What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs St Geo Illa @ WIN Stadium

Who will win? Round 6: St Geo Illa v Newcastle

• St George Illawarra Dragons 13+

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
Practically missed that first half but what I did see, seemed pretty ugly. Although we're moving the ball again which is nice.

And I'm glad the Knights have pulled their offer. You have to take a stance at some point.

I'm wondering if the club thinks they can call his bluff at this stage. It's basically saying look mate, we're done with the bullshit. You've got the options there - if you want to stay, stay. If you want to go, then piss off.
That's indeed how it seems. The club can't be seen as a pushover so I'm happy they made this decision. Would be stoked with Munster as much as he's a massive prong.

His head might not have fully been on the game but I reckon Ponga was hindered by that injury. He is moving much more freely now.

perverse

Referee
That's indeed how it seems. The club can't be seen as a pushover so I'm happy they made this decision. Would be stoked with Munster as much as he's a massive prong.
I can't imagine Munster coming here in a million years... but I guess you have to make a play at him if you have the money to do so. I know who I'd prefer to tie $1.3 million a year up with.

Jono078

Referee
Not to take this thread too off-topic but I don't see why we wouldn't be a chance at Munster. He has ties with AOB and Gagai. He'd be 29 or 30 when he comes here. He could be Gagai V2. Come here in his later years as a fully developed player and kill it before retiring in beautiful Newcastle.

Let's see what we've got in this second half! Hope to see Simi get some solid time and do some nice things. He does look a much better fit (physically) to #13 than Mann.

PhilGould

Bench
Could see Munster (or anyone) taking $1.2m+ at the Knights instead of $750k at the Storm, but surely the Dolphins offer would be pretty similar. We won't win that battle.

Also he's not off contract until 2024.

Jono078

Referee
I say it every week. Goes for the big spectacular pass every week when he couple play more simple and be much more effective.

Also noticed his positioning to clean up kicks isn't really better this week either.

Jono078

Referee
Nice try!

That try shows what a bit of urgency, playing football, and supporting the runner can deliver.