What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Dolphins @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 8: Dolphins v Newcastle

• Dolphins 13+

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Dolphins 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Considering the situation I’d probably prefer Gags at FB. He’s not going to give anything away physically and we need him with his hands on the ball if we’re going to try and make a go of anything this year. I know that finals is a long shot now but the coaching staff can’t just give up on the season only 7 rounds in, what kind of message does that send?

At this stage they still need to be focussed on winning games. Then they can reassess mid-season and if the finals are out of reach at that time then it’s time to give youngsters a go.

You can still bring one of the young guys in on the wing if you’ve got Gags at FB. Tuala will do a decent job at centre and there’s way less pressure on a young guy playing in the 2/5 jersey rather than the 1 jersey.

Anyway I’m not expecting it to pan out this way but that would be my preference.

Old dog

Bench
Tuala at centre with a new (Jenkins inj) untried winger leaves our right side vunerable especially possibly without Friz.
This is definitely a must improve/win game.
1 Armstrong, 2 Gagai, 3 Lucas.
If Friz is out then Cartwright or Jones

Burwood

Bench
I think we’ll see at 4pm this afternoon a back five of:
1. Gagai
2. Armstrong
3. Tuala
4. Best
5. Marzhew

Come game day, wouldn’t be surprised to see Armstrong slide in at fullback, Gagai injured and Lucas into centres.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Tuala at centre with a new (Jenkins inj) untried winger leaves our right side vunerable especially possibly without Friz.
This is definitely a must improve/win game.
1 Armstrong, 2 Gagai, 3 Lucas.
If Friz is out then Cartwright or Jones
Couldn’t agree more.

How the hell did we get to this? Try telling our 2017 selves that Dane Gagai was the key to our RHS defensive integrity.

This club just continues to defy all belief, Woosh excepted.

Zoidberg

First Grade
We were looking ok early last year when Ponga was injured. Ok, not good. Attack was disjointed (is even with Ponga) but we got a few wins.
I’m not expecting to make the finals, but hopefully we can come up with some team plans that work and jab some wins.

Woody90

Juniors
Armstrong named at 1.
Gagai back and named co captain with Brailey.
No Frizz including on extended bench.
Gamble and Hastings retained in the halves but Cogger on extended bench.
Bench looks horrible (Crossland, DSaf, Jones and Cartwright).

Knight Tales

Bench
We aren’t getting close to them. So let us just hope Armstrong proves he is a first grader and stands out.
Mapa
Cant - a commentators nightmare
Pryce
Hopefully they get their chance soon. Cos it must be frustrating for them watching the ineptitude which gets picked ahead of them every week.

Woody90

Juniors
We aren’t getting close to them. So let us just hope Armstrong proves he is a first grader and stands out.
Mapa
Cant - a commentators nightmare
Pryce
Hopefully they get their chance soon. Cos it must be fostering for them watching the ineptitude which gets picked ahead of them every week.

It’s not like any of them have been banging down the door deserving of selection either though let’s be honest. Armstrong probably the best of a very bad bunch from the weekend.

Yosh

Coach
We were looking ok early last year when Ponga was injured. Ok, not good. Attack was disjointed (is even with Ponga) but we got a few wins.
I’m not expecting to make the finals, but hopefully we can come up with some team plans that work and jab some wins.
It's horrible how our club is fine just making up the numbers in the NRL. We should be expecting to make the top 4 every year regardless of who gets injured and what not.

Knight Tales

Bench
It’s not like any of them have been banging down the door deserving of selection either though let’s be honest. Armstrong probably the best of a very bad bunch from the weekend.
Why would they though? Knowing the cut and paste selection without consequences. Unless you are half of course. I am a firm believer these kids are waiting for their shot rather than grabbing it, and will either sink or swim. But without a chance the point is mute. I also agree they would be doing it in a situation where their form does not demand it. And that is why this club is in wet cement yet again.

mentally draining to be banging down the door and constantly see a derp selected ahead of you, by virtue of his pay grade. After a while many would just given up or go to another club. The damage to culture hard to quantify.

Woody90

Juniors
Why would they though? Knowing the cut and paste selection without consequences. Unless you are half of course. I am a firm believer these kids are waiting for their shot rather than grabbing it, and will either sink or swim. But without a chance the point is mute. I also agree they would be doing it in a situation where their form does not demand it. And that is why this club is in wet cement yet again.

I wouldn’t say we do cut and paste without consequences. We had 3 different halves combos by round 7 lol. DSaf keeps getting a free ride no doubt but I think he’s the only one - none of the listed ones are props either.

They should 100% be doing everything in their power to grab their shot otherwise they’re no better than the blokes in front of them.

Knight Tales

Bench
I wouldn’t saw we do cut and paste without consequences. We had 3 different halves combos by round 7 lol. DSaf keeps getting a free ride no doubt but I think he’s the only one - none of the listed ones are props either.

They should 100% be doing everything in their power to grab their shot otherwise they’re no better than the blokes in front of them.
I openly addressed that criteria not applying the halves in my post.

Woody90

Juniors
I openly addressed that criteria not applying the halves in my post.

The fact that halves are getting dropped though pretty much suggests that there’s a heap of opportunities to get into the side i.e. if you’re willing to drop halves usually you’ll be open to dropping other positions.

With halves being dropped someone like Pryce should be really aiming up.

Obviously DSaf is an exception to that.

The fact that halves are getting dropped though pretty much suggests that there’s a heap of opportunities to get into the side i.e. if you’re willing to drop halves usually you’ll be open to dropping other positions.

With halves being dropped someone like Pryce should be really aiming up.

Obviously DSaf is an exception to that.
Precisely the point though. Standards are across the entire organization- no exceptions.

No one player is above the standards. Doesnt matter what the position it's a terrible example to everyone.

Leave it all out on the field or dont get selected next week.