What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Johns sex scandal in 2002

Shorty

Staff member
TBH I don't care whether it's AFL, NRL, Rugby Union, Soccer, Basketball, Cricket etc, etc, etc.

The higher the profile the more it's publicised. It doesnt matter what sport they play.

We are in a world of advanced technology.

Personally I am devastated that such a high profile identity of the sport has brought himself into disrepute. This is the shame of it all.

My 14 year old son looked up to this man. Probably still does. Loves his characters and only watches the Footy Show for specifically that. I know he said he can't say sorry enough but it's not enough. Not in a mothers eyes who has to try and explain why.

It kills me to say it but he should be rubbed out all together.
Examples need to be set for those who bring any sport into disrepute. The higher the profile the more so the damage then the higher the penalty for them.

In my opinion it's the only we can teach our younger generation. And then maybe we might start seeing less of these damaging headlines.
Thank god some rare sensible posts in this thread.

Some unfortunately more like most of you are dumber than the footballers that can't keep their d*ck in their pants.

Oh the media this, oh the media that...poor Rugby League getting belted full with agendas.
NEWF**KINGFLASH - If these football players didn't behave like dimwitted nymphos there would be no fuel for the f**king agendas!

As for calling the woman a s**t for apparently taking a part in group sex sessions, what does that make the multiple amount of blokes watching and jerking off?

F**king neanderthals - And you people wonder why our game is suffering.

Because she is terrible.
Get glasses.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Are you going to be on 4 Corners tonight? Even though, I hope, you are joking, this misogyny is most likely the very attitude being dissected in tonight's program.

But what about recent evidence studies that show women like being biten & punched in the face ?

God-King Dean

Immortal
As for calling the woman a s**t for apparently taking a part in group sex sessions, what does that make the multiple amount of blokes watching and jerking off?

True, but no man would be insulted so therefore it never gets used.

Would you call a women a neanderthal ?

Shorty

Staff member
True, but no man would be insulted so therefore it never gets used.
What to be called a s**t?
That term is rarely used, because due to society it's inappropriate to put down a male for having multiple partners and having promiscuous sex.

As it is, few have pointed out that Matt Johns not only participated in group sex in front of other team mates but had a wife and children when doing so...yet 's**t, trollop, bag' whatever is rampant...
Would you call a women a neanderthal ?
Why?
This is irrelevent, if a woman had done similar then yes.

4 women who may or may not be teeling the truth mean group sex is ingrained in league :?

if a sheila wants to get gang banged it aint illegal

4 women are being shown as examples. There are probably more.

Your argument here is about as logical as saying because Todd Carney likes to piss on guys all league players are gay golden shower lovers.

I clicked on the link you provided and there is indeed a lot about AFL players. They also mention the Bulldogs in the introduction and mention two cases involving sexual assualt which I am theorising is the one involving the AFL guys and the Bulldogs.

You can't have it both ways El. You can't claim four corners to be trash when talking about NRL players yets furiously whack off over details of AFL players misconduct and use the programs transcripts as evidence of AFL players bad behavior. Which is it, is the program trash or not.

All of this is smoke and mirrors. Keep slinging the mud El. All of this has nothing to do with the events in NZ with the Sharks players.

There were actually 2 AFL cases, one I think involved the Brisbane Lions on a pre-season/end of season trip to London, the other happened in Adelaide. I think the Bulldogs only got a mention in this story because the events were unfolding at the same time as 4 Corners were running the AFL story - it made sense to tie the 2 together.

how have they decided?

they've done a story specifically on Rugby League

the fact iit is solely on Rugby League and it's players means they have no dramas with any other code

No it doesn't. It just means that now they decided to focus on rugby league - they may well have another crack at AFL some other time. The show is only 50 mins long. They can't really have a 5 hour expose of everything any footy players ever did wrong.

The choice of RL is probably as much due to the willingness of the woman involved to speak out, plus the NRL having made statements about their efforts to improve the culture - which gives 4 Corners a benchmark to test the NRL's claims against.

El Diablo

Post Whore
No it doesn't. It just means that now they decided to focus on rugby league - they may well have another crack at AFL some other time. The show is only 50 mins long. They can't really have a 5 hour expose of everything any footy players ever did wrong.

rubbish

last time they did one on AFL it included Rugby League

they have never done an episode that solely focuses on AFL

El Diablo

Post Whore
I tell you what...After some of us actually watch the program, we can tell you if they mentioned AFL...

the bird who is doing the show has already said it's only on Rugby League. she said it in print and on the Radio

Ferguson said she had been asked by people within the game why league was being singled out and she admitted that the other codes had similar issues.

"I don't think anybody would want to make that case," she said. "However, when you listen to people saying, 'Why don't we look at AFL, why don't we look at soccer, why don't we look at this', I think they're defensive mechanisms aimed at diverting attention from this crucial question.

"Are there mothers around the country today looking at rugby league and saying, 'Do I want my son involved in this game, are these attitudes prevalent today, has it changed, are the NRL doing anything to wipe out these attitudes in the sport?' and that is really the question we have to answer."
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqnews/nrl-braces-for-a-bad-news-day/2009/05/10/1241893849333.html

t1tan

Juniors
Thank god some rare sensible posts in this thread.

Some unfortunately more like most of you are dumber than the footballers that can't keep their d*ck in their pants.

Oh the media this, oh the media that...poor Rugby League getting belted full with agendas.
NEWF**KINGFLASH - If these football players didn't behave like dimwitted nymphos there would be no fuel for the f**king agendas!

F**king neanderthals - And you people wonder why our game is suffering.

Get glasses.
Oh,so you think he should lose his job for something he did 7 yrs ago?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Question, would anyone on here like their sex life publicised, presuming they'd done nothing criminal?

Seriously, would you? And would you think it's anyone elses business but you and the person/s you did it with?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Question, would anyone on here like their sex life publicised, presuming they'd done nothing criminal?

Seriously, would you? And would you think it's anyone elses business but you and the person/s you did it with?

Of course not but that is life for celebrities.

Latest posts