What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty Adamson is back, and going to pollies world.........

Just heard on 2ue that former Panther Matt Adamson is back and has signed for 1 year with the Raiders.

He was a great player whilst at Penrith and should fill the void that will be left by Davico & Wiki.

With Ross out for nine weeks, he would certainly have been welcomed back at Penrith.

Good luck next year Matty.

Kiwi

First Grade
Raiders are desperate. Jason Smith now Matt Adamson. Raiders to miss the 8 in 2005.

_Johnsy

Referee
Things are not looking good at all if they have resorted to signing the likes of these 2 players.

Kiwi

First Grade
These two players were injury prone in their prime, imagine what they would be like now in the NRL?

How long is Adamson gonna last in the forwards with the like of Petero, Webcke, Morley, Cayless, Fitzgibbon, Ricko, Price, O'Meley, Perry ect lining him up? Not long me thinks.

These two guys will be targets for other teams to run at and bash in tackles. They're toast, Raiders for 2005 = GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORN

Raider_69

Post Whore
He was killing it before going to england
being a penrith lad and having a panthers mad family i watched a fair bit of him and i liked him, if he is as good as he was when he left australias shores then its a good signing

Kiwi

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
He was killing it before going to england
being a penrith lad and having a panthers mad family i watched a fair bit of him and i liked him, if he is as good as he was when he left australias shores then its a good signing

Thats a big if, a damn big if.

Raider_69

Post Whore
true, it is a big if
but its only a one year contract and i wouldnt think he would be on much so ill cop it

Suzie

Juniors
Welcome back to Aus, Matty.

I reckon you're right R_69, I don't think he'd be on a huge contract now, an dhe was a very good player for the Panthers. Might even see me heading down to Canberra for a game or two next year ;-) (just don't tell hubby that Matt's back! :oops: )

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: :lol: :lol:
yea my mum and sister were HUGE matt Adamson fans
used to always go to penrith and all they would talk about is matty :lol:
at worst he will take us from ugliest team to 2nd ugliest team :lol:

Kiwi

First Grade
I look at the Raiders main losses and gains, and they have lost more than what they've gained.

Losses in Drew, Wiki, Monaghan, Davico

Gains in Howell brothers, Frawley, Smith and Adamson.

Sure they gained one more player than they have lost, but Wiki, Monaghan and Davico are 3 huge holes to fill. Frawley will do well in Monaghan's place, as well who knows, maybe. But Smith and Adamson don't compare to Wiki and Davico. The other two well 10 game rookies at this stage.

Raiders are losing 3 of their go to guys, and Drew who has won them a few matches since joining the club, and replacing them with rookies and pensioners. It's either gonna work well, or backfire big time. Problem is, if it works well they'll be almost as good as they are this year, if it backfires they're f**ked.

Suzie

Juniors
:lol: :lol: :lol: Just searching for my 1996 "Men of League" calendar.

He's got a good boot, too. Not to mention bott.. :oops:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Davico - Replaced by Weymen, if he stays healthy he is better than Davico and younger
Wiki - Cant replace him but adamson will do as good a job as any, no way you can replace him
Monaghan - Frawley, Howell, Ale and Bronx all well and truely make up for this loss

Drew isnt a loss we pretty much wanted him to go

Kiwi

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Davico - Replaced by Weymen, if he stays healthy he is better than Davico and younger
Wiki - Cant replace him but adamson will do as good a job as any, no way you can replace him
Monaghan - Frawley, Howell, Ale and Bronx all well and truely make up for this loss

Drew isnt a loss we pretty much wanted him to go

Again i'll say you covering the loss of 3 big players for the club with rookies and pensioners.

How can you say a rookie like Weymen is a better player than Davico? What has he proven in such a short amount of time? Luke Davico a 174 game veteran for the Raiders who has done the job for the Raiders damn near every game he plays is easily replaced by Weyman who has played 1 game this year and 5 in his career? You have to be kidding right?

Wiki totally craps on Adamson.

As for Monaghan's replacements, the only guy they have to replace him that is tested is Frawley, and he is only just starting to come good.

It'd be like me saying Webcke, Tallis, and Tate are leaving oh well no worries, Learoyd is better than Webcke, well get David Furner back to replace Tallis and sign a few rookie backs to cover our best centre so no great losses.

skeepe

Immortal
Monaghan isn't much of a centre... he hasn't shown any of the form he had earlier in the year when he was on the wing. Interestignly, since Monas moved to the centres, the two players who have played outside Monas' former partner, Adam Mogg, have scored a total of something like 8 tries in 6 games.

Edwahu

Bench
We are not going to be playing the same style of football next year, so we dont need to replace players in a 1 to 1 swap. We will be much more mobile and with alot more options in attack and less bash and barge. It might mean we are going to get bashed out of games sometimes and we wont win the comp but there is no way we will win the spoon and will be at least around the 8 again. I think thats always going to be the case with our juniors, kind of simmilar to the Broncos situation.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Actually, I think Adamson is an excellent signing. Canberra have a huge number of young players coming through, but with the loss of Davico and Wiki were looking cashed up, but short on experience. By bringing Adamson in for one season only, it leaves plenty of money for retaining/recruiting in 2005/6, but offers a little experience and starch that may otherwise have been missing.

He does not replace Wiki or Davico, but offers a short term solution to ensuring the first grade transition of the players than can.

Frankly, this one is a winner.