What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Warriors @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 9: Newcastle v Warriors

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 1-12

• Warriors 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woody90

Juniors
We’re still very shit, but I was very happy with the defence there at the end. The Warriors attack was hopeless but they have a lot of big blokes who could have just run over the top of us but didn’t.

Also massive f**k you to the Fox League dickheads that have been death riding us.

Woody90

Juniors
What’s happened to our backline plays? Even before Ponga went down we seemed to lack any structure. Initially we were saying it was because the halves (particularly Hastings) were playing shit but I thought Hastings has been good the last few weeks.

(Yes I’m still happy we won, just seems very strange).

Apey

Staff member
Great win. Yeah our kicking game was bizarre and our attack is average but man if they turn up like that each week in defence, I'd be thrilled.

Burwood

Bench
You know the mundane attack is a glaring problem when even Blocker harps on about it constantly in commentary.

And do you reckon AOB had a little whisper in Armstrong’s ear at half time telling him to stick to the basics?

Alex28

Coach
And do you reckon AOB had a little whisper in Armstrong’s ear at half time telling him to stick to the basics?
You would hope so. Don’t want to stifle his confidence, however playing ad lib, low percentage footy at the wrong time isn’t helping the team when it doesn’t come off.

I’m stoked for Dylan Lucas. He’s having a great season. You know when Vossy is raving about Lucas, KPP and Elliott as being set for the season - completely forgetting Friz even exists, they are all having a great season.

perverse

Referee
Assuming that the 12 weeks figure is accurate for Kalyn, we've got another 10 to survive. If we can find some way to win half of those, I'll back us to make another run at the finals. I don't see us improving much on last year once we get there, but we'll see. Still a mountain to climb in the meantime, but if we're 9-10 with a very eager Ponga returning, then there's at least some hope the year won't be a waste of time.

Armstrong was a bit wobbly today but still got his job done. He needs to be our Leo Dynevor this year.

aqua_duck

Coach
Where was this effort when Kalyn was healthy?

Great, gutsy win. Both teams struggled to finesse the ball in attack, but you will win a lot of games by just going out there and doing what they did - fighting for every inch.
I think the problem is when Kalyn is in the team the others get complacent, they think they can just rock up, not get out of second gear and Kalyn can win it for us on his own, without Kalyn there’s a greater sense of urgency

Zoidberg

First Grade
Assuming that the 12 weeks figure is accurate for Kalyn, we've got another 10 to survive. If we can find some way to win half of those, I'll back us to make another run at the finals. I don't see us improving much on last year once we get there, but we'll see. Still a mountain to climb in the meantime, but if we're 9-10 with a very eager Ponga returning, then there's at least some hope the year won't be a waste of time.

Armstrong was a bit wobbly today but still got his job done. He needs to be our Leo Dynevor this year.
2 byes in the next 10 weeks will help with that.

Woody90

Juniors
Where was this effort when Kalyn was healthy?

Great, gutsy win. Both teams struggled to finesse the ball in attack, but you will win a lot of games by just going out there and doing what they did - fighting for every inch.

I think all the talk of not being able to win without him has provided a lot of motivation for the rest of the squad. Gamble said as much during the week.

Same thing happened last year when he copped the concussion and we got written off straight away.