What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Review from the Sharks site

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
SpiderShark said:
can i ask exactly what did he [simmons] do to command a 'disgraceful effort' reefy?

I don't understand which part of the fullback game you don't understand?

merrit was 70 metres from the try line.
Simmons was 40 metres from it.

As it pans out from above, Merrit gave Simmons 30 metres head start to get to the same point on the field.
this is our team flyer, if you believe his forum supporters.
But in the context of his game last night, it was just one of a myriad of failures in his game.
Anybody know when his 100 games comes up?

Nullajet

Juniors
I thought Cooper looked slow and cumbersome...Id shift Kearney back to fullback and give Seymour a go at 5/8th....just get rid of Simmo....he just doesnt have IT.

He always looks scared and tentative running the ball and defending. He doesnt read the play at all (what the hell did he come inside the man with the ball for when the gap appeared on the outside..then he drops the ensuing pass)

enough already with the Simmo push! They tried but its not working, he isnt what they want him to be.

Can anyone shed any light on how Seymour has been going in PL?

I too don't understand why Simmons came in at the back.. poor Kearney gets punted around the team like a whore.

spider

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
As it pans out from above, Merrit gave Simmons 30 metres head start to get to the same point on the field.
he looked short i'll admit

merrit wound up and was at full pace, simmons turned and was watchful of the step inside but merrit went wide

still caught the souths flyer but too late

what should he have done? - read merrits mind, charged him to have a step put on him?

round 3 and people are calling for heads

round 10 it will be for the coach

i much preferred our GF prospects after round 1 - much more amusing to say

Quigs

Immortal
SpiderShark said:
true - i would have made the tackle

I would of coat hangered him - then Lotte'ed the idiots that let him through.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and Fat Controller
Quigs

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Simmons

A few of his best

Was once again ragdolled after a meek kick return. Can't remember the Rabbits that nailed him but it was so classic Simmons.

The non catching of the bird pass because he ran the wrong freakin hole. Genius Simmo. How long was the off season. How long was there to learn that simple play.

The non running into a hole off a scrum about 50 out. Bird went for the same move he pulled with Kearney only Simmons was the hole runner. Well supposed to be but he got completely lost.

The Merritt debacle of a chase. Maybe Simmo shouldn't of been having to make such a tackle but FFS he's the fullback. Where's all the Simmorgasmos who went off in a flurry of taddies when he supposedly ran down Tate and Bowen. Those plays have now been shown up for how easy they were.

His kick returns were the same Barbie "don't ruffle my hair" efforts we've all come to know and hate.

Does he know how a fullback covers in a slide defensive pattern? Why wasn't he within cooee of Peachey and Merritt (1st try). I'll tell you why. Because he was dawdling around behind the line looking for a tip from someone. He had no idea.

He can't read the play in either O or D. He's a lost soul. He is simply NEVER in the right place at the right time. His old minder Vags must of been having quite the giggle looking at Simmo performing like a Holly Hobbie lost in the woods.

He looked so frikkin sluggish as well. I doubt he'd of had the speed to do anything in the gaps Bird was making for him anyway. In fact he now seems to totally lack any explosive speed at all.

5 attempts. 3 successes. 2 misses. His normal mediocre defence was on hand for all to see.

WHat about getting called for a surrender tackle after running the ball back 20 metres. FUGG ME someone give the merkin a white flag next time.

In closing I'll leave a personal message for The Monz - mmmiiiaaaaaoooooowwwwwwww

Inferno

Coach
Frenzy. said:
Simmons

A few of his best

Was once again ragdolled after a meek kick return. Can't remember the Rabbits that nailed him but it was so classic Simmons.

The non catching of the bird pass because he ran the wrong freakin hole. Genius Simmo. How long was the off season. How long was there to learn that simple play.

The non running into a hole off a scrum about 50 out. Bird went for the same move he pulled with Kearney only Simmons was the hole runner. Well supposed to be but he got completely lost.

The Merritt debacle of a chase. Maybe Simmo shouldn't of been having to make such a tackle but FFS he's the fullback. Where's all the Simmorgasmos who went off in a flurry of taddies when he supposedly ran down Tate and Bowen. Those plays have now been shown up for how easy they were.

His kick returns were the same Barbie "don't ruffle my hair" efforts we've all come to know and hate.

Does he know how a fullback covers in a slide defensive pattern? Why wasn't he within cooee of Peachey and Merritt (1st try). I'll tell you why. Because he was dawdling around behind the line looking for a tip from someone. He had no idea.

He can't read the play in either O or D. He's a lost soul. He is simply NEVER in the right place at the right time. His old minder Vags must of been having quite the giggle looking at Simmo performing like a Holly Hobbie lost in the woods.

He looked so frikkin sluggish as well. I doubt he'd of had the speed to do anything in the gaps Bird was making for him anyway. In fact he now seems to totally lack any explosive speed at all.

5 attempts. 3 successes. 2 misses. His normal mediocre defence was on hand for all to see.

WHat about getting called for a surrender tackle after running the ball back 20 metres. FUGG ME someone give the merkin a white flag next time.

In closing I'll leave a personal message for The Monz - mmmiiiaaaaaoooooowwwwwwww

"Well, I see what's going on in here. I am smack dab in the middle of a good old fashioned cat fight."
"Woof"
"Don't you mean reer?"
Sfohurley.jpg

"ah thats the one"

sharknows

Bench
SpiderShark said:
true - i would have made the tackle

Yeah everyone on here would have made the tackle. Just look at all their 1st grade careers. f*cken champions all of them.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
it was under 8's stuff & H e knew it after gifting merrit 30 meters.
Most disgraceful fullback play I have ever seen in my life

Latest posts