What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Bulldogs @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 7: Bulldogs v Wests Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
He d

He was swapping with Moses Mbye intermittently during the game. Towards the end Mbye was full back and right centre (he started at left) did anybody see why. Douehi ended up in the wing.

Talau went off after Doueihis try, hopefully just precautionary, we can’t cop another injury

WA Tiger

Bench
Is Talau here as a winger?
I know it’s early in his career, but he just doesn’t seem up to it.
But we got into the grind well And deserve our lead, though the dogs are pretty ordinary in most parts of the game.

Great try to start the second half though:smiley::smiley::smiley:

He’s a natural centre IMO ..At least he went for that try and got it ..The one in the corner after a low pass from AD (I think) which held him up.....That was a pretty good effort to stay in. ..Jennings would have found a way to miss that try I guarantee it ..

WA Tiger

Bench
He’s a natural centre IMO ..At least he went for that try and got it ..The one in the corner after a low pass from AD (I think) which held him up.....That was a pretty good effort to stay in. ..Jennings would have found a way to miss that try I guarantee it ..

In fact that try is not even in Jennings repertoire...Talau shouldn't lose his spot after that, and his double

Mario chalmers

Juniors
The way we play we basically need to rely on a heavy load of possession and high completion rate. Although the dogs were garbage it was still easily our most complete performance.

Finally the BJ and Nofo combination is turning out how i thought it’d be

McIntyre is a sensation, he’s easily better than Seyfarth

Grant was once again enormous aswell

Agree totally re McIntyre. He's got a very strong hold on a bench spot. They did mention Mikaele has a medial ligament strain in the call which might mean Packer comes back on the bench.

I think Nofa and BJ are benefiting from Reynolds not because Grub has a high quality passing game but because Benji runs the ball across field which means his outside backs have no space when they get it.

Tiger05

First Grade
That was a good win wasn't it. Very un-Tigers like. Reynolds was awesome and BJ and Nofo got heaps of quality ball. Grant is a star. Our pack is pretty good. Aloiai, Eisenhuth and LL were awesome.

Vozzy

Juniors
Jennings would not have even got to the line for Talaus first try. Aldo mbye the last 2 weeks has gotten more involved and is playing a bit line a second 5/8 outside of Brooks. He is also popping up around the ruck like nofo does which is good to see. Doueihi needs to follow grant and LL more there are opportunities for an offload or a break Slater would be all over them. Other then that he hasn't made a mistake just been solid without anything special which is fine.

WA Tiger

Bench
Jennings would not have even got to the line for Talaus first try. Aldo mbye the last 2 weeks has gotten more involved and is playing a bit line a second 5/8 outside of Brooks. He is also popping up around the ruck like nofo does which is good to see. Doueihi needs to follow grant and LL more there are opportunities for an offload or a break Slater would be all over them. Other then that he hasn't made a mistake just been solid without anything special which is fine.
Yes and try’s like that dont happen by accident...Mbyes running like he used to before he got lazy..and he’s learnt how to let the catcher of the high ball land first then tackle him..bravo .AD was the recipient of that short pass this week...Nofo, always a pleasure to watch...Joseph L did what no other could for that try and also of note he passed to Nofo before that inside kick from Nofo then try ...but he only passed because he thought he’d get it straight back (seriously take a look)..

Good to watch with 30 on the clock and knowing you’ve got a win for a change

Last edited:

Phil Gould

Juniors
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Nofo has tiger blood. He turned down bigger dollars to stay loyal a few years back, as a great man once said “respec”.

I’m guessing bad’bye’s contract is coming up? He actually looked like he put some effort in a couple of times. Gotta love when he lines up a conversion and has a laugh. I always laugh at Croker for the Raiders when he sets up for a conversion. Looks like he’s begging to himself every time after that final against the tigers when he missed, “farkin pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease”.

I see a few more hiccups along the way but their consistency is definitely improving.

It was the footy we knew we could play.

That brooks break and right side cut out try was a beautifully executed play. That was exactly the result sought. Not sure about the bj flick, but it was one of the best I’ve seen.

Ivan will be having a few nightmares this week.

We want his head on a pike.

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
3 more Dally M points tonight to go one behind Taumalolo
grant.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Harry reminds me of Cam Murray with his game awareness and exuberant style.

Has a nice turn of speed.

Wants to be in the game at all times.

Big meters in attack, switches play on a hunch and can’t stop tackling anything he sees.

Typical tiges, our best player is not even legally on our books full time! Signed up in a car park!

Bellamy would be watching out and enjoying his development under Madge.

He’s going to love the tiger faithful in real life. Noisy and supportive.

Pezz70

Juniors
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Nofo has tiger blood. He turned down bigger dollars to stay loyal a few years back, as a great man once said “respec”.

I’m guessing bad’bye’s contract is coming up? He actually looked like he put some effort in a couple of times. Gotta love when he lines up a conversion and has a laugh. I always laugh at Croker for the Raiders when he sets up for a conversion. Looks like he’s begging to himself every time after that final against the tigers when he missed, “farkin pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease”.

I see a few more hiccups along the way but their consistency is definitely improving.
I think somebody in the crowd was giving it to Mbye when he was taking the kicks.

Pezz70

Juniors
Harry reminds me of Cam Murray with his game awareness and exuberant style.

Has a nice turn of speed.

Wants to be in the game at all times.

Big meters in attack, switches play on a hunch and can’t stop tackling anything he sees.

Typical tiges, our best player is not even legally on our books full time! Signed up in a car park!

Bellamy would be watching out and enjoying his development under Madge.

He’s going to love the tiger faithful in real life. Noisy and supportive.

He does look the goods, packs a punch above his weight too, can hit. Be a shame to see him go back to Melbourne, will be one player I’ll only have best wishes for when he does. To come to the Tigers and play like he has in the circumstances really illustrative of his character. Has well and truely proven himself an NRL player with real representative potential

Tiger05

First Grade
Grant is a weapon. I wish we could sign him up now. If he goes at least with have Liddle and Simpkins coming through but Grant already looks a star.

glockers

Juniors
Very hard to fault a performance across the Park, which is pleasing. Our right side was truly dangerous with BJ looking better each week.

I thought our three starting middle forwards all played great and even better was Mikaele’s impact of the bench. He really dented the line and played well. His best game of the season.

is McIntyre naturally a middle forward? He played well but I thought he was an edge forward in reserve.

As the 'usual suspects' get mentioned, I would like to say that IMO both Clark and Eisenhuth deserve a mention. Clark played with plenty of aggression & his defense was very good in the small minutes he did play. Eisenhuth ran liked he did a couple of years back, made plenty of metres and looked good in the 13 role.