What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt King calls Simpkins a DICKHEAD!!

Mr Saab

Referee
Hollow my butt.
I guess the storms win in 1999 was hollow?
1995 the dogs win was hollow with a 7th tackle try and a 2m forward pass.

Record books show 2006..Broncos

Brutus

Referee
Big Pete said:
Laurie basically agrees with Warren Smith on everything.

You obviously don't watch it enough to come up with that comment. Laurie and Warren have had some ding dong battles on that show.

And yes in 50 years it will still read 15-8 to the Broncos, but it will always be known as the 'referee' grand final.

Mr Saab

Referee
1997 has a * next to it
What will 2006 have next to it?
What will 2000 have...it was a poor spectacle many have said.

Brutus

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Hollow my butt.
I guess the storms win in 1999 was hollow?
1995 the dogs win was hollow with a 7th tackle try and a 2m forward pass.

Record books show 2006..Broncos

How could 1999 be hollow? Most people agreed with the penalty try ruling. The only way Ainscough could have stopped Smith scoring was to virtually decapitate him.

juanfarkall

Coach
I watched on NRL scoreboard and unless they doctored the footage, no try was awarded.

Thus it was NOT a try.

BTW that homeless man with a moustache scares me.

Mr Saab

Referee
Brutus said:
I lost nothing, just my faith in match officials.

Find me a sport with perfect officials.
I watch alot of sport and i am yet to find a sport with perfect officials.

Brutus

Referee
salivor said:
So basically you've let somebody else make up your opinion for you? It's ok, not everybody has the privallige of having a mind of their own.

No, just watched the slowed down and clear footage shown and it's clearly a try. I'm basing my opinions on the footage shown and it just happens that the entire panel came up with the same conclusion. I don't know what footage Harrigan saw on the night, but had he seen what was shown on NRL scoreboard surely the try would have been awarded.

People seem to forget that this was a grand final, not just a regualr premiership encounter or an Amco Cup match between Port Morsbey and NSW Country.

Brutus

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Find me a sport with perfect officials.
I watch alot of sport and i am yet to find a sport with perfect officials.

When they have video replays right in front of them as Ward and Harrigan did, I expect better, particularly in a GF. They only looked at the Hoffman incident twice...pathetic.

Mr Saab

Referee
In America they had the video review system for the NFL...they had major dramas with it and got rid of it. In recent times they brought it back and it is still not pefect....why? Because humans control it and still make judgements based on the vision.

Winston Smith

Juniors
Brutus said:
When they have video replays right in front of them as Ward and Harrigan did, I expect better, particularly in a GF. They only looked at the Hoffman incident twice...pathetic.

I can't think how they got it wrong so quickly. My guess is that they had flicked over to Aus Idol when it was happening.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
^^^ Thanks for getting us back on topic. Quite a deserved fine if he cops it. It doesn't even matter if it was a try or no try. He needs to learn to watch his mouth. The whole debate over the video ref decision and the momentum of the game is completely beside the point. I can't believe some of the sore losers here actually condone his actions. Pathetic.

Steelers4eva

Juniors
taxidriver said:
matt king looking at a 10k fine for his comments

Hang on a sec, let me get this right..

In a public and premeditated attack on a referee, quite a while after the event, King calls a ref a dickehead and looks like getting a $10k fine.

Joey Johns, in the heat of a battle, give the officials a spray which in all reality should only be heard by very few (CH9's microphones should not be used to evesdrop discussions on the field IMHO), and they give him a rest for a couple of weeks.

And the consistency is where???????:roll:

HevyDevy

Coach
Frank_Grimes said:
^^^ Thanks for getting us back on topic. Quite a deserved fine if he cops it. It doesn't even matter if it was a try or no try. He needs to learn to watch his mouth. The whole debate over the video ref decision and the momentum of the game is completely beside the point. I can't believe some of the sore losers here actually condone his actions. Pathetic.

Seriously, you've got to take into account the fact that he was OFF HIS TITS when he said it. If the Storm want their players to talk to the public on Mad Monday, so be it. The club should be responsible for whatever piece of gibberish is said.

The Brain

Juniors
Matt king only said what probably a million other people said .
Simpkins reffeeing was the worst I had ever seen since Hartley in the 70's =terrible
Have a look at it like this the ref make 4 blunders giving posession to broncos the ref gives the 3 shots at goals melbourne kick off 3 times from the blunders and goals so Brisbane get 11 sets of sixes given to them not counting twice the ref missing 2 blatant knock ons by Brisbane.
Melbournje did not play bad they were not aloud to play good by the refs calls.
They really should go out and make their own premiership rings and screw the NRL.

JJ

Immortal
Simpkins had a poor game, and so did the video ref.

I was surprised at how restrained the reaction was - Melbourne certainly weren't at their best, but they didn't get a fair go IMO

Latest posts