What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

Illusion

Bench
If Dufty were playing like he is at another club we'd all be screaming to get him into the Red V. FFS do NOT let this bloke even sniff any offer from another club, wrap him up now.

Imagine the sickly feeling if we heard he'd been signed up by the Sharks, Roosters or Broncos.
Exactly this .... the bloke has X Factor written all over him .... needs to be somewhere in the team wether it's fullback or coming off the bench ....

Maddragon99

Juniors
I think there’s a dilemma at the club, Dufty & Norman are both playing well but there’s only enough money to keep one of them. I think Hook will let this run deep into the season & see what happens.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I think there’s a dilemma at the club, Dufty & Norman are both playing well but there’s only enough money to keep one of them. I think Hook will let this run deep into the season & see what happens.
that would be an easy call to make imo, Norman has been good the last couple of weeks but he hasn't got that Rava pass Dufty did on Sunday in him.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
This is where having a thunderdome would come in handy..

Gareth67

First Grade
Ok lets look at it this way if he didn't play on the weekend do we win .... ? Who scores those tries .... and who sets up the other two ..... ? I cant see who could have done what he did .....

Honestly we need to be stating the discussions now and look to lock him up for 2 more years.

Agree gents , his attack rocked the Eels back on their tails and the Dragons should not be wasting any more time in securing his services for another 3 years .

I do however see Griffins motives here , he quite simply wants Duffy to become the complete package at fullback, not only his tremendous attacking ability , but also to become competent under the high ball and his positional play as the last line of defense .

Still if they delay too long , then they may come to regret it as there are plenty of clubs who will pounce on him - Craig Fitzgibbons Sharks for instance ?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Ok lets look at it this way if he didn't play on the weekend do we win .... ? Who scores those tries .... and who sets up the other two ..... ? I cant see who could have done what he did .....
We could have brought up the u17 fullback as he’s better than dufty, Ramsay, Sloan & Edmondson combined..

SnowDragon

Juniors
Dufty has been progressing for a while, but definitely seems to have jumped to a new level under Hook.

At the beginning of the year, I agreed with Hook to hold off and see how he goes, knowing we have younger guys that could progress. To some extent that still holds, but I must admit, I think Dufty is far above anyone else we have, and potentially as good as anyone. His body is just coming into its own physically (he isn't rag dolled anymore than pap and teddy these days), and his smarts are really on the rise. Guys like Ramsey are great, but not necessarily ready atm (and he is developing great on the wing).

All said, I hope they resign him, but leave the decision to Hook who has my trust for some time considering what he has done so far.

Crush

Coach
I reckon Dufty’s career is really just getting started. He is going to go to that next level. If we don’t sign him up shortly he will be snapped up by another club, probably the Sharks.
I’d be locking him up for the next 2 years now.

Dragsters

First Grade
I reckon Dufty’s career is really just getting started. He is going to go to that next level. If we don’t sign him up shortly he will be snapped up by another club, probably the Sharks.
I’d be locking him up for the next 2 years now.

Yep, just lock him up now before we get into a bidding war...

getsmarty

Immortal
You get the impression Hook isn’t sold on Dufty. Ramsey was extended weeks yet there’s no rush to even talk to Dufty.

Red-hot Dragons star ‘touch and go’ on new deal; path cleared for Fifita’s NRL exit: Transfer Whispers
c8ba9fae881228d625528f75b4aa4a11

Mathew Dufty has revealed there has been little movement on a new Dragons deal.
Matty Dufty has been in red-hot form this season, but that doesn’t mean the Dragons are in any rush to table a new deal.

The fullback entered the 2021 as one of a number of players with a new contract for 2022 and knowing he would need to impress new coach Anthony Griffin.

The 25-year-old has responded with some scintillating performances including a try and two try assists in the Dragons’ ambush of the high-flying Eels at BankWest Stadium in round five.

Dufty, however, revealed little progress had been made on a new Dragons deal.

“It’s a touch and go thing at the moment,” Dufty said on Triple M’s Rush Hour.

“It’s pretty slow. But it’s definitely on my mind. It’s a big season for myself and for my future.

Watch The 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership Live & On-Demand with No Ad-Breaks During Play. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >

placeholder.jpg

MORE NRL NEWS

‘DECEITFUL LIARS’: John Morris’ mum slams Sharks over ‘disgusting’ axing of coach

PRESSURE GAUGE: Kevvie falling into Seibold trap; Madge back to square one

“It’s something I’m trying to keep in the background and not let it dictate my form.”

Griffin, meanwhile, says Dufty still has more improvement to do.

“He’s good, he’s been improving (but) he needs to,” Griffin said after the win over Parramatta.

“He’s a really good kid and he’s learning the fine arts of playing fullback in tight football games, like he did tonight.

“He needs to keep improving to unlock his potential.

“That’s the challenge with a lot of us. He’s always been great with the ball, that’s never been a question, it’s about mastering his craft as a fullback at this level.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/570b3c60485929a6f58a1b350e2510b7

P.S Thanks for Posting.