What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Johns sex scandal in 2002

Pass the Ball

Juniors
i certainly don't think Rugby League has a problem worthy of it being sigled out as the bad apple like the ABC have done

The question was fairly simple...

If you don't think there is question about football teams culture, don't watch the show..

If you think there may be, I suggest you give it a go and watch it..

El Diablo

Post Whore
The question was fairly simple...

If you don't think there is question about football teams culture, don't watch the show..

If you think there may be, I suggest you give it a go and watch it..

i've stated on numerous occasions i'll be watching the footy

others can watch the hatchet job. i'm not trying to force people to watch things like Butch

El Diablo

Post Whore
Is that your closing statement, as you have not and are not going to watch the show, it is a little flawed...

hardly

if they thought league wasn't the only code with a problem they would have done one that was on them all

now you will have people thinking League is worse than others and they don't even have to watch the show because of the press it has already generated

eg look at the second most viewed story here

jra6jb.jpg

so you can bet your bottom dollar that people in WA will be thinking all Rugby League players are a bunch of rapist thugs

and we can thank the ABC for that

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Where has there been a mention in any press about tonight's show that they intend to target all footy codes?

Sam I Am

Juniors
Where has there been a mention in any press about tonight's show that they intend to target all footy codes?

It is just a league expose tonight:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/nrl-braces-for-a-bad-news-day-20090511-azev.html

"I don't think anybody would want to make that case," she said. "However, when you listen to people saying, 'Why don't we look at AFL, why don't we look at soccer, why don't we look at this', I think they're defensive mechanisms aimed at diverting attention from this crucial question.
"Are there mothers around the country today looking at rugby league and saying, 'Do I want my son involved in this game, are these attitudes prevalent today, has it changed, are the NRL doing anything to wipe out these attitudes in the sport?' and that is really the question we have to answer."

Pass the Ball

Juniors
How many times has it been quoted on this forum, from the 4 corners show on the ABC about the alleged sexual assaults commited by AFL players...???

That was apparently a great piece, but this one is not...????

Sam I Am

Juniors
How many times has it been quoted on this forum, from the 4 corners show on the ABC about the alleged sexual assaults commited by AFL players...???

Too true. What's good for the goose, as I say, is good for the gander.

If footballers don't want to end up on shows like this, they should think more carefully before they place their penis in a precarious position.

El Diablo

Post Whore

it was on AFL and NRL

i have already posted the transcript that shows this

tonight 4 Corners are having another go at League this time minus any reference to AFL

Pass the Ball

Juniors
Brutus - It is not against Matthew Johns..

It is questioning the culture of binge-drinking and gang-banging amongst football teams...

He has been caught up in it all because he has allegedly been involved in what they are questioning...

There is no conspirisy here..

Blind Freddy

Juniors
If footballers don't want to end up on shows like this, they should think more carefully before they place their penis in a precarious position.

And do what? Take up a vow of celibacy?? #-o

FFS this story is nothing. It's not Mathew Johns' fault the lady in question has had a rethink about how having a consentual gang bang wasn't the best thing to do. Fair enough he done it behind his Mrs' Back and i'm sure he's paid the price for that

Society is going to sh*t if consentual intercourse is now frowned upon. Albeit a gang bang. Which last i checked is perfectly LEGAL!

Sam I Am

Juniors
And do what? Take up a vow of celibacy?? #-o

Nope. Any person is free to do anything they wish, provided it is within the law. Furthermore, the person that they do it with is entitled to talk about it in public. If you don't want to be talked about in public, don't do stuff that people want to talk about.

And if you are married, haven't you already taken a vow to be faithful to your wife? If you choose to break that vow with a handful of your mates and a teenager, that's your problem. You have to deal with the fallout. And it probably doesn't reflect too well on you as a person if that if how, ultimately, you treat your wife.

FFS this story is nothing. It's not Mathew Johns' fault the lady in question has had a rethink about how having a consentual gang bang wasn't the best thing to do. Fair enough he done it behind his Mrs' Back and i'm sure he's paid the price for that
Nothing?

1. It wasn't illegal. The Kiwi cops have said as much again. This much is true. However, if the lady in question wants to talk about it, she has as much right to do so as somebody was to penetrate her consensually.
  2. Fair enough that he did it behind her back? Some would describe that as a "dog act". When that happens in a marriage, I have no doubt that she will never forget it. And if he continues to pay the price for her pain, so be it. Pretty high price to pay for a few minutes (or whatever) of fun, I would've thought. Maybe he should've been thinking with his brain and not his penis.
Society is going to sh*t if consentual intercourse is now frowned upon. Albeit a gang bang. Which last i checked is perfectly LEGAL!
That which is legally right is not necessarily morally right. And I mean morally in the sense of having committed to another, putting aside the virtues or otherwise of group sex for now.

Hypothetical, not accusation: Are you in a relationship? Does your partner need to worry that you are going to get together with a half a dozen mates and screw a random?

Latest posts