What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Elliot gone!?

*Sandy*

First Grade
Coastal Panther said:
Iwas of the opinion that the front office makes a lot of decisions independently.

Certainly the decision on what to offer a player would not be a decision the coach has any say in. If the coach does have a say, then the club is in worse straights than I thought. Surely someone with some more financial/statistical background should be making those decisions.

In saying that, if Elliot was behind letting Gower and setting a reasonable cap on what we offered Wallace, I am cool with that as well.

Every coach would have the "ball park" knowledge of a players worth.

The number crunching would be left to the front office.

To me, we would be in a world of trouble if it was left up to the Front Office to determine our player roster.

Obviously you are a fan of Elliott, but you can't justify the last two seasons to me. I won't turn.

Last edited:

lsta5838

Juniors
Elliott stays. The person who 'leaked' the fact he was going to be fired, should in fact be fired from the club. We do not need that rubbish going on.

In other news, it is highly doubtful that Franky Pritchard will be part of the Panthers next year, and Petro may be on his way out too.

bigfoot

Juniors
Bigfoot I believe alot of the issues you raise with regards to how this has been handled and how we've presented ourselves to the media on the issue comes down to a very simple fact.

The board is devided on the future of Matt Elliott. If it wasn't we would have had a decision yesterday instead of this ongoing circus.

My read of the situation is this. Walsh was telling the truth as he knew when a) he said the board hadn't discussed the issue and b) when he said Matt Elliott would be our coach next year because on an official level the issue hadn't even been approached.

Obviously however there has been some cloack and daggers stuff going on behind the backs of the likes of Walsh and Brandy to see Matt Elliotts tenure as coach ended. It would be those people from which all the rumours and innuendo are coming from and who have made Brandy and Walsh look like fools for saying that nothing was doing with regards to Elliot being under pressure.

Regardless of whether Elliott is shown the door or not you can guarantee there will be changes in coaching staff at Penrith. In fact the Hearld is reporting one member of the coaching staff was given his marching orders last week.

Oh and apparently Matt Adamsons relationship with the players features heavily in Leary's season review to the board.

Coming back to this, thanks alot for your comments. :)
I had my facts mixed up, as I expected I did. I also probably made assumptions that I shouldn't have.
Regardless of everything, I hope the situation is over soon with a decision made one way or the other (personally I hope is Elliott released) so that the whole media situation etc is put to rest and we can concentrate more on the team we love, rather than rumours, speculation and negative media attention.

bigfoot

Juniors
Elliott stays. The person who 'leaked' the fact he was going to be fired, should in fact be fired from the club. We do not need that rubbish going on.

In other news, it is highly doubtful that Franky Pritchard will be part of the Panthers next year, and Petro may be on his way out too.

Source? :?

murraymob

Coach
i just heard the same thing on fox sports reported by russell faifax.Elliott to stay pritchard unlikely to be there next year.They said petro spoke up for elliott at the meeting

Tommax25

Bench
he's been retained. Unbelievable. If he had a requirement stating he can only pick from a certain pool of players for particular positions it wouldn't be so bad. Something like he must pick this team unless there is injuries/suspensions:

Coote
Tighe
Jennings
Blair
Gordon
Sammut
Graham
Petero
Masada
Grant
pritchard/Panese
Waterhouse
Lewis

Aiton
Woolnough
Panese/Paulo
Paulo/Bell/Smith

mxlegend99

Referee
i just heard the same thing on fox sports reported by russell faifax.Elliott to stay pritchard unlikely to be there next year.They said petro spoke up for elliott at the meeting
That saved me some money. I'm not buying one of their memberships for 2009. This club is a joke.

Caged Panther

First Grade
he's been retained. Unbelievable. If he had a requirement stating he can only pick from a certain pool of players for particular positions it wouldn't be so bad. Something like he must pick this team unless there is injuries/suspensions:

You could never employ a coach under those conditions.

Seems there are (as yet unsubstantiated reports) Elliott has been retained, I thought as much when he wasn't given the punt yesterday.

I'm extremely dissapointed. And um yeah. Not much more to say.

bigfoot

Juniors
No statement on PI yet.
If Elliott stays I think we can kiss this club goodbye...
Or at the very least, Season 2009...
:x:(

murraymob

Coach
well elliott has told fairfax `on fox he has the job for now.As usull penrith word it so it means nothing.Faifax is saying he is at penrith now and the rumours are pritchard will not be there next year and possibly petro as well.He is waiting at the door for board members to leave to get there answers

*Sandy*

First Grade
Well if any of this is true, there are going to be a lot of angry supporters.

And they have made MG and Girds job as pushing for more football membership VERY hard.

Any season ticket holder who has attended most or all home games would have noticed the increasing empty seats as the season wore on.

They better have a very good explaination if any of this is true.

bigfoot

Juniors
I'm still praying that Elliott has not been retained until an official statement from the club... :(

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
You are all too harsh on Elliot.

He has a highly structured game plan that would be effective but the players are just too dumb to follow it.

They should take a leaf out of the movie "Army Intelligence" and get someone in there to teach these "Double D's" how to comprehend.

Latest posts