What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McCullough

getsmarty

Immortal
21054974mccullougha-headshot-180528736.jpg

SIGNINGS

Dragons confirm McCullough signing
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 15 Feb 2021, 02:00 PM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra have signed Brisbane Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough until at least the end of the 2023 NRL Telstra Premiership season.

The former Queensland State of Origin representative will join the Dragons immediately following his release from the Brisbane Broncos, the club he made his NRL debut for in 2008.

Two spots now remain in the Dragons' Top 30 for the 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership season following the signing of the 268-game veteran.

"It's no secret that we have been interested in Andrew McCullough for a while now and we're pleased to see him finally sign with the Dragons," General manager of football Ben Haran said.

"Signing a player of Andrew's calibre will no doubt inject plenty of experience into our team and wider squad while his style of play will complement the development of the exciting young talent we have here at the Dragons."

McCullough's signing follows Daniel Alvaro, Jack Bird and Poasa Faamausili's arrival and the retention of Mat and Max Feagai, Josh Kerr, Jackson Ford, Mikaele Ravalawa, Adam Clune, Junior Amone and Tyrell Sloan ahead of the Dragons' 2021 campaign.

Be in that number in 2021. Become a Red V member today. For more information on membership, please visit: dragons.com.au/membership. Have any questions? Check our membership FAQs or contact us via 1300 DRAGON (1300 372 466) during business hours, or email redv@dragons.com.au.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/02/15/dragons-confirm-mccullough-signing/

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
AM brings out the best in Hunt and vice versa, they are mates from way way back. Obviously, you have to have some injury concern, but it's not a foregone conclusion that he will be damaged goods, like I've seen many suggest. I like the signing, at this point.
I have heard Macca is a super good bloke and we all know our club loves a good bloke or two.

be55

Juniors
Can you just imagine the torrent of abuse that would have been directed at McGregor, by those on this forum, if he had gone out and signed a 31 year old, coming off a serious hamstring injury, to a three year deal...

One of the most ridiculous recruitment decisions i can ever remember hearing about...

I hope, for all our sakes, that i am wrong and if i am, i'll be the first to come in here and admit it...

Time will tell...

True_Believer

Juniors
I'm ok with it if he can get Hunt and Norman working. If he's the game manager they say he is, then it's something we desperately need in the team and might be the difference to get us going forward

Nerd

Bench
Good luck to McCullough as he was great with the young guys coming through the Broncos but as said above, signing a 31 year old hooker who is coming back from a major hamstring injury to a 3 year deal may end in tears.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Good luck to McCullough as he was great with the young guys coming through the Broncos but as said above, signing a 31 year old hooker who is coming back from a major hamstring injury to a 3 year deal may end in tears.
Yeah mate we all know it’s a risky signing, we are just so resigned to being bad it would be shock to even hear we were going for say a Brandon Smith. On the plus for me and a very small selection of people on this forum I rate BB and I reckon he will get plenty of chances to prove me right this season.

Crush

Coach
Is this the rebirth of the always positive Crush? Or just sarcasm:)
I have my reservations about this signing as stated numerous times but it’s done now and it’s time to get behind the decision and be supportive now. For me at least.
I hate how negative I have become, time to be positive now and look forward to the season ahead. If you can’t be positive before a whistle is blown when can you!?
Cheers blacksafake

TruSaint

Referee
I have my reservations about this signing as stated numerous times but it’s done now and it’s time to get behind the decision and be supportive now. For me at least.
I hate how negative I have become, time to be positive now and look forward to the season ahead. If you can’t be positive before a whistle is blown when can you!?
Cheers blacksafake

Yeah, Im a bit like that.
I don't like this signing for all the reasons mentioned, however once he runs on the field in the Red V, I will be cheering him on.

be55

Juniors
Yeah, Im a bit like that.
I don't like this signing for all the reasons mentioned, however once he runs on the field in the Red V, I will be cheering him on.
Couldn't agree more mate...

All he has to do is don that red and white jersey and i will support him...but i still think the decision to bring him to the club on a long term deal is a strange one on many levels...

Hopefully my comments come back to haunt me and i have to wipe the egg from my face as far as his signing is concerned...

Latest posts