What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McCullough

independent

Juniors
Ta..

Seems a risky move to offer such a deal at his age & coming off a knee injury..

Add to that we have 2 good hookers..

I can only put it down to (pure speculation) that the tigers have secured our captain..
I was thinking the same thing.......

getsmarty

Immortal
BRONCOS’ ULTIMATUM AS DRAGONS FACE HUGE CALL

The Brisbane Broncos are playing hardball in relation to St George Illawarra’s interest in bringing Andrew McCullough to the Red V for 2021 and 2022.

The Broncos remain adamant they will not chip in anything above the $150,000 they’ve already paid McCullough for the past three months.

Which leaves the Dragons well short of the $600,000 plus McCullough is on in his final season at Red Hill.

The Broncos have made it clear they won’t be offering the tough No. 9 anything beyond this year whereas new St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin wants McCullough as his starting hooker for this year and next year.

c573d4153a783645d84d896014a905b6

Andrew McCullough is being eyed by the Dragons. (Photo by Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images)Source: Getty Images
But the Dragons also want the Broncos to throw in.

Further complicating the scenario is the Dragons are yet to make captain Cameron McInnes an offer for next season.

The Wests Tigers have indicated the club are monitoring the McInnes situation with coach Michael Maguire a huge fan from their time together at South Sydney.

This yarn is guaranteed to continue to develop over the next week.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/a28ff476bbf2d764e20357b57dbb6058

_Johnsy

Referee
If we are seriously considering McCullough (which I can’t understand) Brisbane are in no position to play hardball. He’s on 600k a season, they’re willing to chip in150k, it’s a no brainer. If they’re happy to offload him, they cover at least 300k. Screw that prick of a club to the wall.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If we are seriously considering McCullough (which I can’t understand) Brisbane are in no position to play hardball. He’s on 600k a season, they’re willing to chip in150k, it’s a no brainer. If they’re happy to offload him, they cover at least 300k. Screw that prick of a club to the wall.
I’d love it if someone put a proportionally similar offer to take Norman or Hunt from us. And both are probably better prospects than Macca given their age and his injuries.

TruSaint

Referee

Hang on,

We did ok with Simon Woolford and Luke Priddis.

:)

Sorry, I don't get the interest in this bloke at all.

If we are to sign him, so be it, but as you say taking into account all factors, BNE should bear most of the cost.

_Johnsy

Referee
Hang on,

We did ok with Simon Woolford and Luke Priddis.

:)

Sorry, I don't get the interest in this bloke at all.

If we are to sign him, so be it, but as you say taking into account all factors, BNE should bear most of the cost.
I agree, I cannot see the rationale behind it.

since77

Juniors
In fairness to Priddis, he helped us immensely in 2010 after Fien liquified his ankle in Rd 1..
Yeah not sure about that. The amount of balls he threw to no one from dummy half in 2010 did my head in. I’ll go as far as saying if Fien didn’t return for the finals we don’t win a grand final with Priddis as hooker.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yeah not sure about that. The amount of balls he threw to no one from dummy half in 2010 did my head in. I’ll go as far as saying if Fien didn’t return for the finals we don’t win a grand final with Priddis as hooker.
Dunno.. We played better in 2010 than 2009 with arguably the same squad..

Priddis was unlucky not to be playing on the 3rd of October..

TruSaint

Referee

Maybe,

However when you look at our squad in that era, it was riddled with talent. Any additional experience was welcomed. It was a luxury.

Our current team is far from that.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Maybe,

However when you look at our squad in that era, it was riddled with talent. Any additional experience was welcomed. It was a luxury.

Our current team is far from that.
Oh no doubt he was depth..

But depth that many of us questioned at the time that turned out to be worth the ink in the pen..

I can only hope if we sign McCulloch it’s a similar signing..

I put my faith in hook that he knows what & why we’re talking to him for..

since77

Juniors

Agree to disagree Muz!
I’m wondering if people’s thoughts on Fien are coloured by the unfortunate and bafflingly persistent decision by Price to play him as halfback in those dark years before the even darker McGregor years.
I’ll have to go back and watch some 2010 games as I can only remember cursing Priddis most of the time. I still believe we lose that grand final if Priddis plays.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Agree to disagree Muz!
I’m wondering if people’s thoughts on Fien are coloured by the unfortunate and bafflingly persistent decision by Price to play him as halfback in those dark years before the even darker McGregor years.
I’ll have to go back and watch some 2010 games as I can only remember cursing Priddis most of the time. I still believe we lose that grand final if Priddis plays.
Fien was a great player and a huge loss when he went out in rd 1.. If he wasn’t injured no way Priddis plays 2010..

But, we were more than lucky to have a player like him as a depth signing

mickeylane

Bench
I agree, I cannot see the rationale behind it.
The rationale is simple .
Hook has decided to use Mciness at lock this year and on this basis needs a front line Hooker .. Bird will play 2nd row and cover other backline spots w Sims the other first choice 2nd rower. I guess 2 things are for sure based on the above .
1. Hunt will definitely play 7 this season
2 Billy Britain is not regarded as a first grade Hooker

BLM01

First Grade
Oh no doubt he was depth..

But depth that many of us questioned at the time that turned out to be worth the ink in the pen..

I can only hope if we sign McCulloch it’s a similar signing..

I put my faith in hook that he knows what & why we’re talking to him for..
Correct and Luke is one of those rare legends that wont make too many media recalls or flashbacks etc
But one of a few to have played 300 + and won 3 GF's at different clubs as still a big part of our 2010 side and success.
Fien was also past his prime but a good signing for us.

Dorsai

Juniors
Yeah, I agree. The only reason would be that McInnes is gone but not announced. He was real close to McIdiot. Maybe that was his straw. Sounds stupid to spit the dummy and go just because we turf a loser, but if thats his game well so be it.

Otherwise, McInnes is the new lock.

Latest posts