What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Perfect outcome for us if it were to occur but I've long suspected he will end up in England.
100%, he would score a bunch of tries and likely win the man of steel award. His defence will still remain the issue however and this is why he is not in the top 4 or 5 fullbacks. I read somewhere in the Sloan article what Griffin told him, which is why Dufty is gone. 'If you are playing number 1 under Griffin you need to be a great defender'.

slippery5

Juniors
He was never going to make an attempt to tackle him & showed his hand early setting himself for the intercept.
His decision to always go for the intercept & never brave enough to whack the ball carrier, is something I always go on about, it was amplified here & nothing has changed since........................that lack of skill ( guts) is enough to say "see ya layta". In my books that would be enough to put a red pen through him if I was picking a player.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
His decision to always go for the intercept & never brave enough to whack the ball carrier, is something I always go on about, it was amplified here & nothing has changes since........................that lack of skill ( guts) is enough to say "see ya layta". In my books that would be enough to put a red pen through him if I was picking a player.
Exactly
For those that remember Graeme “wombat” Eddie, he always smashed the one with the ball in hands whether they passed or not.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Don’t kid yourself some of even their 1st grade youth is some of the best in the comp
Their spine combo is their problem and has been for years
They have let go some good young players too That they should not have
Like us their board and recruitment people lost the plot and are to blame
wasn’t all Siebold’s fault as everyone made out
It might be the second Brisbane team will be the best thing that's happened to them for a while. What other club in the NRL has an "Old Boys" organisation interfering in the background ? Many problems up there but being a one city team along with too much scrutiny from the wrong places is certainly one of them.

BLM01

First Grade
He chased and brought down a rampaging RTS only to skip to his feet and ensure he was in position to field the grubber… at a critical point in the game. He set up the try to turn things our way. He did good.
Except on their 2nd try 1st half he should of tried to get under the defender not throw his body over the top
Not his fault the try was scored but those are the effort things you need from your fullback

BLM01

First Grade
Was Dufty’s best effort in defence

Looks like he is finally learning from some of his previous experiences
Because he is still marketing himself. He should do it for the club and himself
The halves and Dufty need to work on their inside sneaky plays more.
Dufty caught the ball a few times flat footed, had he been timing to burst on to the ball we could of split them open a few times

Illusion

Bench
Won't be staying....move on..
I know that , but it would make sense to me to make him an offer ..... So he is ok to play out the year because Hook wants his strongest team on the field because he wants to make the 8 ...... and they still cant use him next year ......

rasaint

Juniors
Dufty rarely misses a one on one tackle in open field. RTS had The break and a full head of steam. Dufty chased and caught him and within 10 metres.

Both Dufty’s sublime passes for Beale to cross over were perfect. Poor decision to disallow the 1 st due to a touch judge apparently. A beautiful flat ball backwards out of the hand right onto Beale’s chest.

possm

Coach
I'd say Dufty will be off to the ESL (St Helens) at season's end. Another game that he played well within himself on Friday night.