What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
He's not our problem. He's the opposite.
Agree..

Before he made the grade, so many on here were calling for him to be included as he was the saviour of our club..

He had a couple of issues he is working on but suddenly everyone wants to discard him (needless to say if we did get rid of him, most clubs would find a way to include him in their team)

Will be interesting to see what happens on here if lomax has a bad couple of games.............

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Blimey. We massively overachieved to get top eight and win a semi final. Our threequarter line comprised planks and pensioners, we had Mann coming off the bench as a power forward and we were coached by an idiot. You can't under estimate the difference Dufty made to our offence. We haven't had a player who could score the tries he scored against the Scum at Scum Park or against Canberra to win the game since Soward and Dufty does it more often. He's shaky under the high ball. You don't want to leave him one on one against a player with 40-50 kilos on him. A proper coach would game plan for that and turn him into a 16 try a season fullback who takes 1-2 defenders out of the play on every backline sweep.

He's not our problem. He's the opposite.
Our biggest issue is idiots running the show.Let's hope it changes but hey they've all been here for years already

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Agree..

Before he made the grade, so many on here were calling for him to be included as he was the saviour of our club..

He had a couple of issues he is working on but suddenly everyone wants to discard him (needless to say if we did get rid of him, most clubs would find a way to include him in their team)

Will be interesting to see what happens on here if lomax has a bad couple of games.............
Lucky for Lomax I don't think he has too many bad games in him.....us too

getsmarty

Immortal
I have no problem giving him another year. My main problem is other teams sorted him out immediately, which I predicted. If he went to another club I cannot see him in their starting 13. Fair?

Incorrect..at least two clubs wanted him for 1st grade fullback spot...and from what I've heard there are others interested since then...That's all I will say.

Drag Queen

Bench
Look back at Billy 7 or 8 years ago and he was very slight of build. Billy built his body up over time, and Dufty is ahead of him in that regard.
No he isn't. As much as everyone hates Slater he is, and was, light years ahead of Dufty at that age. He had the mongrel in him from an early age. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Crush

Coach
Agree..

Ive already called it, it won't be long before a thread will be started "slowmax"

possm

Coach
Ive already called it, it won't be long before a thread will be started "slowmax"

I'm sure players sprint times are kept by our coaching staff. Why is it that these stats are not included in player profiles?

I'm of the opinion that Lomax's speed is right up there with the rest but cannot find and data to prove or disprove it.

TruSaint

Referee
7-8 years ago Slater was in his late 20's mate.

Yeah, the comparison is wrong.

Slater started representing State in 2004 ( age 21 ), and COUNTRY in 2008 at age 25.

His first year in grade was 2003 , 1 year before he made the SOO side.

I am all for giving Matt Dufty a fair go, but to suggest he is ahead of Slater at the same stage is farcical.

From 2004-2018, Slater played for Qld.. Thats from 21 years of age until his retirement.

Matt "may" make it as a good FB, time will tell. I have my doubts but will be happy to be wrong.. Comparing him to Slater NOW ... lol

Souce

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Slater

Latest posts