What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt King calls Simpkins a DICKHEAD!!

Brutus

Referee
Big Pete said:
Brutus give yourself a triple.

Hoffman touched the ball with a part of his fore-arm. No try. Should've been a double knock on.

The strip was still technically a strip because Berrigan still had a grip on the ball. It's a bad rule and one that should be looked at but it's in the rule book.

Berrigan had contact made on the head, instant penalty. Unlucky one, but again it's in the rule book.

Slater throws a forwardish pass, Hodges touches it and it appeared to touch Geyer as well. Broncos feed, justice to the Broncos for the Slater pass.

Only bad call was the sheppard, that was all, the rest were 50/50 or Stupid Rules and it cost them. IMO the entire ref system needs to be looked at and changed to fix a few things and make the games better.

Why bother answering a one-eyed Broncos supporter.

Obviously you didn't watch NRL Scoreboard last night. The panel were absolutley miffed how King wasn't awarded a try. The ball bounced from Hodges' left hand on to his right hand then on to his chin then on to Hoffman's head. No contact with Hoffman's arm at all. 100 percent. The Berrigan sheppard was a disgrace and the Broncos added two points from it then from the kick-off scored on the last tackle.

Most hollow GF victory ever.

juanfarkall

Coach
Brutus said:
So is diabolical refereeing in a grand final that allows a 100percent no try to be scored amongst 4 or so other crucial decisions which led to Broncos' points.

The most hollow grand final victory ever.

14-all with 10 to go - I'll back the Storm any day of the week.

A bit of a hollow arguement really.

Would you care for some cheese with that whine ?

Nullajet

Juniors
how do you claim berrigan still has hold of the ball while its balancing on his shoulder/back of bicep????

see what you want to see so you dont have to admit melb got screwed in the decision dept.

Big Pete

Referee
NRL Scoreboard were a bunch of nuffies. Warren Smith has NFI and IMO is the most annoying League commentator I've ver heard.

Gary Freeman is right up there with Marion Fenech in terms of League Knowledge.

Laurie basically agrees with Warren Smith on everything.

Greg Alexander also comes out with some weird ones.

Besides their 4 people, I can easily get 5 people who believe it was a no try, does that mean I have a better argument ,no it doesn't. Facts are the better team won though and in 50 years time it's still going to read 15-8 Brisbane Broncos > Melbourne Storm.

Brutus

Referee
Anyway well done Matt King for telling it how it with regards to Simpkins - the one grand final wonder.

Big Pete

Referee
He was losing control, but he still had some handle on the ball. It's just a bad rule and it's unfair to Slater, but he still technically stripped it.

Brutus

Referee
Nullajet said:
how do you claim berrigan still has hold of the ball while its balancing on his shoulder/back of bicep????

see what you want to see so you dont have to admit melb got screwed in the decision dept.

One-eyed Broncos supporter, take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

Can you imagine the out-cry if these decisions happened in reverse?

I remember a day when the Broncos used to have legit claims about refereeing. These days they are getting GF's handed to them on platters.

How times have changed.

Big Pete

Referee
You obviously havn't been reading posts regarding the 2002 Prelim final then have you Brutus?

Brutus

Referee
Big Pete said:
He was losing control, but he still had some handle on the ball. It's just a bad rule and it's unfair to Slater, but he still technically stripped it.

rub ish.

Broncos fans will just lap up the bullsh*t spin from Harrigan as gospel.

The Storm could have scored up the other end.

Another rort.

juanfarkall

Coach
Brutus said:
Anyway well done Matt King for telling it how it with regards to Simpkins - the one grand final wonder.

which one is the one grand final wonder ?

King or Simpkins ?

King has been a all class this year..... NOT.

Brutus

Referee
Big Pete said:
You obviously havn't been reading posts regarding the 2002 Prelim final then have you Brutus?

No. Look mate I have nothing against the Broncos, but I do have a gripe against pathetic one-sided refereeing in big games. Had the show been on the other foot, I'd be sticking up for the Broncos.

As I said before the Broncos used to get rorted by referees in the late 80's and early 90's.

juanfarkall

Coach
Brutus said:
Fair play dude obviously you have never heard of it.

Oh but Karma hey :crazy:

Fair play would also mean copping it on the chin and getting on with life rather than bitching like a child.

Big Pete

Referee
Bahaha Storm could've scored? The whistle was blown before Slater even started roaming out into the edge. Geez, it's like people getting angry over the Stagg tackle that occured within a minute of half time. It should've been a Storm penalty but really what could of they done?

Bahaha Brutus lap it up.

15-8 Broncos are the champions, best team in the competition again and you can't stomach it. :D:D:D

Brutus

Referee
juanfarkall said:
which one is the one grand final wonder ?

King or Simpkins ?

King has been a all class this year..... NOT.

Simpkins - done his dash... see ya champ.

Hope you enjoy watching King rack up another Test appearance during the Tri Nations.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
Frank_Grimes said:
This is so funny. So many losers with bitter little agendas trying to cheapen a victory that was just that. A victory. The better team won on the night. I'm just about convinced now that Nullajet was merely channel surfing on Sunday night and just happened across the GF just as Matt King clutched a knocked on ball and planted it in goal.

It's so funny to hear idiots claiming that had Matt King been awarded that try, Melbourne would have suddenly pulled themselves out of the predictable style of football they were playing all night. Suddenly Greg Inglis would fool Shaun Berrigan (who had been on him like white on rice all night). Suddenly Cameron Smith's rib would heal itself and he would make some more of those trademark dummy half runs he had been busting all night. Suddenly Matt Geyer would start landing his passes and hanging onto the ball. Suddenly Scott Hill wouldn't look so shaky under the high ball.

Hell we even saw one of these momentum turning moments when David Kidwell knocked big Petero on his bum (and props to Kidwell for the hit too, as I can't remember anyone dazing Petero like that). That shot fired the whole team up, and what did they achieve from it? Well I'll leave that to the scoreboard. The fact remains that the idiots believe Melbourne were denied a chance to compete in the match by ref decisions, when after the first three times they attacked the Brisbane line and came up short, it was abundantly clear that if they continued that way they would deny themselves a chance of competing.

Face it. Brisbane had the Storm's number from the very start. It was only under the high ball that Melbourne looked dangerous at all. To claim that a team was denied a win by a referee, when the said team hardly troubled their opposite defenders for most of the game has to be one of the softest moves you can make. And poor form really.

then what do you call it when someone claims that the storm hardly troubled their opposite defenders for most of the game when they scored the same amount of tries as their opponent, had one legitimate try disallowed and had multiple other dodgy calls?

Brutus

Referee
Big Pete said:
Bahaha Storm could've scored? The whistle was blown before Slater even started roaming out into the edge. Geez, it's like people getting angry over the Stagg tackle that occured within a minute of half time. It should've been a Storm penalty but really what could of they done?

Bahaha Brutus lap it up.

15-8 Broncos are the champions, best team in the competition again and you can't stomach it. :D:D:D

Mate I'll just settle for the King rort. We know there were several others.

14-all with 10 to go - I'll back the Storm every day of the week.