What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McCullough

TruSaint

Referee
Tbh I don’t want to know, it won’t matter when we hoist that trophy up come September.

Nice one Forbes.

source.gif

PS It will be October :)

Gareth67

First Grade
Great ball distributing skills , that it the element that has been missing from the Dragons pack for quite some time . Our blokes will actually have a player whom is capable of distributing the ball competently for a change .

Hell we even may see some set- plays as a result , no more of the maestros timeless play of running it hard and then kicking the pill on the sixth tackle - mind boggling that one .

However I also must question the length of the contract , personally I felt that a 2 year deal would had been ideal , but 3 ? Whatever we have the man now and I feel that he shall be a tremendous attribute to what is a relatively young Dragon side this season .

Maddragon99

Juniors
Ben Dobbin Channel 9 Brisbane just reported that we have offered a 3 yr deal to Andrew McCulloch immediately. Brisbane reportedly refusing to release him.
Well now this questionable decision is official, I think Hook’s decision to recruit McCullough will define Hook’s first two or three years. It’ll either be a master stroke or a disaster. I’m hoping for the former but giving a 31yr a 3yr deal is very brave indeed. Can only hope years 2 & 3 are closer to $300k

Maddragon99

Juniors
Great ball distributing skills , that it the element that has been missing from the Dragons pack for quite some time . Our blokes will actually have a player whom is capable of distributing the ball competently for a change .

Hell we even may see some set- plays as a result , no more of the maestros timeless play of running it hard and then kicking the pill on the sixth tackle - mind boggling that one .

However I also must question the length of the contract , personally I felt that a 2 year deal would had been ideal , but 3 ? Whatever we have the man now and I feel that he shall be a tremendous attribute to what is a relatively young Dragon side this season .
Agreed. 2yr deal with a club option for a 3rd would have been better.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Can you just imagine the torrent of abuse that would have been directed at McGregor, by those on this forum, if he had gone out and signed a 31 year old, coming off a serious hamstring injury, to a three year deal...

One of the most ridiculous recruitment decisions i can ever remember hearing about...

I hope, for all our sakes, that i am wrong and if i am, i'll be the first to come in here and admit it...

Time will tell...
Possibly right be55! If it was May 2014 when he first got the job, i’d say “go for it, you got the job, your head on the block....” Seven years later and seeing what transpired i certainly wouldn’t have been so passive.

Belta

Juniors
I have my reservations about this signing as stated numerous times but it’s done now and it’s time to get behind the decision and be supportive now. For me at least.
I hate how negative I have become, time to be positive now and look forward to the season ahead. If you can’t be positive before a whistle is blown when can you!?
Cheers blacksafake

I dare say there’s a few in the same boat, including myself. Hopefully our boat stays afloat as I predict some rough seas ahead.

Old Timer

Coach
If AM is as slow as some people suggest and is slightly busted as others also suggest then that means it will put a lot of pressure on our halves and force them to actually take the line on and that my friends is not a bad thing at all.

We have had no game management nor the ability to shift the momentum of a game at crucial stages and hopefully now that is something we can do.

FMD I have forgotten what it is like to have someone actually engage the opposition defence let alone get through it and actually force them to make some decisions.

getsmarty

Immortal
A big bonus for us’: Dragons sign Andrew McCullough
41 mins ago
Peter Psaltis
ANTHONY GRIFFINNRLSt George-Illawarra Dragons
GettyImages-528873770.jpg

St George Illawarra Dragons have sealed the deal and signed hooker Andrew McCullough.

Coach Anthony Griffin told Peter Psaltis on Wide World of Sports the former Broncos star “has a lot more potential in him”.

“He’s someone who is going to be a big bonus for us, he’s experienced, he’s played a lot of finals football, 270 first grade games and Origin games, so for our squad where we are at the moment, he’s a great pick up for us.

“I think Andrew has got still a lot more potential in him, and that was the attraction if we happened to get him, is just to test him, and take him to another level.”

Dragons captain Cameron McInnes ruptured his ACL at training on Friday, and Griffin said they were very disappointed for him.

“It was just one of those real tragedies unfortunately you come across in rugby league.”

Click PLAY below to hear the full interview

Image: Getty/ Steve Christo – Corbis / Contributor

https://www.4bc.com.au/a-great-pick-for-us-dragons-sign-andrew-mccullough/

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Well now this questionable decision is official, I think Hook’s decision to recruit McCullough will define Hook’s first two or three years. It’ll either be a master stroke or a disaster. I’m hoping for the former but giving a 31yr a 3yr deal is very brave indeed. Can only hope years 2 & 3 are closer to $300k
Hook only has a 2 year deal I believe, if Macca doesn't fire and we don't move in the right direction I imagine that will be all he gets. Lets hope it proves a masterstroke.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
A big bonus for us’: Dragons sign Andrew McCullough
41 mins ago
Peter Psaltis
ANTHONY GRIFFINNRLSt George-Illawarra Dragons
GettyImages-528873770.jpg

St George Illawarra Dragons have sealed the deal and signed hooker Andrew McCullough.

Coach Anthony Griffin told Peter Psaltis on Wide World of Sports the former Broncos star “has a lot more potential in him”.

“He’s someone who is going to be a big bonus for us, he’s experienced, he’s played a lot of finals football, 270 first grade games and Origin games, so for our squad where we are at the moment, he’s a great pick up for us.

“I think Andrew has got still a lot more potential in him, and that was the attraction if we happened to get him, is just to test him, and take him to another level.”

Dragons captain Cameron McInnes ruptured his ACL at training on Friday, and Griffin said they were very disappointed for him.

“It was just one of those real tragedies unfortunately you come across in rugby league.”

Click PLAY below to hear the full interview

Image: Getty/ Steve Christo – Corbis / Contributor

https://www.4bc.com.au/a-great-pick-for-us-dragons-sign-andrew-mccullough/
Thats a very interesting listen, thanks for sharing that.

blacksafake

First Grade
I have my reservations about this signing as stated numerous times but it’s done now and it’s time to get behind the decision and be supportive now. For me at least.
I hate how negative I have become, time to be positive now and look forward to the season ahead. If you can’t be positive before a whistle is blown when can you!?
Cheers blacksafake
I totally understand how you’re feeling Crush.
I’m not exactly happy signing him for 3 years but am prepared to give Hook some time to make his mark. Anyway once he dons the Red V I’ll be cheering him on.

Maddragon99

Juniors
I totally understand how you’re feeling Crush.
I’m not exactly happy signing him for 3 years but am prepared to give Hook some time to make his mark. Anyway once he dons the Red V I’ll be cheering him on.
A lot depends on what we are paying him, if he’s coming as a bargain say $300K then I can live with that. Cheaper than McInnes but not so much that we’re forced to play him regardless of form. Gives us 3yrs to find a gun junior to take over in ‘23 or ‘24

Maddragon99

Juniors
Not sure what mail the jouro has but this is basically my round one team. If Jack Bird is fully fit for round one that would be a huge boost for us

St George Illawarra Dragons v Cronulla Sharks at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium (6.15pm)

Dragons predicted team: 1 Matt Dufty 2 Mikaele Ravalawa 3 Max Feagai 4 Zachary Lomax 5 Cody Ramsey 6 Corey Norman 7 Ben Hunt 8 Paul Vaughan 9 Andrew McCullough 10 Blake Lawrie 11 Tariq Sims 12 Jackson Ford 13 Jack Bird 14 Tyrell Fuimaono 15 Josh Kerr 16 Daniel Alvaro 17 Poasa Faamausili

Dragons players unavailable: Cameron McInnes (knee), Jack de Belin (stood down)

Others: Eddie Blacker, Billy Brittain, Adam Clune, Kaide Ellis, Mathew Feagai, Trent Merrin, Jordan Pereira, Jayden Sullivan, Brayden Wiliame

Sharks predicted team: 1 William Kennedy 2 Sione Katoa 3 Jesse Ramien 4 Josh Dugan 5 Ronaldo Mulitalo 6 Matt Moylan 7 Chad Townsend 8 Braden Hamlin-Uele 9 Blayke Brailey 10 Aaron Woods 11 Briton Nikora 12 Wade Graham 13 Toby Rudolf 14 Connor Tracey 15 Aiden Tolman 16 Andrew Fifita 17 Jack Williams

Sharks players unavailable: Jack A Williams (throat), Shaun Johnson (Achilles), Bronson Xerri (stood down), Siosifa Talakai (shoulder)

Others: Mawene Hiroti, Royce Hunt, Nene Macdonald, Billy Magoulias, Kyle Patterson, Franklin Pele, Jensen Taumoepeau, Braydon Trindall, Teig Wilton

Latest posts