What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mateo in secret talks with the Dogs.

Fathead

Bench
Picks up wine again - A nice Cab sav BTW...
I concur .. In my opinion LOL

come on Suity you must admit that you think that Mateo could improve his fitness and be twice the player he is now.

and you too stagger !

Suitman

Post Whore

come on Suity you must admit that you think that Mateo could improve his fitness and be twice the player he is now.

I've already answered that question, but tbh, I don't know for sure.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member

and you too stagger !

sure, atleast 10% better than what we've seen prior to his injury, but ironically I think he had his best game against Manly where he actually sustained the injury...

btw, having a glass of semillion blanc myself and loving it just quietly..

Fathead

Bench
Well thats the Tongan way of looking at things. They are very carefree and failure to understand this is what got Ando in trouble in Auckland.
The problem is that these days, natural talent wont win you premierships. Its great when you are 16 and at school but not in the NRL.
Thats why a love a player like Jason Bateri.
Would only have a fraction of the talent that Mateo has but a heart the size of pharlap.
If the reports are true and only if they are true, then i say see ya mateo.
I personally want players that will eat razor blades and run through brick walls to play for the eels.

grapeape

Juniors
how can any1 question the commitment of these guys? ...

mateo ripped the muscle off the bone, now he cant wait to play again, even offering to play for wenty. THATS COMMITMENT.

you poofs cry if your steak is undercooked.

there is no trouble between mateo and DA.

there was trouble with inu earlier, when i first reported his link to the dogs a couple of months ago.

woddy

Juniors

mateo ripped the muscle off the bone, now he cant wait to play again, even offering to play for wenty. THATS COMMITMENT.

there was trouble with inu earlier, when i first reported his link to the dogs a couple of months ago.[/QUOTE]
WTF? you reported this info to the dogs:crazy:

Last edited:

grapeape

Juniors
good, then we'll expect him to honour his contract at the club and hopefully extend it shortly...;-)

his contract ends at the end of next year, so he will prolly start negotiating in the off-season.

like every other player and human he will take the best offer on the table

strider

Post Whore

there was trouble with inu earlier, when i first reported his link to the dogs a couple of months ago.

hey! I was really looking forward to that steak FFS! it was such a let down :(

strider

Post Whore
i think alot of us don't stop to realise that this isn't just footy for these guys - its their livelyhood

sterlo said on the footyshow last week that the biggest shock for him when he retired from playing was the realisation that sooooo much of his working life was still ahead of him - he did ok after footy cos he is a start guy and a good talker - most footy players don't have that to help em out

i could never blame a footy player for taking the best offer he gets money-wise

Suitman

Post Whore
i could never blame a footy player for taking the best offer he gets money-wise

I could and I couldn't.

The smart one's will actually try and go out and self educate themselves, so they have a career AFTER footy.
The dumb ones wouldn't even think about life after footy. Their whole life is in their own hands. It's up to them all to protect their own futures.

Suity

caylo

Bench
I could and I couldn't.

The smart one's will actually try and go out and self educate themselves, so they have a career AFTER footy.
The dumb ones wouldn't even think about life after footy. Their whole life is in their own hands. It's up to them all to protect their own futures.

Suity

Mate that is like every person, some people are plain stupid and no matter how hard they study it is just not for them. Some players dont havethe ability to become anything more, while others give up a education to concentrate on footy.

Most people will not turn down significant increases in salary for nothing, I personally dont blame Hunt for taking 3.3million dollars over 3 year (only plays 2 mind you) compared to the 1.2 million offered by brisbane. While both are large sums maybe it gives him the chance to play where he wants later in life and not worry to much aboput salary. :p

Latest posts