What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty Bowen

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw in todays Big League that they'd heard rumours Matt Bowen would be at Bondi for 2009.

Anyone heard anything?

A big signing if it's possible.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is the actual article

Big League said:
SHOCK MOVE...
There's a big rumour going around the traps that Cowboys' attacking sensation Matt Bowen has signed with the Sydney Roosters. In a switch that would shock the rugby league world, whispers won't subside that Bowen will move to Bondi Junction at the end of next year, ready for the Roosters' 2009 campaign. Watch this space.

Now I buy Big League every week, and have done for many years and have noticed that they very rarely go about reporting on rumours. Maybe there is some merit to this one.

Choppies

Coach
There was also a big rumour that Rhys Wesser was all but signed for the 2004 season and beyond circulating in the lead up to 2003.
Take it with a grain of salt I say.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Juniors
Doubt it if minis back really was screwed i would say we would have to give Perret first crack, with such big boots to fill he really did step up this year..

matty bowen will be unveiled with petero civoniceva as the next line of roosters powerhouse signings

although the rumour around the traps i heard was israel folau but i laughed so hard my juice came out my nose. israel folau pfffft if people are gonna start rumours atleast make em half believable

if this is true this sucks. i dont like matt bowen at all

Monk

Referee
love the idea of matty bowen in the red white and blue but for the life of me i seriously doubt it'll happen.

i don't. i love the idea of foley in the #1 spot in the red white and blue when we have no mini. i really wish we would give the young ones a longer run than just taking the band aid option

Shorty

Staff member
madunit said:
This is the actual article

Now I buy Big League every week, and have done for many years and have noticed that they very rarely go about reporting on rumours. Maybe there is some merit to this one.
Yeah,that's interesting.
It's possible he might be thinking about it,however I get the feeling he's a one club man.

2 True Blues

Coach
I reckon they release these rumors so the club that the player is actually negotiating with gets a scare and ups the haste and anty.

Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
matty bowen will be unveiled with petero civoniceva as the next line of roosters powerhouse signings

although the rumour around the traps i heard was israel folau but i laughed so hard my juice came out my nose. israel folau pfffft if people are gonna start rumours atleast make em half believable

if this is true this sucks. i dont like matt bowen at all

the Folau rumour has substance when you consider that the Roosters have signed his younger brother and he is close to the melbourne recruitment manager who will be with the Roosters from 2008