured up that edge defensively where we have been so weak for so long
It’s obvious matterson learnt his trade at Bondi & yes he’s a great acquisition but there only 1 Gareth Ellis.The stupendous Pom is peerless !

Trollhammaren

Juniors
What a finish. That will go down as one of the more satisfying wins for mine. Like when we beat Broncos at Suncorp in '03. Heighington with the game-winner from memory.

But I digress, really good and gutsy performance. Brooks, Twal, Reynolds, Matterson all great. But so was everyone.

Credit to Marsters for turning it all around as well.

Enjoy the weekend, gang.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The best thing about the win wa that we actually learnt from our mistakes last week. We kept playing footy for the full 80, well done to all involved.
Yes great team effort & deserved win but we did screw up the field goal attempt.Thankfully the other mobs game management is non existent.

Das Hassler

Bench
Yes great team effort & deserved win but we did screw up the field goal attempt.Thankfully the other mobs game management is non existent.

Relieved though that they learned from last week by not trying a smothered lo percenter handing them 7 tackles. ..that was the last minute composure i wanted to see

Tiger Ted

Bench
Relieved though that they learned from last week by not trying a smothered lo percenter handing them 7 tackles. ..that was the last minute composure i wanted to see
Yep running the ball is certainly a better option than a low %age kick.Just so thankful it didn’t go to GP again.GP isn’t good for the heart when u have our GP record.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I like how Madge is coaching. One thing that hasn't been mentioned much tonight is how Elijah Taylor was completely left out of the side. Shows how Maguire is prepared to make the tough decisions that are best for the team as a whole. He also has them prepared to play the full 80 minutes.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
x-jpg.28889

LOL - "We've got him surrounded. Let's wait for Darius to come in and tackle him."

Fordy20

Juniors
It says alot about Jennings when a back rower does a better job at centre. Jennings needs to be dropped, he's not a centre and he was only good on wing playing outside Ingles

Anyone can look good being fed tries by Inglis. Darius Boyd made a career out of it at rep level.

Mader45

Juniors
Holy shit!!! Just watched the game. We won with a try on broken play!!!!! What the hell just happened! Is north south?!?!?!

Hopefully Brooks can continue that form. Grub is awesome and Benji should have a bench spot when he gets back, Matto reminds me of Gareth Ellis, everything he does is quality.

Our forwards stuck it to them all night.

We look so much better with Grub at 6. His effort just drags players with him and his short kicking game is as good as it gets.

Makes the rest of the weekend's footy easier to watch..

Tigerm

First Grade
Hopefully Brooks can continue that form. Grub is awesome and Benji should have a bench spot when he gets back, Matto reminds me of Gareth Ellis, everything he does is quality.

Our forwards stuck it to them all night.

We look so much better with Grub at 6. His effort just drags players with him and his short kicking game is as good as it gets.

Makes the rest of the weekend's footy easier to watch..
Yes, its nice to be able to strut around for the rest of the weekend.:cool:

It says alot about Jennings when a back rower does a better job at centre. Jennings needs to be dropped, he's not a centre and he was only good on wing playing outside Ingles
I'd keep him in the team, as a winger, what a great teacher for a winger, Inglis would have set Jennings straight re staying on the wing, coming in only when he needed to, positional play...compared to Nofoaluma and his positional play.

He scored 19 tries last year at Souths, I'd have him on the wing, at 192cm he gives the team some height out there and surely some speed.

Latest posts