What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Titans @ Cbus Super Stadium

Who will win? Round 6: Titans v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bartwah

Juniors
Pearce looked a lot better today I thought. Moga going to find it hard to come back into first grade, I really don’t think Hunt has put a foot wrong this year. Levi has to go, if we wants to have a sook and threaten to leave because he lost his spot, let him walk. Piss poor attitude

Haffa

Hard to make a case the players want him around after that first half effort. That was as bad as some of Manly’s performances early last year.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The way we’re going, you’ll be lucky to turn $50 into $51. No way the bookies should be giving the opposition anything other than $1.01 for the win.

I’ve done pretty well the first 6 weeks, pretty much all our opponents have been paying around $2.00, last week Manly we’re paying $2.50

You’re right though, the odds will shorten from here on in, especially against the good teams.

Yosh

Coach
We have such good players... How can we be playing so badly??

I would put Ramien, Ponga and Klemmer up there with the very best in the comp. I don't see no glaring weaknesses in the team apart from Levi... We need a competent hooker. I'd literally take any hooker from every other team over Levi.

Watson is such an engima... If he just figured out how to hit his man on the chest, he would be an awesome 6... Energy in bundles and is always poking through but he can't pass to save his life... This guy needs to do nothing but passing training for the rest of the season.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I’ve done pretty well the first 6 weeks, pretty much all our opponents have been paying around $2.00, last week Manly we’re paying $2.50

You’re right though, the odds will shorten from here on in, especially against the good teams.
Wish I’d tried that.

For all our sakes I’ll do it next week. Knights are guaranteed to win

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Wish I’d tried that.

For all our sakes I’ll do it next week. Knights are guaranteed to win

I’ve been doing it for years on and off. Especially when we have a game against a bogey side. Although I lost my nerve last year when we won a few games and we played against the bulldogs who were injury ravaged at the time and were paying about $4 to beat us at home, I still regret not chucking some $$$ at that game hahaha.

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
We have such good players... How can we be playing so badly??

I would put Ramien, Ponga and Klemmer up there with the very best in the comp. I don't see no glaring weaknesses in the team apart from Levi... We need a competent hooker. I'd literally take any hooker from every other team over Levi.

Watson is such an engima... If he just figured out how to hit his man on the chest, he would be an awesome 6... Energy in bundles and is always poking through but he can't pass to save his life... This guy needs to do nothing but passing training for the rest of the season.

He could never pass at the Chooks either, his job was to run and back up with us. More suited to number 1 than 6 but in all reality he is really just a number 14 at best.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I don't see no glaring weaknesses in the team apart from Levi.
we need a 5/8 that can control a game and kick, someone to help Pearcy and carry the load rather than be a passenger/liability in game management.
he can't pass to save his life... This guy needs to do nothing but passing training for the rest of the season.
He needs to sleep with the ball and carry it around all day- every day. I actually think Watson's biggest hurdle is between the ears, he moves so fast his brain cant keep up.

Apey

Staff member
I feel like Watson is more like a very poor man's Kurt Gidley... which is very concerning.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I feel like Watson is more like a very poor man's Kurt Gidley... which is very concerning.

To be fair to Watson I think he was actually pretty dangerous when he held the ball, set up the try for Hunt by getting on the outside of the defender and ran a great line off Barnett for that no try ruling. Also was in position to score off that KP line break and dropped it cold.

He had a poor game due to some of the errors he made but he’s a bit of a jack in the box and his running game definitely causes the opposition some problems especially late in the game and he’s one of the few players in our side who supports the ball carrier and is in position to take the pass or offload. If he can tidy up the errors I think he’s a pretty handy player. Biggest issue is that he’s been moved around through about 3-4 different roles in the team since he started here and has had injuries so hasn’t had a chance to really settle.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I agree with Toohey with the exception of line speed has been lacking for longer than 2 straight weeks. I noticed in his press conference after the game Brown didnt make a mention of it or the lack of enthusiasm or desperation. If anything he said we go back to training and continue to work hard.

The definition of insanity is to repeat the same thing and expect a different result.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/...attle-a-few-players-cages-after-loss/?cs=2503

"Poor execution and ball handling is one thing. Lacking the desperation and desire to cover up the mess straight afterwards is another altogether."

"Heads need to roll after another lack-lustre loss with coach Nathan Brown having no real choice than to send a pretty clear message to his squad about what's acceptable and what isn't.

Brown defended his middle forwards after the game for not getting the rewards for their hard work. I'd argue their line speed in defence in the opening 15 minutes was again lacking for the second straight week."

macavity

Referee
I've said it for a few years running now.

We will know we are in a good place when Barnett is playing reserve grade.

He is currently one of our best.

That tells you how bad we are going.

And that is no slight on Barney - he is all effort, but his ceiling is very low.

Old dog

Bench
I've said it for a few years running now.

We will know we are in a good place when Barnett is playing reserve grade.

He is currently one of our best.

That tells you how bad we are going.

And that is no slight on Barney - he is all effort, but his ceiling is very low.
Agreed, he is a goer but limited me thinks

Knight Vision

First Grade
I really do think Barny would be a 20% better player in a good team playing well. Same could be said for most of them at the moment. It's the team as a whole that are lacking attitude and confidence.

Have a look at Manly, theyve got Brendan Elliot and a bench I have never heard of but theyre playing as a team and playing with attitude and winning games. Tigers same ( except tonight )

Knight Vision

First Grade
This is not what a professional footy player in a good team culture does. I wouldnt have Watson in my team this week purely based on that effort. Brown has to set the culture and set the bar on what are acceptable standards and Watson needs to be made an example of and should be spending time in reserve grade.

If Watson had this attitude playing for the Storm ( which he wouldnt ) would he get picked next week?

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/...ch-nathan-brown-has-invested-in-them/?cs=2503

"One moment stood out in a lacklustre display.

With the Titans leading 2-0 midway through the first half, Knights hooker Danny Levi threw a flat ball to first receiver Connor Watson.

It was a tough pass, right on the advantage line, maybe a tad too high and fast. Watson knocked it on.

Immediately he spun to his left to remonstrate with Levi. In that same split-second, while Watson had taken his eye off the ball, Titans hooker Mitch Rein was firing it out to centre Brian Kelly, who in turn linked with winger Phillip Sami.

By the time Watson realised the peril Newcastle were facing, the Titans had already created an overlap.

Shaun-Kenny Dowall, Mitch Barnett and Tim Glasby chased valiantly. Centre Jesse Ramien was so desperate he flew from the far side of the field, arriving just as Sami scored in the corner."