What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty Adamson is back, and going to pollies world.........

To be honest he's better than nothing.

We made big plays at Carl Webb, Frank Pritchard and David Kidwell who would have been great buys, but they never eventuated. It's only for one year and it is a gamble, but like I said, it's better than buying no one.

Big Mick

Referee
overrated, always has been always will be.

Just don't let him near your administration he is a shit stirrer and f**ked Penrith up.

woodgers

Bench
Your right Toyko.

We won the PL last year and are looking strong again. We have brought a few through this year and will continue next year again. At least we are not trying to buy the comp like others around.

Why not pick up a few experienced guys on a 1 year contract to help guide these promising players? Someone in the league has to bring them through. I am actually happier that they didn't make big plays at players they don't really want. Why not keep the money and go hard at someone we really want next year.

Raiders are losing 3 of their go to guys, and Drew who has won them a few matches since joining the club, and replacing them with rookies and pensioners. It's either gonna work well, or backfire big time. Problem is, if it works well they'll be almost as good as they are this year, if it backfires they're f***ed
You haven't seen much of the Raiders have you. Drew has lost us so many games and kicked the field goal for 2 from memory. Even those games he played like a busted arse. Drew isn't a loss, we will be better for it.

Pigskin

Juniors
having watched Frawley for a few years now, I throw him into the same basket as Brent Kite (without the rep jerseys) .... has played well for about half a season and imho no way makes up for the loss of Joel Monaghan.

Canberra are buying has-beens and although will be nuisance value, can't make the 8 in '05

Oink !

ps .... if Joey re-injures himself, Newcastle can't make the 8 in '05 either

RaidersMalt

Juniors
It's not just about who you buy, but who you develop.

We have had something like 6 or 7 young blokes debut this year, so we need a couple of experienced players like Jason Smith and Matt Adamson to help bring them through.

Bulgarelli was our "rookie of the year" last year at the age of 27 :roll: , so it is good to see that this year the coaching staff are blooding plenty of youngsters.

Paullyboy

Coach
Yeh Canberra has been absolutely hammered in the off-season department, but as the Raider fans keep warning you guys - we have some of the best young fella's coming through and these signings will just be fringe players.

Ask any Raiders fan and they would 100% prefer to have Wiki, Davico and Mona's next year if it meant we didnt sign anyone new, but thats the way things go - especially when the Roosters are in the competition.

Kiwi

First Grade
I find it funny how easily these players are replaced considering before they each left ( apart from Drew ) Raiders fans were all saying how much they'd be missed and how screwed they'd be if the did leave, now it's they were alright and easily replaced. I haven't seen a better portrail of two face since Tommy Lee Jones.

hrundi99

First Grade
It's called being optimistic about the future.

Wiki is irreplacable.
Davico was due for retirement and Weyman has shown big signs that he CAN be one of the best props in the game.
Monaghan will be missed but if he's made his mind up to leave, what's the point of mourning his loss?

J Smith and Adamson will be role players and provide leadership. No-one expects them to move mountains.

We are hopeful that the talented young players who've shown promise can take it to the next level. Weyman, Carney, Nathan Smith, Rothery, Miller, etc etc.

Kiwi

First Grade
hrundi99 said:

Wiki is irreplacable.
Davico was due for retirement and Weyman has shown big signs that he CAN be one of the best props in the game.
Monaghan will be missed but if he's made his mind up to leave, what's the point of mourning his loss?

J Smith and Adamson will be role players and provide leadership. No-one expects them to move mountains.

Optimistic is one thing, but making claims that a 5 game rookie is better than Davico is down right stupid. along with claims of "drop him" that were made for Monaghan when he signed for the Roosters.

azza

Juniors
Kiwi said:
I find it funny how easily these players are replaced considering before they each left ( apart from Drew ) Raiders fans were all saying how much they'd be missed and how screwed they'd be if the did leave, now it's they were alright and easily replaced. I haven't seen a better portrail of two face since Tommy Lee Jones.

By gee you are a halfwit. What do you expect us to do? Start committing mass suicide because those guys have left? Of course we are going to try and look at the bright side and hope our club continues to improve next year with the signings we have made.

Pigskin, they might be has-beens but there is no doubt experience helps brings through juniors faster. I am much more comfortable having a couple of old heads for a season to bring through our young brigade, rather than simply having a team of juniors with little first grade experience.

PS Monaghan, on the form he has shown in the last two-three weeks, does deserve to be dropped.

hrundi99

First Grade
Other people may have said that but I certainly don't agree.

Having said that, Monas has been rubbish since he signed with the Roosters. He either has to wake up to himself or find himself in PL.

Weyman has shown very positive signs, but I'll assess his true value at the end of next season.

Raider_69

Post Whore
look if weymen plays to potential he is every bit the same and yes better than davico, davico is a fine player but mark my words, weather it be next year or 06, he will become a star

MILLWALL

Juniors
Kiwi said:
hrundi99 said:

Wiki is irreplacable.

Optimistic is one thing, but making claims that a 5 game rookie is better than Davico is down right stupid. along with claims of "drop him" that were made for Monaghan when he signed for the Roosters.

can you show me where someones said it