What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Penrith @ BlueBet Stadium

Who will win? Round 7: Penrith v Newcastle

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
It doesn't matter who we recruit until we get our attitude right, and compete in every game for the 80.

You simply can't have success in the NRL, unless you work hard for it and push your opposition all the way.

I think OB is a good coach but I'd love him to have Payten's expectation of performance instilled in him. I don't know if OB is that hard line style coach, or the gently gently style. He gets annoyed in the box about lack of effort on plays, but how hard line is he behind the scenes?
Did you, or anyone, see Payten's post game conference tonight? He didn't even smile or congratulate the players efforts for their enormous comeback win.

He just said this is what happens when you don't make mistakes. He is old school hard. I can't imagine what our squad would be like if we had that kind of hard nosed coach.

I sometimes think Brian Smith would be good right about now - I actually liked him and how much he got out of the players. It's a shame the Rooster ruined his tenure with us because it was building nicely. Realistically it's the Roosters that set us so far backwards when Brian left and Stone was then put in charge.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Did you, or anyone, see Payten's post game conference tonight? He didn't even smile or congratulate the players efforts for their enormous comeback win.

He just said this is what happens when you don't make mistakes. He is old school hard. I can't imagine what our squad would be like if we had that kind of hard nosed coach.

I sometimes think Brian Smith would be good right about now - I actually liked him and how much he got out of the players. It's a shame the Rooster ruined his tenure with us because it was building nicely. Realistically it's the Roosters that set us so far backwards when Brian left and Stone was then put in charge.

I seriously wonder what could have been if Brian Smith had stayed on as coach here for another 3-4 years. Not saying we would have won a comp but at the stage he signed with the Roosters in 2009 we were entrenched in the top 4 and going great then our form fell off a cliff once he announced he was leaving. He had a knack for picking up bargain bin players and turning them into first graders and from memory Mullen and co played some of their best footy under Smith as well.

I just wonder if he’d had another few years here whether we may have been able to avoid the whole debacle that has been the last decade.

Anyway we all know how history played out so we gotta work with what we have now.

Knight76

Juniors

Players would harden up or f**k off im guessing. This sort of no excuses 100% effort coaching is what this club needs.

And if that results in another rebuild, then at least rebuild it with the foundation of grit and determination through an understanding that anything less than 100% effort is failure.

I can support a team that tries its guts out and ends middle of the table, I find it hard to stomach a team that has the potential to be top 4, or top 6, but cant be stuffed putting in the effort to get there.