What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Bowen is underrated

Shorty

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Hunt has been injured...
Every time Lockyer has been out?
Again,would you expect him to carry the load of the team and blame him for losses?

LOL,that's not 100 kg bluesbreaker.

bluesbreaker

Bench
I should've said 'about' a 100 kilo. assuming the bar is 10, it looks like 130 all up. That's ok, not great (better than I can do) but it's pretty piss poor for a firstgrade football player. Speaking of piss poor, the cowboys strength trainer should teach Jason Smith how to bench press properly, he may be able to do more than 90kg that way.

Shorty

Staff member
bluesbreaker said:
I should've said 'about' a 100 kilo. assuming the bar is 10, it looks like 130 all up. That's ok, not great (better than I can do) but it's pretty piss poor for a firstgrade football player.
Well who knows,the weights appear to be different colours which means they're probably all different weights.
But you can see Matty's upper body strength has improved with all the try saving tackles his made this year.
bluesbreaker said:
Speaking of piss poor, the cowboys strength trainer should teach Jason Smith how to bench press properly, he may be able to do more than 90kg that way.
I'd say Jason needs less if he's arching his back:lol:
It is funny that the trainer is just standing there! Perhaps we should have Billy back!

bluesbreaker

Bench
Shorty said:
I'd say Jason needs less if he's arching his back:lol:
It is funny that the trainer is just standing there! Perhaps we should have Billy back!

What you can't see in the photo is the trainer tantalizing Smith with a pack of rollies, White Ox and a warm longneck of Tooheys Red. No wonder he's straining so hard.

kooriguy

Juniors
not only is he the best fullback in the comp atm.. bowen is the best fullback i have ever had the privelige to see play, different style to lockyer and mini, but definetly rate him higher then those two.

furthermore, bowen is a solid defender.. no other fullback going around would have pulled off that trysaver on gasnier he did against dragons.

bluesbreaker

Bench
On the actual topic, bowen is brilliant but prone to fairly large f**k-ups when the pressure is on. So was Locky and Mini though.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Shorty said:
Every time Lockyer has been out?
Again,would you expect him to carry the load of the team and blame him for losses?

LOL,that's not 100 kg bluesbreaker.

Well hunt is only 20..and considering Lockyer hasn't missed much footy until he did his knee it is a fair comment. This was his first injury and Hunt is injured as well. Who knows if Hunt would have won those matches.

Shorty

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Well hunt is only 20..and considering Lockyer hasn't missed much footy until he did his knee it is a fair comment. This was his first injury and Hunt is injured as well. Who knows if Hunt would have won those matches.
:roll::roll:
Back pedaling.
Would you expect Hunt to take all the load of Lockyer???
Would he be the reason the Broncos lose all those games,the sole reason?
Because this is what you're expecting of Bowen and considering it appears you blame him every game we lose,speak up!

Latest posts