What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mateo in secret talks with the Dogs.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I'll tell you why Mateo and DA might not see eye-to-eye - defence.

Although Mateo is probably one player that can make up for his lapses with brilliant ballplay, he has been a big goal-line liability.

Remember the "we'd die for these jerseys" or whatever it was he said? The next game he made a half-hearted lunge at someone on our line and they scored. It was embarassing. He talks the talk but doesn't yet know how to walk the walk.

Look how well we have defended lately. Mortimer is a small kid and he is better at on-line defence than Mateo, so that tells you something.

DA won't put up with that crap and Mateo probably got blasted a bit early in the season. Perhaps with the side going how it has been lately he will get better at the Goal line D himself, but if not the relationship between him and coach won't be improving any time soon, especially given the secret meetings.

Mateo might think that the Dogs will be better for him, and maybe Moore will take a different approach to DA, but he certainly won't expect any less commitment on their line.

murraymob

Coach
those rules mean nothing.It just means club official can not approach players but all clubs use friends of the club to talk to players has always been done

hindy111

Post Whore
I would keep mateo at all costs
we need a ball playing forward-last year he was on the cusp of origin.you can always buy a hard running forward but guys like feleti are rare as hell............
Id be guted if he left

Fee

Juniors
I really like Feleti and think that he could be one of our great players, but if he isnt happy at Parra then there is no point him being here, unhappiness would lead to bad play and would be no good to him or Parra. I would love not to lose him but no one player is bigger than our club.

bradeel

Juniors
Not the first time in Mateo's time at Parra that he has a boo hoo getting on with the coach and if you do the maths its a no brainer. Struggle with Brian Smith and Daniel Anderson but gets on with Michael Hagan?

See ya Feleti...

El Diablo

Post Whore
I really like Feleti and think that he could be one of our great players, but if he isnt happy at Parra then there is no point him being here, unhappiness would lead to bad play and would be no good to him or Parra. I would love not to lose him but no one player is bigger than our club.

i think it's the coach, not Parra

same as when Anderson buggered the Warriors

bradeel

Juniors
i think it's the coach, not Parra

same as when Anderson buggered the Warriors

buggered them by turning their culture around making them a dominant playing force universally feared throughout the competition and getting them to a Grand Final? I don't mind if Anderson buggers Parra if that's what buggery is nowadays...

If Mateo wants to go I wouldn't release him. Instead I'd tell him that he's contracted to us for next year and that he will see out that contract and not be offered an extension.

I'd tell him that that's the end of it, walk away and not mention it again.

mickdo

Coach
If Mateo wants to go I wouldn't release him. Instead I'd tell him that he's contracted to us for next year and that he will see out that contract and not be offered an extension.

I'd tell him that that's the end of it, walk away and not mention it again.

I'm with you on this one HJ

caylo

Bench
If Mateo wants to leave I would want to know why and maybe work it out... people can have problems and he is the type of player I want at parramatta. He is a good honest and well spoken player and if you can try to fix a problem (assuming there is one) then that can be the best senario.

Raudonikis

Juniors
HJ i think its a beat up,but agree if he dont want to stay let him go AFTER his contracts done.Then again we have very intelligent people on here saying things like Mateo is over rated and lowrie is a better option..it amazes me, the intelligence that that this forum exudes(spelling after 10 schooners)? is mind blowing.

El Diablo

Post Whore
You really have a thing for DA,you blame the coach not the player. you need to wake up to yourself/seriously

i'm going off what happened at the Warriors and it seems so far the only players that the press have reported about DA having problems with are Fui, Feleti and Inu

fish eel

Immortal
i'm going off what happened at the Warriors and it seems so far the only players that the press have reported about DA having problems with are Fui, Feleti and Inu

Anderson has been very complimentary in press conferences about both Fui and Inu in some media conferences recently.

Anderson is the boss. If Feleti wants to move on because he doesnt like him so be it. The club is bigger than one player, and if Feleti wants out everytime he doesnt like a coach he'll have more clubs than Terry Hill.

Kornstar

Coach

Maybe they are the laziest trainers with the worst attitudes?

bartman

Immortal
Fui has never looked fitter. Or played better. The only problem was his end of season trip and getting back on time.

Hayne is playing out of his skin, and Joe G has had a great season and would happily stay at Parra if he can't get more $ at Manly.

So I don't think there's anything about DA and polynesian players to worry about. Those on the outer have included Cordoba and Oake...

Inu has obviously been having some personal motivation problems most of the year.

Feleti has had injuries this season, and DA has been onto him about his weight. Trying to bring out the best in him. Maybe he sees himself as a #6, but sizewise DA sees him only as a skilled #13 (who could potentially be the best 13 in the comp)?

It's up to Mateo if he responds positively, or if he decides to look elsewhere.