What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Dolphins @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 5: Dolphins v Wests Tigers

• Dolphins 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Dolphins 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Das Hassler

Bench
Well Ref Sutton scored the the winning try but Papaalii caught out to seal it. Api caught the marker out and the the same marker knocked it out of his hands, should’ve been a penalty to the tigers or at the least a scrum feed to the tigers instead the dolphins are handed the ball, and score on top of a six to go. Sutton should be in NSW cup next week.

Not only knocked it out but the ball rocketed straight back towards our tryline....how a knock on by Api could come from that will remain a mystery for the ages

WA Tiger

Bench
I hope Benji doesn’t blame the ref..Bulla was disappointing with some dumb errors..including thinking he has to score the try on every backline move by cutting back inside..
Sezer again all class but he can’t do it alone..
At least we didn’t embarrass ourselves.

Bula, is a Mitchell clone, skillful, talented and LAZY, won’t do the dog yards, and gets caught out too often
I started noticing this a bit last week. On kick returns if he has an option to pass or run, he'll pass almost all the time. When he does run it's a soft cock effort, especially as he gets closer to contact.

He and the coaching staff need to get that shit out of his game quickly because he's got a lot of potential and is still as raw as a greyhound's dinner. Bad habits need to get eradicated before they become second nature.

simmo1

First Grade
It wasn't a great performance but we are definitely more resilient than previous years. If we keep it up for 27 rounds we will do OK.

Dolphins look good though, especially in attack. They capitalise on every single half break.

Pezz70

Juniors
It wasn't a great performance but we are definitely more resilient than previous years. If we keep it up for 27 rounds we will do OK.

Dolphins look good though, especially in attack. They capitalise on every single half break.
Dolphins won’t make the 8

Well we were only a first grade team for 25 to 30 minutes tonight and got what we deserved. At least we showed some starch in defence at different times and didn't get blown away by 50 as I thought might happen in the 2nd half.

I'd give Latu the 6 jersey next week. Didn't do a great deal in attack but neither did Sullivan, but Latu was pretty keen in defence with a few really dominant tackles.

Staines actually impressed me tonight. I thought he played well in a team that was soundly beaten in almost all aspects of the game.

If Api goes down long term, we are farked.

Tigerm

First Grade
We looked a bit flat, that short turnaround may have been a problem, but the dolphins played well.

It’s been mentioned, but I think we did miss Gal.

But, if that’s our second worse game for the year, I’ll be pleased.

Pezz70

Juniors
I hope Benji doesn’t blame the ref..Bulla was disappointing with some dumb errors..including thinking he has to score the try on every backline move by cutting back inside..
Sezer again all class but he can’t do it alone..
At least we didn’t embarrass ourselves.
I hope he calls the ref to account. Was close to the worst NRL performance I’ve seen from a referee in three or four seasons. Tigers were their own worst enemy, but some shit calls took away any chance they had of redeeming themselves. It was a very one sided refereeing performance. One game where the stats don’t tell the story.

Tigerm

First Grade
Well we were only a first grade team for 25 to 30 minutes tonight and got what we deserved. At least we showed some starch in defence at different times and didn't get blown away up 50 as I thought might happen in the 2nd half.

I'd give Latu the 6 jersey next week. Didn't do a great deal in attack but neither did Sullivan, but Latu was pretty keen in defence with a few really dominant tackles.

Staines actually impressed me tonight. I thought he played well in a team that was soundly beaten in almost all aspects of the game.

If Api goes down long term, we are farked.
I think they need TDS in the 17, more so than a half?
Latu in, Bud out.

simmo1

First Grade
Dolphins won’t make the 8

Maybe not, a long way to go, but there isn't 8 teams playing better at this point. We have done a favour to whoever has them next week with Flegler and Farnworth out.

Wizardman

First Grade
I hope he calls the ref to account. Was close to the worst NRL performance I’ve seen from a referee in three or four seasons. Tigers were their own worst enemy, but some shit calls took away any chance they had of redeeming themselves. It was a very one sided refereeing performance. One game where the stats don’t tell the story.
Im not a guy who normally blames the ref for losses......and Im not blaming him this time as the Dolphins I thought were the better side tonight. Realistically, we could have been down 24+ by halftime tonight.
But, I will admit the ref f**king annoyed me tonight....especially in that second half.

Nutz

Bench
Honey I'm home. I left at half time.
I now know why my front row seat was the only one available, it was right under one of those inferno propane thingies that went off every time the Dolphins did something good.
Bloody hell...100% humidy and being fried at the same time.
I got home drenched in sweat to watch our comeback only to see us lose at the end.
I'll watch the games on tv from now on except for my annual pilgrimage to LO later in the season.
6345dc87ed730259ac316ae40c724c65.png

Wizardman

First Grade
Tupou is a sloth … I cringe when he finds open space because he gets mowed down so easily

straight swap for naden. Atleast he has speed.
Our supporters really want to shit can this dude asap. I agree that we need an upgrade on Tupou in that position beyond this year and Im all for him leaving. But, he is clearly our best option at wing at this very point in time.

Naden is an absolute athlete.....but my god, he has two glaring weaknesses when it comes to his wing play. One is his hands, two is the high ball and his composure there in the big moments of a match. I simply would shit my pants atm if we had to field him there for a must-win game.

I did hear he had a blinder in NSW Cup the week before. Hopefully, he builds on it.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Our supporters really want to shit can this dude asap. I agree that we need an upgrade on Tupou in that position beyond this year and Im all for him leaving. But, he is clearly our best option at wing at this very point in time.

Naden is an absolute athlete.....but my god, he has two glaring weaknesses when it comes to his wing play. One is his hands, two is the high ball and his composure there in the big moments of a match. I simply would shit my pants atm if we had to field him there for a must-win game.

I did hear he had a blinder in NSW Cup the week before. Hopefully, he builds on it.
I want to find positives in Tupou but it’s really hard when he leaves us next year. his yardage carries are a big plus but I feel like 9/10 he finds space he’s got his concrete boots on

Tiger Ted

Bench
I’m pleased we stayed in the game & competed strongly in the 2nd half after a mediocre 1st half.We r definitely on an upwards trajectory.We were denied a chance to win the game by that diabolical decision by the detestable cheat Sutton who continues to display a profound hatred for us as is evident by our abysmal record when the lowlife refs us.A special mention to the abject incompetence of Sullivan.How the fk he got that lucrative contract underscores the toxic influence of unethical player managers on the game.Ive got no doubt we don’t recruit the lemon if Richo was in charge at the time.

WA Tiger

Bench
Bula, is a Mitchell clone, skillful, talented and LAZY, won’t do the dog yards, and gets caught out too often
How can Bula walk away from the play the ball when there’s no one there to receive it..unless he’s in dream world waiting for gaps to form before he gets involved..Fk your God shit Bula. Harden up or fk off!!

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
I want to find positives in Tupou but it’s really hard when he leaves us next year. his yardage carries are a big plus but I feel like 9/10 he finds space he’s got his concrete boots on
While we are competing for a top eight spot, we have to field the best side available regardless of who is leaving or staying.

I agree that he is slow....but sadly, he is among our two best options at this point in time. I certainly hope someone shapes up to take that spot...but we don't have a better option atm. If we are out of contention, then absolutely give a young bloke a go. Fow now, we need to choose the two best options. I have him as our number one atm.