What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match review committee Charges

BLM01

First Grade
its ridiculous. I’ve trouble enjoying games these days. I keep asking myself (or anyone stupid enough to be close at the time) why the hell some players are penalised and others aren’t. Takes the focus and enjoyment away
I agree it’s not only that
what is ruining for me is this bunker review, time delays with it as well as too much reliance on SloMo and Frame by frame analysis
it’s not required a most cases distorts reality

Gareth67

First Grade
its ridiculous. I’ve trouble enjoying games these days. I keep asking myself (or anyone stupid enough to be close at the time) why the hell some players are penalised and others aren’t. Takes the focus and enjoyment away

Same here Snowy , I am also beginning to lose interest in the game , unfortunately it has undergone a dramatic transformation over time and not for the better .

Last edited:

George Dragon

Juniors
Dragons forward Tariq Sims is facing a one-match ban for a careless high tackle on Canberra's Harley Smith-Shields.

Sims was hit with the grade one charge from Friday night's loss to the Raiders, with two prior offences meaning he is set to miss one match whether he enters an early guilty plea or is found guilty a the judiciary.

In other charges from Friday night's games, Canberra's Jordan Rapana (dangerous contact - head/neck), St George Illawarra's Zac Lomax (careless high tackle)

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Dragons forward Tariq Sims is facing a one-match ban for a careless high tackle on Canberra's Harley Smith-Shields.

Sims was hit with the grade one charge from Friday night's loss to the Raiders, with two prior offences meaning he is set to miss one match whether he enters an early guilty plea or is found guilty a the judiciary.

In other charges from Friday night's games, Canberra's Jordan Rapana (dangerous contact - head/neck), St George Illawarra's Zac Lomax (careless high tackle)

At least JDBs innocuous tackle wasn't charged. Shouldn't have even been a penalty.

Gareth67

First Grade
Rugby league’s constant whinger , the Rorter’s Robinson is at it again , none other than his choir boy JWHargraves who has once again - yet again , been pinged for foul play .
Now he has been at the judiciary on numerous occasions this season and has been fined , surely they must come to the conclusion that this bloke just does not get it ?

No more fines for this thug , suspend him for a few weeks and see if he finally gets the message and at the same time tell the rorters that they have more than enough donations from their club to build themselves new premises .

On a side note it shall be most interesting to see the NRL’s criteria for foul play when the semi-finals are played . 🤔

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Rugby league’s constant whinger , the Rorter’s Robinson is at it again , none other than his choir boy JWHargraves who has once again - yet again , been pinged for foul play .
Now he has been at the judiciary on numerous occasions this season and has been fined , surely they must come to the conclusion that this bloke just does not get it ?

No more fines for this thug , suspend him for a few weeks and see if he finally gets the message and at the same time tell the rorters that they have more than enough donations from their club to build themselves new premises .

On a side note it shall be most interesting to see the NRL’s criteria for foul play when the semi-finals are played . 🤔
Finals.. back to origin standards of refereeing
Match review.. on holidays

thebigredv

First Grade
I tend not to read this thread only because it just ticks me over the edge with fury.

Not aware of the JWH incident as I didn't watch but I wouldn't mind our coach coming out and making statements that hit the papers about our unjust treatment in MRC every, single, week.

We just keep copping it and as a result we have at least 4 players whose priors tip them onto a suspension each time - Sims, Rav, McGuire, Fuimaono. Three of these players are not filthy dogs like the rooster is.

No fight in this club whatsoever.

Dragon David

First Grade

I reckon the refs will be turning a blind eye (maybe two blind eyes) to many infringements during the finals. The NRL's admiration club for the top 6 teams will be to limit penalties, sin bins and definitely no send offs during the finals and will wait until the comp starts again next year to get the refs to wield their whistles at teams like ours to crack down on foul play again like it was never in pause during the finals.

The "magic" round was always going to be a no win time for us and we were hit very hard by the judiciary and now they have relaxed quite a bit and issued more fines to build-up their savings.

Is it any wonder why we have become despondent over the past couple of years with poor recruitment, poor coaching, poor judiciary outcomes with so many discrepancies etc?

TruSaint

Referee
I tend not to read this thread only because it just ticks me over the edge with fury.

Not aware of the JWH incident as I didn't watch but I wouldn't mind our coach coming out and making statements that hit the papers about our unjust treatment in MRC every, single, week.

We just keep copping it and as a result we have at least 4 players whose priors tip them onto a suspension each time - Sims, Rav, McGuire, Fuimaono. Three of these players are not filthy dogs like the rooster is.

No fight in this club whatsoever.

Nailed it.

You watch the Chooks get the benefit of the doubt next time around.

Remember, it was Robinson after tragic round that told everyone to " relax, and give the new rules time", .. he was virtually a spokesman for PVL.

thebigredv

First Grade
Raiders are a dirty, dirty team.

They got away with murder against us with shoulder chargers and knees...meanwhile we end up with the suspended player?

Tonight Guler with a high full impact shoulder charge and not even a penalty or on report???

CHN sent off for a terrible blow. If that were Sims or Fui they would miss half the season.

Such inconsistency. Used to like Raiders but they are now a vile group with a lot of filthy condescending players.

Dragon David

First Grade
Raiders are a dirty, dirty team.

They got away with murder against us with shoulder chargers and knees...meanwhile we end up with the suspended player?

Tonight Guler with a high full impact shoulder charge and not even a penalty or on report???

CHN sent off for a terrible blow. If that were Sims or Fui they would miss half the season.

Such inconsistency. Used to like Raiders but they are now a vile group with a lot of filthy condescending players.
There were several head highs by the Raiders tonight especially by Josh Hodgson. CHN deserved to be sent off and will be outed for a few weeks.

The other thing I noticed was after the Raiders were penalised for obstruction by Josh Papalii, Josh touched Sutton on purpose on the abdomen as he walked past Sutton and said something to the ref before touching him. Didn't Frizell accidentally touch the ref and got suspended for a week? viz. https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/5cc68a418c1027d5d693ca7ce9535da6

and https://www.google.com/search?q=tys...7j33i160l3.10455j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

So touching the ref is acceptable nowadays?

Latest posts