What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Johns sex scandal in 2002

Buckshot

Juniors
Amazing that Fatty Vautin didn't start the footy show on Thurs with one of his melodramatic pleas for people in the game to clean up their act because they were devaluing the games image like he did a couple of weeks running when players were in the headlines.

Hypocritical scum .

It doesn't matter if the John's incident happened 7 years ago or if he was innocent or guilty, in the public eye it's just another "animal act'' by a leaguie .

Even worse that he is used as a poster child by the NRL on occassion .

Pass the Ball

Juniors
The MO appears to be, get the female drunk, get her to have consensual sex with one player, then it is a free-for-all...

"We are football players you know"...

Apey

Staff member
Amazing that Fatty Vautin didn't start the footy show on Thurs with one of his melodramatic pleas for people in the game to clean up their act because they were devaluing the games image like he did a couple of weeks running when players were in the headlines.

Hypocritical scum .

It doesn't matter if the John's incident happened 7 years ago or if he was innocent or guilty, in the public eye it's just another "animal act'' by a leaguie .

Even worse that he is used as a poster child by the NRL on occassion .

Why would he plead for players to clean up their act again? He's done it twice. Yes, it does matter that it happened 7 years ago. Dismissing that dismisses your whole point - he only made those pleads because of recent events. This isn't a recent event. Hell, it isn't even an event - he was cleared.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
All this hoop-la is quite remarkable.

1. Opinion pieces by hacks like Bourbon Beccy such as in today's Tele are remarkable. Sullying a guys name based on a regrettable but legal incident 7 years ago and having the gall to say "the media coverage will put his family and Ch 9 through untold scrutiny..." YOU ARE THE MEDIA FOR F**K SAKE, put this story where it belongs, back in an archive vault somewhere.

2. The current reporting of the matter is nothing short of misleading and unethical. The headlines all over the place have been written with the intention of making it sound like Johns' partook in this in the last week or so. Yeah, I know "Johns in Sex Scandal" sells papers but it's not the truth and it's not fair on a person who has shown contrition for their mistake.

3. If Johns is under scrutiny for this, why isn't ANYONE who's ever partaken in group sex in the media? FMD.

I don't even like Matty Johns that much, I'm just getting really sick of the way the media CHOOSE to report these stories.

Timmah

Staff member
The MO appears to be, get the female drunk, get her to have consensual sex with one player, then it is a free-for-all...

"We are football players you know"...

And you appear to be the typical sort of goose who has no media criticism and blindly believes every word the great Phil Rothfield so bestows upon you. Newsflash - this happened SEVEN YEARS AGO and you have absolutely no proof or evidence this is currently the norm.

Furthermore, what you are saying borders on slander - and not only that, makes an assumption about the personal lives of people.

How would you like it if people started talking about what you do behind the bedroom door, be it with 1, 3 or 14 people?

Pass the Ball

Juniors
My apologies if my deleted post offended...

Why do I need to be critical of the media in this instance...

There has been an allegation..Johns has confirmed that allegation...So surely it is open for discussion now...

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Must have been one hell of a post if your other dribble is still here.

Timmah

Staff member
My apologies if my deleted post offended...

Why do I need to be critical of the media in this instance...

There has been an allegation..Johns has confirmed that allegation...So surely it is open for discussion now...
You need to be critical of the media because they are reporting this in a fashion that is not completely accurate. The headlines seen from most media outlets are based around inferences that it's a fresh allegation. Accuracy in reporting should involve the headlines giving a pre-cursor to a story (for example "Johns sex saga re-hashed"), not a falsified idea that Johns recently took part, as some of the headlines currently seem to say (for example "Johns in sex scandal").

Yeah, the headline might be true by definition but it's hardly painting a picture about the present.

Pass the Ball

Juniors
And here I am reading the story to get the content...

It's not being re-hashed because it was never originally hashed..It was hushed not hashed...

butchmcdick

Post Whore
i hope 4 corners are doing an interview with this woman and the player is named

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,,24115039-5001021,00.html

Do you keep score on hich code sexually harrasses women ?

It looks like your argument seems to be that sure NRL players sexually harrass women but so do AFL players. Big deal. It doesn't matter who sexually harasses women it is wrong whoever is doing it. Or, let me guess, it is a giant AFL conspiricy once again.

Apey

Staff member
Do you keep score on hich code sexually harrasses women ?

It looks like your argument seems to be that sure NRL players sexually harrass women but so do AFL players. Big deal. It doesn't matter who sexually harasses women it is wrong whoever is doing it. Or, let me guess, it is a giant AFL conspiricy once again.

And NRL players are the ones who constantly get picked out by the media, as if an NRL player doing it is worse than an AFL player doing it.

Latest posts